It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


60 Minutes Segment - Nurse says Duncan died on Saturday, not Wednesday

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in


posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:32 PM
a reply to: AmethystWolf

That's the only conclusion I've drawn every time I think about it.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:36 PM
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Well we may have been onto something but they revised the transcript. And I posted it to fb and everything.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:08 PM
Israeli news reported him dead on Saturday. This nurse said that he died Saturday.
We didn't hear about it until Wednesday.
Where is Duncan's fiancee?
Why are there stories about three nurses missing from Dallas Presby Hosp???

Because the Obama Administration is scared (politically of course) and they are lying to us.... IMHO.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:09 PM

originally posted by: raedar
The two nurses that contracted Ebola from this, how did they survive? How did Nina Pham recover so quickly?

It's possible that she recovered so quickly because of who she and her boyfriend seem to work for.

Also Monday, Alcon Laboratories confirmed that the second patient who has been placed in isolation under watch for Ebola works for the Fort Worth-based company.

The worker, who was not identified by name, is an “associate” who was admitted to Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas on Sunday. The person has been identified by others as nurse Pham’s boyfriend.

Khoi said that he knew the other person being monitored is a friend of Pham's​, but said he did not know their relationship.

“This measure was taken due to the fact that the associate was in contact with the Texas Health Presbyterian health care worker who has recently tested positive for the virus,” according to a statement from Alcon.

“Our thoughts are with our co-worker and their friends and family,” the emailed statement said.

Dallas nurse receives transfusion from Ebola survivor Dr. Kent Brantly

Alcon who is owned by Novartis, Novartis who is involved in vaccine production:

A Texas site is preparing to manufacture the experimental Ebola drug ZMapp, says Robin Robinson, director of the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), a division within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Robinson adds that Novartis’s (NYSE: NVS) vaccine facility in North Carolina is a possible second site to make the drug. Those sites were developed previously in partnership with a U.S. government effort to establish response centers capable of manufacturing drugs and vaccines in an emergency.

ZMapp Ebola Drug Production Set for Texas, Possibly North Carolina

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:19 PM
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

So this murse (male nurse) is talking about when things went totally sideways with his patient on saturday and without any transition at all jumps ahead to his death on wednesday in the same paragraph? How many people are naive enough to believe this edit do you suppose? This guy is completely tore up over losing this patient, has tears streaming down his face, literally says it was the worst day of his life and recounts small details of the care they were providing but forgets to mention it was 4 days later. All we need now is Hillary to come along with a "what difference does it make now?" statement.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:21 PM
a reply to: butcherguy

Because the Obama Administration is scared (politically of course) and they are lying to us.... IMHO.

Do you have any sort of link, or documentation supporting the idea that the White House was aware of any of this? ie. Mr. Duncan's time of death? That it is they who withheld information?

I immediately thought it was the hospital who withheld the information, if in fact it was withheld at all. It could be the nurse simply got the days confused. I've been under stress for long periods of time, and the days start running together.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:26 PM
a reply to: ladyinwaiting
I said 'IMHO', because of course, I do not have any links to info that the White House was behind it.... but we know that they put pressure on NY and NJ immediately to change the quarantine procedures that they implemented.

PLUS, The Israeli media sources announced that he was dead on Saturday. What control would Dallas Presby Hosp have over US media telling them not to run the story? But the White House.... well, that is a different story. They do exert control over our media.

edit on bu312014-10-27T15:29:53-05:0003America/ChicagoMon, 27 Oct 2014 15:29:53 -05003u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:18 PM
a reply to: AmethystWolf

Hmmm. Just like it played in Nigeria with Sawyer.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:22 PM
maybe they were just stating the obvious. I'm sure the newspapers could probably print the obituaries for many people today despite those people still being able to walk around and eat food and in the long term not regret it.

the newspaper demonstrated a great deal more understanding than most newspapers.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:24 PM
I'd like to know what happened to Amber Vinson. She supposedly tested negative but no discharge date has been set.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:02 PM
Here's the video posted on youtube. The comment from the nurse starts at the 6:23 mark.

edit on 27-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:04 PM
If this is true, and I find it highly likely that it is, I see one very obvious reason to hide/delay his death. There were major questions emerging on ATS and in the media about why Mr. Duncan was not being given access to experimental medications like any other Ebola patient brought to American soil. Delaying his death allowed the institution to pretend they had tried them.

The first person diagnosed with Ebola on American soil has begun receiving an experimental medication, just as officials announced his condition was worsening.

Thomas Eric Duncan is now being treated with brincidofovir, receiving an investigational medication in late-stage testing for other types of viruses, officials said Monday.

Now, what I also believe is a possibility (tin foil hat in place) is that in a private conference when Mr. Duncan was first diagnosed, some sadistic person (s) decided that IF he were to live, it could encourage more people in West Africa to come to the US for treatment. I believe it was determined that Mr. Duncan needed to die to discourage other potential patients.

When we and others started asking why he wasn't being treated equally someone went into CYA mode and needed time to appear as if experimental drugs were used. They were used way too late and we were saying that. If this story can be proven, then the drugs were way, way, way too late.

Remember the hospital also has been stalling/refusing to release all Mr. Duncan's medical records to his family.


Just my 2 tin cents.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:26 PM
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

What you said makes sense, esp. the part about the hospital not releasing his medical records. This is becoming more clear as time goes on.

Excellent post!

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:37 PM
I think I remember someone posting a new thread about ole Thomas dying on Saturday per an Israeli news source...and the CDC continued to lie and even invent storylines about his treatment tor three days???

Yeah, someone posted that...I think they even decided it might have been hoax material...
Y'all outta go pat that guy on the back he's still kinda a newb at this sleuthing and investigatin' stuff

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:44 PM
Is his whole family not sick? You would think that they would be on the news everyday, saying: see Ebola is not contagious.

Are they all sick and that's why they are getting no love?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:45 PM
a reply to: MrLimpet

Thanks for the video!

And yeah, there's no pause, no cut, nothing... it's all the same story. Early Saturday, he was really sick, he had the respirator on, he was crying. The nurse talked to him and fifteen minutes later he was dead. That's the story he's telling us.

Who wants to bet the nurse will release a statement saying he got the day of the week wrong?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:52 PM
Might want to rewatch the video. Obviously the original was edited poorly as to the timing. It's now clear he's talking about Duncan dying October 8th:

John Mulligan: He was intubated.

Scott Pelley: Tube down his throat?

John Mulligan: Tube down his throat, he had a dialysis catheter placed because he was not making any urine, but he needed to. And so I was in charge on those two days, so I was not in the anteroom. But at that point, we had five people back there, one of them being a respiratory therapist to manage the ventilator and four nurses taking two-hour shifts in the room because he had become so critically ill. And I've been doing this a long time. I've never seen a four-to-one-patient in an ICU. That's how sick he was. We got through that weekend. I had heard some promising reports through the news and came back on October 8 and was the primary nurse again. Went through our protocol, showered and dressed in the disposable scrubs and put my Tyvek suit on and was double and triple checked by my team back there, the night shift team and the day shift team. There was already a night shift nurse in the room, one had just come out. So we kind of tagged off so we'd always have two in the room. And I got a report at the bedside from her. And I told her to go home to her children. She, you know, we'd been working 16, 18-hour days. By the time you get through this whole process, you've been here 18 hours and you're tired and you've got to come back in 10 hours to do it again. And I turned around and I looked at Mr. Duncan in the bed. And at that point my partner had come in and he was still intubated. He was on a lot of medication to support his blood pressure and his circulatory system. And he was heavily sedated and he had tears running down his eyes, rolling down his face, not just normal watering from a sedated person. This was in the form of tears. And I grabbed a tissue and I wiped his eyes and I said, "You're going to be okay. You just get the rest that you need. Let us do the rest for you." And it wasn't 15 minutes later I couldn't find a pulse. And we did what was called a chemical code, per his request prior to him ever getting so sick. He did not want chest compressions done. He did not want us to shock him if he went into a lethal rhythm because he knew that that would put him at a higher risk. And that was a conversation he had with one of my pulmonologists that was on his case. And the three of us in that room chemically coded him. I pushed the drugs, knowing they weren't going anywhere and I lost him. And it was the worst day of my life. This man that we cared for, that fought just as hard with us lost his fight. And his family couldn't be there. And we were the last three people to see him alive. And I was the last one to leave the room. And I held him in my arms. He was alone.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:53 PM
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

Great post! You tied that up in a neat little package. Even gave us two potential Scenerios to choose from.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:07 PM
I knew it..

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:20 PM
a reply to: AmethystWolf

Read the transcript. He said the patient died Oct 8th.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in