It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Double stabbing at Canada's Wonderland leaves 1 dead, another in critical condition

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609
a reply to: intrepid

Anyone have the whereabouts of ole Rob
Ford in the night in question? Would make a nice cherry on top of his recent life story.

Probably the hospital. He's fighting cancer right now.

In all seriousness Its more then likely nothing if its not obviously something. (Lol?) I mean to say that if its not obvious that its something bigger then a random street mugging then its probably just that. These line wolf people seem to like to make a big deal out of the reasons why they do what they do. Maybe to feel just?

My money is on a drug deal.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Gotta love how you ignore the fact I said it was "Yes most of it is government stuff"
Fine I'll list a couple things for you.

1) The U.S wanted to open up food trade between the two countries. However because the U.S has a terribly low food standard, Canada had to lower our food standard so that we could sell U.S food. You may ask, "Why didn't the States raise their food standard" To which I answer, you must not know that the U.S corporations number 1 goal is to make money at all cost. It saves money to have crap being added in as preservatives and flavoring instead of proper ingredients.

2) Keystone Pipeline. The wonderful pipeline that will destroy one of the best things about Canada, it's Nature.

3) The U.S big bank collapse screwed many countries over, including Canada.

4) We sold you our Hydro (which believe me, we all hate the retarded politician who allowed that to happen) and have to buy back our Hydro from the States.

5) Because Canada is "buddy buddy" with the States, we sent our troops into a false war and lost. People don't think Canada had any involvement with the Iraq war but this article shows how that is untrue:

Oh, absolutely. We provided more than almost everyone in the whole world, I mean other than the US, Britain, and Australia, I think that a very good case can be made that Canada provided more than any country except for those three. So, I’d say we were at least in the top five. Now, its interesting the whole issue of the Coalition of the Willing, because when that was announced on March 18 2003, Secretary David Colin Powell said “We now have a coalition of the willing who have publicly said they could be included in such a listing”. And then he said, quote: “there are fifteen other nations, who, for one reason or another, do not wish to be publicly named, but will be supporting the coalition”, unquote.

Canada’s Secret War: IRAQ – Ten Years After “Shock and Awe”

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabiduria

What's that got to do with this stabbing?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Someone joked that they should invade Canada over this and I so I joked that we should cut ties. People freaked out about a joke so I backed it up with why we should actually cut ties with the U.S

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Having lived in the GTA (greater Toronto area) for over 18 years..this is not surprising, in fact I'm surprised it made it's way to ATS. With all the gangs in and around the area, I think it's safe to say it was most likely gang related/retaliation..wonderland is a pretty popular place where people of all walks of life attend

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
A stabbing??? really, we average about 6 murders a month here in B.C..probably 75% gang related..quit the fear mongering please..I do think some positive words/message in your OP and well meaning.
Cheers
edit on 26-10-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

I wasn't sure where the location of Canada's Wonderland. I'm from B.C and don't know much about Canadian Theme Parks.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Why do people see that as fear mongering? Is it because there is so much all over the place, everything starts to look like fear mongering?

Again, I pointed out a slight rise that is happening right now and said I don't care why it is happening, we need to stop fighting each other. We need to work together to fight our oppressors.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

Just another incident.

People should stop right here before getting all feared up.

It's a stabbing in a parking lot at night. Nothing new. But if we start seeing all the normal incidents that we have being hyped...we are creating the fear ourselves.

You say it's a lot lately. Are you combining the Ottawa case while using a short time span or a year's worth of Data?

Homicide Rates are actually Decreasing:

2008 2009 2010 2011 2012
611 610 554 598 543

www.statcan.gc.ca...

Canada’s crime rate falls, as homicides hit lowest level since 1960s

www.thestar.com...

StatsCan says Crime Severity Index, which measures the volume and severity of crime based on prison sentences, was 36 per cent lower in 2013 than a decade earlier.

In 2012, Canada reported only 172 firearm-related homicides out of a total of 543 homicides, the lowest tally in more than half a decade, in comparison with the United States' 8,813 homicides, according to statistics released by the Canadian government.

Peace

I also believe that people should not get feared up. However, this would have made the mainstream desks, irregardless of the attention in Ottawa. Violent crime is on the upswing internationally, and I think it is important that everyone understands that they are only as safe as their general cognizance and awareness allow.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
DANG these EMO kids are such CRYBABIES.
Grow a thicker skin. You aren't special to me.
If my statement seemed to be addressing you alone then YOU are mistaken .My comment was to show triviality of such and how they are being USED against people when the facts are the guy was USED as a tool in order to scare.

HOW you thought YOU were in any way the subject is a loss to me.

edit on 26-10-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

Just another incident.

People should stop right here before getting all feared up.

It's a stabbing in a parking lot at night. Nothing new. But if we start seeing all the normal incidents that we have being hyped...we are creating the fear ourselves.

You say it's a lot lately. Are you combining the Ottawa case while using a short time span or a year's worth of Data?

Homicide Rates are actually Decreasing:

2008 2009 2010 2011 2012
611 610 554 598 543

www.statcan.gc.ca...

Canada’s crime rate falls, as homicides hit lowest level since 1960s

www.thestar.com...

StatsCan says Crime Severity Index, which measures the volume and severity of crime based on prison sentences, was 36 per cent lower in 2013 than a decade earlier.

In 2012, Canada reported only 172 firearm-related homicides out of a total of 543 homicides, the lowest tally in more than half a decade, in comparison with the United States' 8,813 homicides, according to statistics released by the Canadian government.

Peace

Well said.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Just like absolutely everywhere on this planet, bad stuff does happen in Canada too! Some things will be reported and some wont, it might feel like its happening more but with how many news articles you have been posting i think you are just looking in to it alot more.

I love Canada its a beautiful country, i have been there and was mindblown by how cool & pretty it is but its always had bad crime just as everywhere else does , if i was an American i would be offended by your statement of cutting ties with them, how is stuff happening in Canada the US fault? Why is everything always the US fault? I realise they play a huge part in this world but you cant blame them for what people do to eachother on your turf, that could have happened anywhere

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus
I always pay attention to these news stories, I just decided to share two of them and have had my head bit off for commenting on a slight rise in crime.

You shouldn't be offended by cut ties with the U.S because A) it started off as a joke in response to another persons joke.

B) The reasons I listed in response is the fault of the U.S gov. You just can't point that out to them because their are tons of jingoistic people there.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join