It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sending U2Us and copying other members...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Hi boys and girls...

Quickous questionous from Rodinus...

Maybe this is my "I am crap" gene going into action again and also the fact that my "I am crap" gene still cannot get to grips with the search question but my question is the following :

I have often wanted to send U2Us to multiple members at the same time and up until now am copying and pasting the same message and then sending the U2U individually.

Is there a possibility of having a "copy to" function added to our private message page?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

Yeah, but there shouldn't be. This is how little personal armies are formed.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Yeah, but there shouldn't be. This is how little personal armies are formed.

For some people yes... however, all that I am concerned about... is easier communication.

Even without this type of function personal armies are created Domo (In my opinion.)

Personal armies/gangs will be found on any social network.

Kindest respects

Rod
edit on 27/10/14 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I think the site is also worried about marketing spam being distributed that way.
That will be why, after you send a message, a slight delay is imposed before you can send another one.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   

My first impression is spam.

If a message is suitable for multiply distribution,
on a scale to big for the current copy/paste method
currently used, perhaps it should be posted as a forum item.

I consider ATS to be a public forum, am I correct in this assumption?
Should'nt U2Us be a private person to person "personal" method of communication?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
I think the site is also worried about marketing spam being distributed that way.
That will be why, after you send a message, a slight delay is imposed before you can send another one.

You are right... I did not think of that?

Maybe in that case, is a suggestion of putting one of those little thingummy jigs where you have to copy what you read (strange code that you have to type at least twice) to avoid robot marketing/spamming?

Just a thought coming from my "crap genes?"

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
exqueeze me, error

edit on 27-10-2014 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: grubblesnert

My first impression is spam.

If a message is suitable for multiply distribution,
on a scale to big for the current copy/paste method
currently used, perhaps it should be posted as a forum item.

I consider ATS to be a public forum, am I correct in this assumption?
Should'nt U2Us be a private person to person "personal" method of communication?

Bingo. There are measures in place to prevent Spam. And not just the type of spam from Bots.
Member starts his/her own online store or forum, and send a quick invitation message to
Akragon AlienView AndyLaRue ANNED ArMaP arpgme aussiefly aynock Azdraik babloyi BatheInTheFountain Biotech2024 Blister Bluesma BornAgainAlien borntowatch Borys Brazen butcherguy caitlinfae CaptanMad charlyv Chickensalad Cloudbuster ColCurious Crazybagman cuckooold DancedWithWolves dashdespatch dawnstar Dem0nc1eaner DISRAELI DMC71 Dr1Akula dreamingawake DrumJunkie DrunkYogi DuckforcoveR Egyptia Ericthedoubter eyeinoz feelingconnected ForeverMan ForteanOrg foxhound2459 freeenergymobile geldib Gemwolf generaldisarray ghastlycurious Golden Rule graphuto Grenzerfahrung guohua Hachi85 HAZE3 Hected hellobruce helpdeskian hopenotfeariswhatweneed hutch622 Iamschist ignorant_ape Indigent IShotMyLastMuse Ivar_Karlsen JackieO jaytay JBRiddle jdb51 Jeroenske jmdewey60 johndeere2020 joho99 Jomina JosephJohnson kauskau LadyTrick lifecitizen Lompyt lonegurkha lostsock LurkingRelentlessly Maltese5Rhino Malynn markymint mchoeven mclarenmp4 Miccey mike dangerously mipher muse7 mymymy neformore Neoleon nerdyclutzyblonde Nettlas newsoul Novaroc NthOther nukedog OccamsRazor04 omfgitsme OnionHead orangetom1999 OrionsGem oztimbo panickydickhead pegman pennylemon Perhaps pikestaff Prezbo369 PurpleHorizon pzkw3 qmantoo Qumulys RedAmnesia RickinVa Rishiana rival rlro2009 rls420 rockintitz Rogue Shadows roth1 shadowblade ShadowLink Shana91aus sildalvia Silicis n Volvo skido sn0rch Soloprotocol soulshn St0mP121 Starcrossd stealthyaroura SubTruth supradupradotcom tavi45 TechniXcality TheForced themove1904 ThePeaceMaker TheSpanishArcher theultimatebelgianjoke TinfoilTP tsharp11 UnderKingsPeak undo Vivitarmind watchitburn WeZet wmd_2008 woodwardjnr Wookiep Wraiths zandra ZeussusZ _BoneZ_ ~Lucidity
Took me two seconds, compared to the current method which will take hours...

Also, the messaging system is a low-level communication medium, meaning it simply doesn't have the complexity/functionality like that of e-mail for example "Reply to All" and "CC" and "BCC" etc. If you want to talk with more than one person at a time, there is always the chat rooms - with limited usage.
edit on 27/10/2014 by Gemwolf because: Formatting

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla
exqueeze me, error

Tsk Tsk Tsk...

Kindest respects

Rod

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

Thanks Gem.

Trying to suss that out now

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: grubblesnert

This is not a public forum as per the site-owners previous assertions. This is a private members only forum.
MS

top topics

join