It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rodinus coming to the States soon...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Hi to all our US members (rare for me as normally I state all international members)...

But this one is just for you Ladies and Gents :

In january I will be over in the States for a week and a half business trip and will be visiting Delaware and then going over to Baltimore University...

Anyone from those areas able to share some decent wining and dining venues (Or great tourist attractions.)

For extra information, I will be bringing over a couple of Swiss clients so need to give them a good time.

Maybe an occasion to meet up with some members in that area one evening for a drink or 4?

Thanks for your feedback.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
That's too far away for me, but I do so hope you have a lovely time!

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
That's too far away for me, but I do so hope you have a lovely time!

Hiya my dear.

Last time I was over in the States I was over on the West coast in San Diego....

The people there were so lovely and made me feel at home...

I particularly loved the culture of the old town (sadly a tourist attraction but I was with a local person who took me to the right places) and the "Casa del fuego" where I managed to fill up my travel bag with SOOOOOO many hot sauces...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Hiya Dearest NightStar...

Last time I was over in the States I was over on the West coast in San Diego....

The people there were so lovely and made me feel at home...

I particularly loved the culture of the old town (sadly a tourist attraction but I was with a local person who took me to the right places) and the "Casa del fuego" where I managed to fill up my travel bag with SOOOOOO many hot sauces...

Had my first "Diner" breakfast" in the states and fell in love with the 1950s 1960s theme in a trailer diner... Even had a real Wurlitzer jukebox... played Paint it Black every morning and really pissed off the waitress...

..... HMMMMM BAAACCOOONNNNN.... I had an overdose of bacon and was glad to eventually get back to France and my cereal and fruit juice breakfast (not forgetting the Caffeine and Nicotine of course...)

So a good traditional diner to begin with in Delaware or Baltimore would be a great start... (I already know Mortens steakhouse so other foodplace suggestions would be much aprreciated.)

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 27/10/14 by Rodinus because: I am still crap at quoting.... Grrrrr

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

Stretch it! No way you can truly enjoy what the US has to offer in just a week and a half. I ended up enjoying myself so much I spent a year there on a 3 month Visa as a (let me have this) RAMPAGING FUGITIVE! Many great memories, in particular living with alligators in my backyard, literally 20 meters from the back door.

So, yeah, try and break free, dump the Swiss - they won't care one way or the other anyway - and hire a car and just cruise for a month.

Also, unrelated. I have a dog who travels with me fine in the car. Sits on the front seat where he is told no worries. Looks at the world, good dog. Quiet well behaved.
But, as soon as my kids are in the car he goes completely mental, barking at everything especially darker toned people (I wish that wasn't true...!) and guys on motorbikes. Also, any dog or cat he sees and he turns into an uncontrollable nightmare.
Remove kids, he goes back to cool as a cucumber.

So, in your professional opinion, is this legal grounds to get my kids put down?

(Also, if thats not an option, how can I get him to not feel he has to protect the kids and display dominance?)

Watch this soccer kick, I'm bending it like Beckam back into the net just to avoid being too far off topic by saying:
I hope you have a ball!!!

edit on 27-10-2014 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Qumulys

Stretch it! No way you can truly enjoy what the US has to offer in just a week and a half. I ended up enjoying myself so much I spent a year there on a 3 month Visa as a (let me have this) RAMPAGING FUGITIVE! Many great memories, in particular living with alligators in my backyard, literally 20 meters from the back door.

So, yeah, try and break free, dump the Swiss - they won't care one way or the other anyway - and hire a car and just cruise for a month.

Also, unrelated. I have a dog who travels with me fine in the car. Sits on the front seat where he is told no worries. Looks at the world, good dog. Quiet well behaved.
But, as soon as my kids are in the car he goes completely mental, barking at everything especially darker toned people (I wish that wasn't true...!) and guys on motorbikes. Also, any dog or cat he sees and he turns into an uncontrollable nightmare.
Remove kids, he goes back to cool as a cucumber.

So, in your professional opinion, is this legal grounds to get my kids put down?

(Also, if thats not an option, how can I get him to not feel he has to protect the kids and display dominance?)

Watch this soccer kick, I'm bending it like Beckam back into the net just to avoid be off topic by saying:
I hope you have a ball!!!

Definately going to stretch it in a couple of years time when the ripe old age of retirement rolls along...

Going to do it "Road movie" style...

Erm... probably not a good idea to have the kids put down though...

For the pooch... If he/she has been protecting the kids from a young age there is nothing you can now do about it apart from going to expensive and completely useless animal behaviour and training classes...

You just have to show him/her who is master and everytime he/she obeys reward him/her with a little caress and a treat.

ALTHOUGH... Never would I have my dog in a dominant position in the front seat of the car... he/she needs to stay at the back and know where his/her place is in regards to heirarchy (Pack pecking order...)

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Ps. Unfortunately I cannot dump my Swiss clients as they are also friends... plus the fact that they contribute to my salary...
edit on 27/10/14 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Refreshing to hear a pro say those expensive lessons are not worth it! I've recently spent a fortune at the vet with him, they had him on valium to 'calm him down'. Well, it sure calmed him down, to the point where he would go to go outside, and fall asleep with his head just hanging out the doggy door. It was then I decided that although the valium made him settle down it was purely for our benefit, not his. So we slowly got him off that again and he's back to his bubbling self.

Sadly, his dominance (well he is basically always on the lookout for people walking past the house) over the kids was from lack of training on my part. I'm stuck in a wheelchair, and most of the time he is in the upstairs area hanging with the kids. So I was never able to get to him in time to correct it. Owner error pure and simple. However, once kids are in school - he does everything I say and is a great companion. Best hugs ever.

Back on topic. Dump the swiss, pfffffft so they pay your bills - they will remain neutral I'm sure of it! Just curious, is it a professional conference you are attending about vet stuff? Mad respect for you btw! The best vet work I've done was saving a Cichlid from a nasty case of dropsy and swim bladder issues. I thought he was a goner, but he turned out to be a champ like Rocky. (I'm big into keeping fish, more so plants - I have a thread on some amazing planted tanks in my sig).

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

Not these Swiss people... as I mentioned they are also friends and they will not dump me as I will not dump them too...

I think it is a little too late to train your pooch (depending on his/her age of course...) unless the kids are willing to listen to you?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
For Baltimore eating, I'd suggest crab cakes. They are really good if done right.
And these places seem to be at the top of their game.

And for micro brew beers, or as we like to say, "craft" beers, here is a spot to look for that.

If you make it down a few states, I can offer a guided tour, but Maryland is a bit too far to drive for a quick trip. Good luck and have fun!!

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
For Baltimore eating, I'd suggest crab cakes. They are really good if done right.
And these places seem to be at the top of their game.

And for micro brew beers, or as we like to say, "craft" beers, here is a spot to look for that.

If you make it down a few states, I can offer a guided tour, but Maryland is a bit too far to drive for a quick trip. Good luck and have fun!!

Hey, Thanks Net, much appreciated.

Actually, there may be a possibility of extending our trip to go to the University of Maryland too...

I will let you know.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Sent you a message. Let me know your itinerary and I may be able to meet up with you.

You should take network up on his offer, he's good at making beer disappear.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Have a good time. I visited my sister when she was in the Army at Fort Meade Maryland and we went in to Washington to see all the sights. If you haven't been, I recommend a trip to see the monuments. No guided tours, just grab a camera and walk around.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Hey,
You coming through the NYC airports at all? I live right down the road from both of them, and may be able to provide some activities or amenities around this area. Let me know.
Either way, safe travels and have fun.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Sent you a message. Let me know your itinerary and I may be able to meet up with you.

You should take network up on his offer, he's good at making beer disappear.

I'm not that far away...mind if I tag along? (AM...sorry about the rant a few weeks back...some of my best friends are Masons
)

I am only about four miles from tippy top of Delaware and five from Mary Land.
Send me a pm...both of you since you are so close...
it could be legendary.

edit on 27-10-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

No worries. If his schedule fits with mine I can accommodate.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

get yelp....then search for "strip club"....let nature take its course from there...

good luck and have fun

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: the owlbear

No worries. If his schedule fits with mine I can accommodate.

Thanks for your answers folks...

When I have definate dates I will ley you know.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rodinus
will be visiting Delaware and then going over to Baltimore University...

I live in Delaware.

You will be in Baltimore for a week and a half? You are half way between Philly and DC. You can take your pick of great things to do.

Philadelphia

- The Art Museum. Info Here Renoir, Monet, Van Gogh, Picasso, etc. Great stuff. It's my favorite place to go in Philadelphia. Look into their Friday evening 'wine and cheese with the art' happenings. Good restaurant in the Museum. Excellent for entertaining executive/business clients.

- Liberty Bell and Independence Hall in downtown Philly. HERE Also the Tomb of the Unknown Revolutionary War Soldier, Betsy Ross House, Philadelphia Mint, Ben Franklin Grave, etc are all in this same area. Tourist stuff.

- Sporting events. Flyers hockey. The Swiss play hockey (My father in law is from Switzerland).

- Washington DC - you know everything there - walk the monuments in the National Mall, go to the Natural History Smithsonian. Walk by the White House. (need tickets and clearance months ahead of time to go in). Tourist stuff.

- Washington DC - Capitals Hockey Game (That's NHL level).

- The American Indian Smithsonian has a good cafeteria for lunch. It has different native American foods from different parts of the country. When there, I always would eat at 'the woodlands' section - woodlands indians ate elk and I loved the elk there.

- B'More - Sporting events, Inner Harbor with the Aquarium. Tourist stuff.

- Near B'More is Gettysburg. Historical tourist place.

As for bars and restaurants ... that's not my thing so I'm not up on them.

edit on 10/27/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: Rodinus
will be visiting Delaware and then going over to Baltimore University...

I live in Delaware.

You will be in Baltimore for a week and a half? You are half way between Philly and DC. You can take your pick of great things to do.

Philadelphia

- The Art Museum. Info Here Renoir, Monet, Van Gogh, Picasso, etc. Great stuff. It's my favorite place to go in Philadelphia. Look into their Friday evening 'wine and cheese with the art' happenings. Good restaurant in the Museum. Excellent for entertaining executive/business clients.

- Liberty Bell and Independence Hall in downtown Philly. HERE Also the Tomb of the Unknown Revolutionary War Soldier, Betsy Ross House, Philadelphia Mint, Ben Franklin Grave, etc are all in this same area. Tourist stuff.

- Sporting events. Flyers hockey. The Swiss play hockey (My father in law is from Switzerland).

- Washington DC - you know everything there - walk the monuments in the National Mall, go to the Natural History Smithsonian. Walk by the White House. (need tickets and clearance months ahead of time to go in). Tourist stuff.

- Washington DC - Capitals Hockey Game (That's NHL level).

- B'More - Sporting events, Inner Harbor with the Aquarium. Tourist stuff.

- Near B'More is Gettysburg. Historical tourist place.

As for bars and restaurants ... that's not my thing so I'm not up on them.

ooOOOOOOOO....

Thank you Flyers, am copy pasting and printing all that info out right now...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I edited in some info about the American Indian Smithsonian. If you go walk the National Mall there to see the monuments and to walk past the White House, stop by the American Indian Smithsonian (near the Capitol Building). they have an excellent cafeteria style place for lunch. Different 'stations' have different Native American Indian foods. I used to go eat at the 'woodlands' section - Woodland Indians (from the Mid Atlantic, North East) would eat Elk and the station had elk. mmmmmm .... good.

ETA .. Oh .. and Philadelphia, B'More and DC all have Hard Rock Cafe's.

The Hard Rock in DC is next to Fords Theatre, where Abraham Lincoln was murdered.

There is a Lincoln Museum in the Theatre. I"m a huge Lincoln fan so I like going there.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join