It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Year Old Hospitalized In NYC With Possible Ebola Symptoms

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
I'm getting confused. Now they're saying he came in with a low-grade fever. I thought it was 103? That's a high fever, right?

They pulled the same temperature switch with Dr. Spencer. He was reported as having a 103 temp when he came in. Then the fliparoo to a 100.3 temp. Something is fishy about how they are changing everything as the story evolves.

Des

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

Poor little guy. I hope it's a negative test, at least they finally decided to run one. Knowing for sure is so much better than waiting and wondering. They will be able to treat him more appropriately the sooner they know what they are dealing with too.
My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: woodsmom

Check out the posts on page 2.

"They" are not going to run a test on him for Ebola.

Let's all hum the twilight zone theme song. Do dut do due, do dut do due.....

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
It sounds to me they did an Ebola test on him, but what's up with the speedy results?

I never did understand that. Let's see if I can get this right (If I'm wrong, somebody please clarify this for me):

Is there a preliminary test of some sort?
And if so, once it comes back positive the CDC does another one, which takes a day or so?
Altogether about 2, maybe 3 days at the most?

I feel bad for this poor child and am praying for his recovery. But here's one glaring question about his family choosing to make their trip:

Why go to an Ebola-stricken nation now?
Why take a young child?

I would sure like to know the purpose of their trip. Maybe they were visiting a sick relative?
Or been to a funeral/funerals?

And where did they go upon returning to the U.S.? Whatever happened to the "enhanced" screenings?
He may have felt sick on the way home and the parents may have assumed it was jet lag or something.

I hope that they too haven't been on the subway or out to eat or the store since returning. NYC has to be absolutely the worst place on Earth (well, in the West anyway) for Ebola to appear. Too many chances of spreading.

I'm going to see about turning on that online scanner later today.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

This whole thing does stink, could it just be the 'fog of war' affect?
I have my doubts also.

They should be careful consideration as to press releases and information provided, nobody seems to be doing anything but contradicting themselves.

And where is that GD Czar?!?!

ADD: De Blasio just 'beat around the bush' as to what led up to the ambulance being called and the symptoms involved.
I have a meeting to attend, I post everything when I get back.
edit on 10/27/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Uh oh....that means all,the other brothers and sisters could have It too...what ever it is...no matter if it's Ebola or malaria, and spread it to all their friends!
edit on 27-10-2014 by Meldionne1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

Ive tried to clarify that for you on a few different threads, the sources are easy to find just search "how long does it take for Ebola test to come back" or something similar- there's a great newsweek article ive linked to a few times but cant post the link right this sec.... the main test used to detect Ebola can take as little as 3-4 hours. It is the most reliable test, though there are others. The "catch" I guess is that not every hospital has the equipment to run the test. So if the sample doesnt have to go far- say just a few floors up/down- it could easily come back within 3 or 4 hours I believe the CDC uses this same method. So at most it would be the time to transfer the blood sample to the next closest hospital or designated place the CDC is using, then a few hours for the test results. The bigger the hospital/city I would imagine the better the chances of it being able to test on its own...

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

originally posted by: OkieDokie
5 year old boy being tested for ebola in New York City

The boy returned with his family from Guinea Saturday night and five members of the family were being quarantined inside their apartment, sources said.

This is the link Texasgirl shared in the other thread she mentioned. So we are getting conflicting reports right now since this one is headlined as him being tested as well as his family being quarantined.

~OkieDokie

ETA: Just found confirmation that that have indeed tested him.

Asked about the boy at Bellevue,"by early afternoon we should know the result of the test" (Ebola) @DrMaryTBassett
Twitter
She is the Commissioner of the NYC Health Department.

I did read through all of the posts on page two. My first reaction was frustration at lack of testing, but it seems someone decided to take care of that. The above quote provides links.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

I know, maybe I should add I do feel for this child, it has to be hard going through this on top of having ebola. No child should endure this level of fear. And knowing if my kids came down with it I along with several others would also, makes me hesitant to let this go on blindly behind my back. I may not be on the front lines helping but I do want to be informed and try to stay out of the way when I can.

But that is what this is all about to me keeping our children(my children) safe. I'm not asking them to lock these people up and throw away the keys, just come up with a system to monitor them. We monitor criminals on house arrest, cell phones can do it, why can't they just keep tabs on the few that cross over. In reality we are not talking about 1000's of people, it's just a few, so far we can count them one one hand.

I'm glad they put the nurse back in her house in Maine. I'm wondering if any of her neighbors are going to complain about their rights to life now!

a reply to: woodsmom

Which ebola thread is that one, I'm sorry I lost track with all this craziness going on everywhere. And to think it's only been about 4 weeks so far. . .
edit on 10/27/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodsmom

originally posted by: OkieDokie
5 year old boy being tested for ebola in New York City

The boy returned with his family from Guinea Saturday night and five members of the family were being quarantined inside their apartment, sources said.

This is the link Texasgirl shared in the other thread she mentioned. So we are getting conflicting reports right now since this one is headlined as him being tested as well as his family being quarantined.

~OkieDokie

ETA: Just found confirmation that that have indeed tested him.

Asked about the boy at Bellevue,"by early afternoon we should know the result of the test" (Ebola) @DrMaryTBassett
Twitter
She is the Commissioner of the NYC Health Department.

I did read through all of the posts on page two. My first reaction was frustration at lack of testing, but it seems someone decided to take care of that. The above quote provides links.

Good to know, thanks.

I was beginning to think that the government wasn't just incompetent on the handling of Ebola, but downright determined to see it spread.

Thanks for the correction!

However, I still think Child Protective Services should be involved just over the fact the parents knowingly took a 5 year old child into an Ebola hot zone.

edit on 12Mon, 27 Oct 2014 12:40:06 -0500pm102710pmk271 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

It's in this thread, things get missed when you're typing sometimes.
I have given up trying to keep up in all of them. I'm homeschooling two little boys, there's not much hope for me beyond five or ten minutes at a time. I appreciate all you guys are doing by keeping the info flowing!
edit on 27-10-2014 by woodsmom because: Typo

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
No problem. I was happy to see that too. We had our local emergency services come out with a statement that they had a possible Ebola patient, but the algorithms said he was fine. I also discovered then that my state has no means to test for it, that's a big problem for me.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
And this is why travel restrictions absolutely won't work.

It's exactly why travel bans WOULD work. Guinea is in West Africa. No one comes into the US coming from West Africa without an established quarantine in place.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
So.... test results should be in later today.

(CNN) -- An American nurse who has tested negative for Ebola is being released after days in quarantine in New Jersey.
Kaci Hickox, who told CNN the quarantine was violating her rights, is being discharged, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's office said Monday.
Also on Monday, a 5-year-old boy who recently visited West Africa and has a fever was being tested for the virus in New York.
The boy, who was running a temperature Monday morning, is with his mother at New York's Bellevue Hospital Center, said Dr. Ram Raju, president of the New York City Health and Hospitals Corp., which oversees Bellevue.
The boy's test results should be available within 12 hours, and officials are trying to find out whether the child, who returned with his family recently from West Africa, came into contact with anyone who has Ebola, Raju said.
www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I am so sick and tired of the conflicting reports and never-ending stories. I could scream!

I first found out about this child when I logged into Alex Jones' site. They got this from the NY Post. Here's an excerpt from the Post's original story:

A 5-year-old boy who just returned from West Africa was transported to Bellevue Hospital Sunday with possible Ebola symptoms, according to law-enforcement sources. The child was vomiting and had a 103-degree fever when he was carried from his Bronx home by EMS workers wearing hazmat suits, neighbors said. “He looked weak,” said a neighbor. “He was really, really out of it.”

nypost.com...

If you look at the top of the above report, it's got a time stamp of 3:30 a.m.

At 10:25 a.m. the NY Post came up with another version of this story:

A video obtained by The Post shows a heavily bundled 5-year-old Bronx boy being rushed by workers in hazmat suits to Bellevue Hospital, where he developed a low-grade fever Monday morning and was being tested for Ebola. The boy’s mother can also be seen in the video, emerging with just a face mask on behind her son at the East 172nd Street building.

Here's another excerpt from the second story:

The child did not have a fever when he was initially examined Sunday night at Bellevue, according to the New York City Health and Hospitals Corp. He developed the fever about 7 a.m. Monday. City Health Commissioner Dr. Mary Bassett said on MSNBC that the boy has a low-grade fever and that the test results are expected by early afternoon.

nypost.com...

If you compare the names of the writers, the ones who did the first report had nothing to do with the second one. Hmmm....I wonder why? I smell a rat.

Here's another excerpt from the second report that really bothers me....for obvious reasons:

“I saw the workers suited up taking the boy out,” said first-floor resident Tawana Johnson, 36, who took the video. “He looked out of it. I hope he’ll be OK. They’re a nice, hardworking family. … I heard he was playing with the neighbor’s kids and she sent them to school today.”

I pray that this child does not have Ebola, because if he did - those other children he played with were exposed.

I have to wonder why Infowars took the first report down from their main page. I had to do a search to find it. Then I discovered that it came from the NY Post, then I did a search there and found two different stories altogether.

Oh, and btw - the results were supposed to be in early afternoon. Well, it's going on early evening. Nothing yet. Again, I smell a rat.

They have lots of those in NYC.
edit on 27-10-2014 by dianajune because: typo

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
CNN has a video saying what the initial report says & that
is the 103 F temperature with vomiting.

Source www.liveebolamap.com...

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Any update on this with thw test guys?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vaxellion
Any update on this with thw test guys?

still waiting...

The boy's test results should be available within 12 hours, and officials are trying to find out whether the child, who returned with his family recently from West Africa, came into contact with anyone who has Ebola, Raju said.

source

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I agree all signs points to positive. If this is the first infected child on American soil, misconduct will warrant a much greater reaction from the public because of the age. I'm sure they are doing everything in their power to bundle it as nicely as possible before the results are confirmed.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JG1993
I agree all signs points to positive. If this is the first infected child on American soil, misconduct will warrant a much greater reaction from the public because of the age. I'm sure they are doing everything in their power to bundle it as nicely as possible before the results are confirmed.

I said practically the same thing on another thread. That's why I think we're not hearing results yet. I hope I'm wrong but I think we're going to hear that he's positive!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join