It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Energy field effecting electronics?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: donpanini

No explosions yet, luckly. Sounds like you had a bad couple of months!

I'm gonna be eyeing my new CD Deck nervously from now on, though. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: cappy85

My wife has the same problem you do... It's remarkable to the point she doesn't go near my hard drives or computer because she's sure she will break it too. So many phones, computers, tablets that we've had to have repaired. Every time we hear "that's odd i've never seen this before".... High weirdness.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Keeping all of your local computing equipment plugged into only one wall outlet goes a long way to preventing electrical problems, including static discharge. You could have what is called a "floating ground" measured between two or more other outlets, because the grounding wire in one may not be making good contact. It is also a possibility that the ground fault comes from one side of the main circuit box.

A simple little plug in device will tell you, as well as the gound state lights on a surge protector.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I tend to have the opposite "problem". Not much of a problem for me when I'm minding my own business, but it's a pain when other people expect me to "fix" stuff for them. I'll be messing around on a computer or some other electronic thing that's "no good" and get it working. Then they'll ask me what I did. And it's more perplexing because it works ok for me, but I have no idea what they did to mess something up.

Of course there are some things I can't fix, if it's a total hardware failure I'm not going to be able to bring it back. But in terms of intermittent problems, I seem to always get the uptime half.

Then again, I also have this weird belief that things you use as an extension of yourself can hold some of that energy you put into them. (I've dubbed it "machine karma", but perhaps there's some other name for it.) It's why inanimate things like cars can get a "personality" after a while.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I had someone mention wearing an Orgonite stone, has anyone ever heard of trying this?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: cappy85
I had someone mention wearing an Orgonite stone, has anyone ever heard of trying this?

Scientifically, no effect.
Spiritually, I think we are talking about a different kind of energy, and I would be unqualified to answer.

The only thing that can protect you around electrical wires are grounding straps (other than being in a Faraday cage) . That said, they are not foolproof, and could cause electric current to pass through your body if you happened to grab a hot wire with the other hand.
edit on 29-10-2014 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I have funny things happen to.
a computer will not work.
I strip it down and put it together.
and nothing.

then my second one goes funny.
if I leave it for 2 mouths
it will just work.

its happened about 3 times.
and other computers do it.
its doing it now! my best one
(
other tec will do it to.

ever had light bulbs go,
the more go! 3 or more.
some thing odd is doing it.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Here is a relevant article I found. It seems you should try grounding first, there are wireless ones but they lose effectiveness over time until you take it off and let the charge dissipate.

Human Energy Fields

anti-static ground wrist strap

They have a wireless one with capacitor to "absorb" static electricity, but probably not strong enough.
edit on 30-10-2014 by nrd101 because: edit to taste

top topics

<< 1   >>

join