It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG!! OMG!! Ebola Prompts North Korea to Bar Tourists.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Ebola Prompts North Korea to Bar Tourists

SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea has announced that it will not accept any foreign tourists beginning Friday because of fears of the Ebola virus, three agencies that take tourists to the isolated country said on Thursday.

The news came as the country said it was stepping up inspections and quarantine measures at its main airport, borders and ports to guard against the spread of the deadly virus, which has killed thousands of people in the latest outbreak.

“Three days ago, they said that anybody who’s been to West Africa would have to provide a doctor’s certificate stating that they don’t have Ebola,” said Gareth Johnson of Young Pioneer Tours, a travel operator based in China. “And then today, they just said no foreign tourists at

all.”

www.nytimes.com...

Dammit now I have to make travel arrangements to freakin Tahiti instead,I was really looking forward to tour the exciting night life of Pyongyang's club scenes,hub nobbed with the locals about Dear Leader's haircut and fashion sense over a cold one,visit their industrial and shopping parks.. my only concern was booking a room after all I expected the hotels to maxed out this time of year .Damn U Ebola!

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I'm sure Dennis Rodman will be heartbroken.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Darn.....so much for my winter getaway. Pooey!!

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Hahaha, its because north korea has no health care system.

If you break your leg, they take you into a backroom where they have a tv playing a vhs copy of "breakin 2 - electric bugaloo" and as you marvel at the technological and artistic advancements of the outside world they hit you in the head with a sledgehammer,

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

O yeah that's another thing checking out their basket ball league , I heard dear leader's favorite team NEVER loses.
edit on 26-10-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Well this means one thing for sure....

Ebola is real !!!

Some countries don't play games.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
My little Rodman, why have you forsaken me. Boo Hoo.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
My little Rodman, why have you forsaken me. Boo Hoo.

LOL!!!!!!

Anyway, its a good idea it seems logical, probably the only logical thing we will hear come from there for quite awhile. I realise they can't mess with Ebola though it would wipe them out and i doubt all these aid places would be going in there too help.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Tourist in North Korea? I'm sure that's a fun filled trip.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Hilarious! Or as I thought -- I guess it means they don't want him back, as he is the only one who visits..........
They might just as well have said "Dennis Rodman, banned from our country for fear of Ebola". : )

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Rodman probably already shares dna with ebola and is immune

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Well this definitely changes my travel plans. I suppose I could still go to China, but there is not enough depravity and brutality there for my tastes. So it seems that the only remaining options are Africa or Iraq. The majority of the most dangerous countries in the world are in Africa by the way. I wonder if this announcement by North Korea will change ambassador Rodman's future travel plans?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

Hmmm not soo certain about that, dictators ships are down,although Libya ain't good and a visit to Egypt can wait Somalia have waay too many guns for my Lib taste,Ebola plagued Liberia and Sierra Leone and Boko Haram infested Northern Nigeria is off of my to do list ,for the most part most African countries would be pretty kool places to visit .
Here is a top ten list
alltoptens.com...
The above however leave out Syria a nice vacation spot.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I really think Fat boy is missing a big opportunity here... If Ebola can get in North Korea. How will their advanced medical people claim to have cured it overnight?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: scattergun

True very true

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

since when has N. Korea allowed any one in to their country to vacation aside from Rodman???? O_O

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

What? All 6 of them!?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: sarra1833

since when has N. Korea allowed any one in to their country to vacation aside from Rodman???? O_O

North Korea Tourism

Ok, more than six.

Here are some recent reviews on the amenities

Ryugyong Hotel

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Maybe they think that Ebola was created in the lab and might be used to attack them.

Remember north Korea can never, ever do anything good in the world and it must be that they eat the bodies of the dead if you ask me and it effects there brains.

My travel plans must now be changed so maybe i will go to Saudia Arabia to see the live crucifiction of a political activist but don't worry if you didn't hear about it on the news because our Saudia royal friends cn do no bad.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard
Maybe they think that Ebola was created in the lab and might be used to attack them.

Remember north Korea can never, ever do anything good in the world and it must be that they eat the bodies of the dead if you ask me and it effects there brains.

My travel plans must now be changed so maybe i will go to Saudia Arabia to see the live crucifiction of a political activist but don't worry if you didn't hear about it on the news because our Saudia royal friends cn do no bad.

Crucifixion?? how very very Christian ..beheadings man beheadings! right after Friday prayers. ..SCHWIING!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join