It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Vs Yahweh sorta

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

Very polite, I like it. Here, I'll paste it up for you since you can't be bothered to read the rules and stickies of the forums :

Some of the topics in this forum will most certainly deal with the existence of God. Does God really exist? While this is a worthwhile topic many members wish to move past this introductory theme, past Religion 101, and would like to dive into deeper topic of religion and faith. Are Christians required to keep all of the 10 Commandments including the Sabbath day? Are the teachings of Mohammed peaceful, a beneficial for people today? Do Mormons really believe in polygamy? Do all Buddhist monks have flashbacks before battle? We can't begin to truly discuss these topics if we're constantly arguing about if God is real or not.

If you have questions that deal with the existence of God or want to ask if Mohammed actually was a real person or a myth, then please start a new discussion with a meaningful, appropriate title and you may then dominate a new discussion with this theme in mind. Please do not interject into deeper religious topics the question of the reality of a higher being? Unless stated in the topic, we are assuming in this forum that we've moved on past that point. Imagine discussing algebra while someone keeps interjecting that they still don’t believe in addition. The very reason that classes such as these have prerequisites is so new ground can be covered in the subject.

Don’t forget that there are several other forums that deal heavily with religion were the existence of a God isn’t taken for granted. Conspiracies in Religion constantly deals with the issue of religion being simply a fictitious control mechanism for manipulating the masses (Sheeple to some). Origins & Creationism Conspiracy is a fantastic forum for debating evolution vs. intelligent design. These two forms regularly deal with most of issues that usually distract from deeper topics in this forum.

To sum things up. Let's stay on topic and allow discussions to take place without constant interference.
edit on 27-10-2014 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Yes, a God who condones (or did at any time) rape, slavery, murder, human sacrifice, and has and does manipulate the free will of his creations is totally just and worthy of my praise and worship. If I don't worship him he could have it so any number of those horrible things happen to me, then send me to hell afterwards. I'm totally feeling the love of a father, an abusive one.
edit on 27-10-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

originally posted by: graphuto
a reply to: daaskapital

I said Bible believing.

A fair number of the 2.1 billion Christians on Earth would have to be 'bible believing' though, considering it is the fundamental book of which their faith is based.

Of course this all just speculation on both of our parts. You don't know how many Christians strictly follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, and neither do i. What we do know is that there are 2.1 billion Christians who may or may not follow the teachings.

I know lots of "Christians" who do not believe in the Bible. Some of them do not even believe in God.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   

I suggest you start a thread on the subject, as that is not the subject of this thread, and thus it appears to be thread derailment, especially after you have asked and been answered.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: Rodinus
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

So if I may politely ask and after what the OP stated here : "Jesus is coming back to judge humanity"

We just have to rely on the OPs personal words and not ask for facts or proof?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

No. The OP's words are meaningless, you should not rely on them at all. Jesus said He was. You can believe Him or not, the choice is yours. It's as if you told your wife who is stuck in a building you are coming back for her. You can not prove you are going to come back, she either has faith in you that you will, or she doesn't. Can you prove to her you will come back?

Too right I would come back for my wife... AND I would literally let the fire/paramedics department know that I was going back into the building as well as any people I met on the way back in... that would be proof enough no... (They might even have time to take pics or get the cameras rolling?) ;-)

I forgot to mention, I am not relying on the OPS statement just asking a plain and simple question.

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 27/10/14 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   

What if they just wrote a news article about it though? There wouldn't be any proof, right? And even if all those people believed you, that you were going back for her, there would be no way for her to know that until you actually arrived, right?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I suggest you start a thread on the subject, as that is not the subject of this thread, and thus it appears to be thread derailment, especially after you have asked and been answered.

Hi Occam.

I apologise, but personally the question has been answered as per how the person belives the question should be answered, I personally wish for more responses.

If you think that I am derailing this thread please report as per the usual ways (member profile/alert etc)

If the moderation staff decide that I should be kicked off this thread because I asked for a clear response then it is up to the moderation staff and not people who are not happy with my polite observations and questions).

I will not justify anymore, lets just see what the rest of the thread brings and what the moderation staff decide huh?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 27/10/14 by Rodinus because: Grammar check

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   

What if they just wrote a news article about it though? There wouldn't be any proof, right? And even if all those people believed you, that you were going back for her, there would be no way for her to know that until you actually arrived, right?

Agreed Graph.

BUT, as I also stated, maybe they might have the time to get pics and the camera team in there.

Not only that but another thing : My wife is a REAL flesh and blood human being for who I have devoted nearly every single second and minute of my adult life... she would know darned well that I WOULD go back for her if I promised so... Even if I died trying I would fulfill my promise...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   

You've created the answer to your own question by denying us the tools needed to sufficiently answer it.

If you mean, what is it physically gonna be like? Those who aren't saved will be absolutely terrified.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   

To us, God and the Bible is just as real as your wife. Many have devoted that same time that you've donated to your wife, to God. We believe He's coming back because He said so.
If you're looking for solid, physical, concrete proof, unfortunately, it won't be found in this thread, nor anywhere else, for that matter. The only proof we have for God is the Bible, and without it, we'd have only a vague concept of him.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   

You've created the answer to your own question by denying us the tools needed to sufficiently answer it.

If you mean, what is it physically gonna be like? Those who aren't saved will be absolutely terrified.

Ummm...

No, I answered the question from Occam which was the following :

"It's as if you told your wife who is stuck in a building you are coming back for her. You can not prove you are going to come back, she either has faith in you that you will, or she doesn't. Can you prove to her you will come back?"

However and will stay adamant to my first question, maybe why not rephrase it for avoiding negative feedback :

Question to BornToWatch : you stated this : Jesus is coming back to judge humanity...

How do you know Jesus is coming back and why do you beleive this?

2 simple questions for which I am trying to find a simple and logical answer without being accused of being a thread derailer by some certain individuals here.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

To us, God and the Bible is just as real as your wife. Many have devoted that same time that you've donated to your wife, to God. We believe He's coming back because He said so.
If you're looking for solid, physical, concrete proof, unfortunately, it won't be found in this thread, nor anywhere else, for that matter. The only proof we have for God is the Bible, and without it, we'd have only a vague concept of him.

Thank you for your answer Graph.

Your answer is respected and understood.

I am looking forward to other peoples answers here too.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Simple and logical : We believe the Bible. Period. End of story.

Edit : Didn't mean to double post at you.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Short of having a camera mounted on a time machine, how exactly is it possible to PROVE that something is going to happen in the future?
You have chosen to make a demand which cannot be met, so of course nobody is going to meet it.

Also, let me observe, you are seizing on a side-issue.
Ths thread was written about the alleged distinction between the gods of the Old and New Testaments, between "Jesus and YHWH".
Why not return to that main discussion?

edit on 27-10-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Short of having a camera mounted on a time machine, how exactly is it possible to PROVE that something is going to happen in the future?
You have chosen to make a demand which cannot be met, so of course nobody is going to meet it.

Also, let me observe, you are seizing on a side-issue.
Ths thread was written about the alleged distinction between the gods of the Old and New Testaments, between "Jesus and YHWH".
Why not return to that main discussion?

Hi Dis.

This is my first time participating on this forum and I have realised now that anyone questioning faith here on this forum is not welcome so I shall leave it at that and not participate with polite discussion in this forum again.

As for your last statement here : "Also, let me observe, you are seizing on a side-issue.
Why not return to that main discussion?"

I was actually referring to a statement that was in the OP which was this and was in the main topic : Jesus is coming back to judge humanity.

Anyway, it doesn't matter... the message of not being welcome by certain folks here has been digested.

Have a good day, afternoon or evening.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Too right I would come back for my wife...

I don't doubt you, but your claim you would is not proof.

AND I would literally let the fire/paramedics department know that I was going back into the building as well as any people I met on the way back in

So you would tell people, that is not proof. Jesus has told us He will come back, why is your word proof and not His?

... that would be proof enough no...

No, it would be your word that you will go back, which is not proof.

(They might even have time to take pics or get the cameras rolling?) ;-)

Of what, you claiming you are going to go back? Jesus was recorded claiming he was coming back, that is no more proof than your claim on camera.

I forgot to mention, I am not relying on the OPS statement just asking a plain and simple question.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

You are demanding something that can not be given, have been told is impossible to give, and you persist on demanding it.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Anyway, it doesn't matter the message of not being welcome by you folks has been digested.

No one said you were not welcome, you have been told there is no proof, and proof is impossible to give, not just for Jesus coming back, but any time ANYONE claims they will do something in the future there is never proof they will, it's simply impossible.

Until the event happens, you take it on faith that they will or will not, neither outcome can be proven.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   

This is my first time participating on this forum and I have realised now that anyone questioning faith here on this forum is not welcome so I shall leave it at that and not participate with polite discussion in this forum again.

All I did was point out that you were demanding the impossible.
That gets us nowhere.
It ought to be possible simply to discuss the content of a belief-system within the parameters of that belief system.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
If my wife was stuck in a building (lets say for arguments sake the building was on fire) and not a building on fire in the future... a building present time right now... which would be logical...

Then yes me running back into that building and trying to save my wife would be recorded by camera crews or anyone holding a smartphone... (visual recorded proof...)

If Jesus came back now I think that modern day technology (even dating back from the 60s) would have or could recorded/record an event no?

Anyways... Out of respect for the OP I will let you get back to the topic that I have apparently and unintentionally derailed.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 27/10/14 by Rodinus because: Quoting issue

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   

edit on 27-10-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join