It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Auditory Messages Received while Listening to Music

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Strange occurrence last night. I was listening to psychedelic music after someone *wink* got me listening to 70s Pink Floyd, and this one track I was listening to had this women lecturing on the dangers of spiritual awakening. She warned about how independent beings can attract the attention of very powerful predators, how she had been hunted herself, and how to take precautions to make sure that you are not deceived into falling for their traps. I literally heard this with my own ears. This wan't a vision or an automatic thought or some experience of the internal world, but it sounded as if it had been intended by the musicians to be part of their track. Today, I went back to listen to it again to see if I could make more sense of what she was saying, and there's no monologue on the track whatsoever. I went back into my internet history to make sure I was listening to the right one, and this is it, but no narration. So, is this a hallucination, should I go to the psyche ward? ;p

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Have you had this happen before ? Were you under any influence of any kind of drugs? Just have to ask.....I only listened to a few minutes of the song and did not hear any words. ...maybe you picked up another frequency/airwaves from another station and they blended .

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Or just an afterthought....but have you goggled the same song to see if there is a version with words out there...maybe you clicked on that version

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

No. I'm not prone to auditory hallucinations, and no drugs that I know of. I was listening to it in youtube, so nope, this is it.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

What is the name of the song? ...and it's by pink Floyd ,right?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
1st lesson of 70's Floyd...It will rot your mind. But in a good way.

For lesson 2...listen to side B, rinse and repeat.

Damn I miss all those messages...The only problem is that they are never the same for any 2 people.

Did I mention the mind rotting thing?

In other words, it's Floyd. If you Don't hear something, you're not really listening.

Peace

edit on 26-10-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
My reply probably belongs in another section...LOL....but here goes. Music is vibration....not everyone gets metaphysical stuff the same way, so it makes perfect sense to me while you were enjoying & listening you may have accidentally "tuned in" to more than one frequency than just Floyd.

Some people can just park their bums and meditate, some people need to do a walking or an "active" meditation and some "get it" thru music.

I think you just had a happy accident.

Perfectly normal and awfully cool.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
You were listening on youtube, so that brings with it many possibilities.
1. Perhaps the version of the song you were listening to had been altered? Can you go back in your history to get the exact version just in case? (unlikely, but possible).
2. Since you were on a computer of some sort, maybe a web-page in the background had started another video/audio without you noticing. (It's very annoying when pages do this, but not un-common).
3. Perhaps it was just your internal dialogue and you didn't recognise it because you were just so involved in the music at the time?
4. Maybe it is a symptom of an oncoming mental condition and it may be worth talking with your family and a medical professional just in case?

Cheers, Q

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

Nah, unless I'm bleeding out, I'll let doctors keep their diagnoses to themselves.

I wish it was another tab. I'd really like to go back and listen to that again paying more attention this time. ;p
edit on 10 26 2014 by Nechash because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Very interesting, would you or could you post what you remember of what she said?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Well, sounds like you probably won't ever get a clear answer on what was happening. So, (I'll be honest, this is a thin veiled excuse to whip this out) I have this great speech/monologue that move something inside you.
Just excuse the hitler mustache. But the delivery of this speech is beyond this world, I had no idea Charlie was this good. So put on some Pink Floyd and overlap this speech.

Greatest speech ever.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Well I gave both songs a listen and didn't hear anything like that in either. The first thing I'd like to point out is that you're questioning your sanity a bit--that's a good thing. Means you're probably fairly sane. What the source actually was might be next to impossible to track down. As another poster suggested, it could very well be a forgotten tab open or even Windows freaking out for a few. I've had sound get stuck "on" even when an application has been closed. Problem is that it was probably late and you were most likely tired. My guess would be that it was just a little sound snafu and sticking with that unless it happens again. If you hear the same lady talking to you about predators out to get your soul again, might be time for a check up, lol.

That said, a lot of music does sometimes bury things in. Trance music writers especially like doing that.

PS. The stuff that the woman you heard talking is pretty much standard spiritual awakening stuff--hence why I presume it's not really "in your head" and probably an external source. Forgot to add that bit.
edit on 26/10/14 by WhiteAlice because: added ps

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Interstellar Overdrive is 60's Pink Floyd.. from their first album, Piper At The Gates Of Dawn, 1967. I must have heard that song a thousand times, but I've never heard a hidden message. But the dangers of spiritual awakening is interesting in relation to the story of Syd Barrett who went quite mad.
Everything Floyd did after he left the band was about him in some way.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

So, is this a hallucination, should I go to the psyche ward? ;p

Ahhh, You don't go to the psych ward for a hallucination. Hallucinations are probably more common than you realize. If you aren't hallucinating when you are listening to psychedelia, you're not listening right. I kind of lived in a hallucination for 10 good solid years. ah shucks,

top topics

join