It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Vs Yahweh sorta

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

You'll have to pardon my short temper these days... been going through some stuff at home...

At any rate, I'm sure Jesus never followed any of his allegories with, "but you will futilely try to understand it because you lack critical thinking skills."

Well I am most definitely not Jesus...

again, I apologise if im a bit short tempered...

I will also disagree with the fact that God is love. From my position all the "God is love" crowd has done is throw out all the nasty parts of the Bible that doesn't agree with that. Keep going, you're almost there!

Almost where?

the bible is not one book, its many books complied over a very long period of time... The OT does not line up with the God Jesus spoke of... its as simple as that

And because your God is love it makes him real? What makes him any more real than any other faith based view of a God?

Nothing but my experiences with him...

As I've said before, no one can prove God to another person...

Personally I do believe the God Jesus spoke of is quite different then the so called god of the OT... this is based on what he said, as compared to what is written in the books of the OT...

A few of the gnostic writers knew this... and they were labeled heretics by the church and deleted from history...

in my personal opinion when something or someone gets deleted or covered up, someone is trying to hide some truth...

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

You'll have to pardon my short temper these days... been going through some stuff at home...

Don't worry about it. No big deal honestly. I'm certainly guilty of making snarky comments towards people. I don't know why I felt the need to say anything about it either. I guess I was just caught off guard because it seemed a little antagonistic from the way I've seen you post before and I know you're better than that!

Almost where?

Throwing out the rest of the Bible! But I said that mainly in jest.

the bible is not one book, its many books complied over a very long period of time... The OT does not line up with the God Jesus spoke of... its as simple as that

Personally I do believe the God Jesus spoke of is quite different then the so called god of the OT... this is based on what he said, as compared to what is written in the books of the OT...

A few of the gnostic writers knew this... and they were labeled heretics by the church and deleted from history...

in my personal opinion when something or someone gets deleted or covered up, someone is trying to hide some truth...

It definitely raises an eyebrow, and questions that I do agree should be asked and considered. The term, "Like father like son" definitely does not come to mind when comparing the OT God with Jesus. Oh what I wouldn't give to go snooping through the Vatican archives... Anyway, as I mentioned to you in a different thread I need to better acquaint myself in some of these areas.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch
See, I became a Christian to avoid righteous justice.

originally posted by: graphuto

Most do. The main thing that holds people back from accepting God is pride, and a (false) sense that their morals are somehow higher than those of the Creator of the universe.

If your god is an excuse to avoid justice (doing what's right) then your god doesn't even have any morals.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
a reply to: borntowatch

Are you only a Christian out of fear?

I became a Christian due to fear, now I am a Christian because I love God, love His actions and love Christ.
He is my Father.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
If your god is an excuse to avoid justice (doing what's right) then your god doesn't even have any morals.

Oh contrare
My God is not an excuse to excuse avoid justice, my God is the reason I try so hard to live a just life.
I have failed, yet I try to live as holy as possible now, yes I still fail, but now I work harder to be a better person than I once was.

Faith with out works is dead. I work hard to please my father, work hard on being a better person. I am not the same person I was before.....mostly

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

Why is it so hard to understand that the shedding of blood is the only way that sin can be forgiven,
You are probably thinking of Hebrews 9:22
In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.
(2011 NIV)
This is the writer being metaphorical, with language like, "he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood", to say that Jesus entered Heaven by first dying.
It is a central and well established fact to believers that Jesus died on a Roman cross, but the writer of Hebrews is drawing a comparison with the temple services at Jerusalem, to show how his ministry is superior to the earthly services of a priesthood that has to repeat the cycle over and over, forever.

that death is the only true and valid recourse for sin.
Yahweh laws can be no other way, sin is so detestable that sinners must be separated from life.

Show me in the bible where sin can be admonished some other way.
I think you are being just a bit shrill here, like the only way to fix the earth was with a flood, which is something that is promised to not be repeated.
God in His forbearance has withheld such measures in the hopes that men will come to a knowledge of God through Jesus.

Jesus said that to the truly repentant, He will forget their former sins, so this is the way to forgiveness today, which is conversion and coming to godliness and living righteously to show that we are worthy of having our pasts forgotten and to be raised from the dead to a new life in a better world.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Hmmm, the OP say he doesn't understand the Trinity but he accepts it. Here is a sage bit of advice, if you don't understand the Trinity don't just accept it, read the bible, research the history of it's development, don't let your church affiliation decide for you.

My research has led me to the fact that Jehovah is not Jesus, never has been, never will be. Many say it's not important, but actually it really is, because if you think Jesus and Jehovah are the same spiritual being then the ransom is being denied by such a belief, Jehovah can't die, but his created spiritual son Jesus could and did. Only Jesus as a separate unique being paid the ransom by actually dieing, and he was resurrected back to life, not instantly, but 3 days later by Jehovah. He actually ceased to exist for that very brief period. So many Christians don't understand the concept of the ransom, and the extreme importance it plays in our survival.
edit on 30-10-2014 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Only Jesus as a separate unique being paid the ransom by actually dieing . . .
"Ransom" in the New Testament is always used in a figurative sense.
Jesus did not literally pay a ransom.
In one context there was a literal thing similar to that, as a sort of hostage negotiation with the temple police when he was arrested.
He made an agreement to give himself up peacefully if they let his disciples go free.
But as far as a sort of mystical "sin debt" owed to some unknown entity, that Jesus paid, the New Testament never mentions anything like that.
Hebrews 9:15
For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance--now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.
(2011 NIV)
What Jesus did was to ransom the world, in a metaphorical sense, from being burdened with all the now unnecessary parts of the Law, through his creation of a new Law of faith that had to be enacted in a way that it is centered on a person who had been proven to be perfectly obedient, even to the point of death, which is the plan to bring about a righteousness to men by way of the holy gifts of the spirit that comes through him directly from God.

edit on 30-10-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatchim1.shutterfly.com... 0322180714972.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/?tn=899958355

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join