It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Law Lets I.R.S. Seize Accounts on Suspicion, No Crime Required

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

More than two years ago, the government seized $447,000, and the brothers have been unable to retrieve it. Mr. Salzman, who has taken over legal representation of the brothers, has argued that prosecutors violated a strict timeline laid out in the Civil Asset Forfeiture Reform Act, passed in 2000 to curb abuses. The office of the federal attorney for the Eastern District of New York said the law’s timeline did not apply in this case. Still, prosecutors asked the Hirsches’ first lawyer, Joseph Potashnik, to waive the CARFA timeline. The waiver he signed expired almost two years ago.

Law Lets I.R.S. Seize Accounts on Suspicion, No Crime Required

So apparently keeping money in a bank isn't safe. I have heard about this a long time ago..

To this day I have no used a bank since 2002.. i stash my money in a mattress or something.

Sorry for a short reply on a cellphone so..

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Taxes sucks, but was posted earlier

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Errr don't tell people over the Internet where you stash your cash

edit on 27-10-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to: Indigent

Or something?

And thanks for the heads up didn't know.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
This proves either of two things. One, the various governments are starting to loot the population because they are growing more and more desperate for some reason or, it proves the NWO is coming out of the shadows and is starting to have tangible impacts on the population.

either way, its portent of things to come for any country that is worth something

top topics

join