It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to Choose a New Energy Supplier...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Our current contact is almost up. If we do nothing and stay with our current supplier, the rate goes UP almost $2.00 per kW/hr!

Since this is pretty new to me (we just stayed with our original supplier when it was deregulated) any advice on how to choose would be awesome. TIA!

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Oh my gosh! Going up $2.00 per KWH?!
Good luck to you that is ridiculous!

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I heard electricity was going way up, but I would imagine that's all electric companies.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

You may get some real help if you tell us where you are.

Start with what country and then narrow it down a little by state.

Otherwise all we can do is commiserate.

P

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Where is this. I miss Jimmy Carter. Time for alternative energy. Jump off the grid. If you live in a city though they probably have rules against that. You can be hooked to the grid and not use it though. Just pay for being connected as you are extorted to do so in most cities now. Someone should start a class action law suit some where for racketeering and extortion for that. Not for the price, but for forcing you be be part of it and having to pay anything at all. The forcing makes it racketeering and extortion. Does not matter that you want it and may or may not want to be hooked up. It matters that you do not have a choice. Include all the politicians that made it happen every one that voted for it as well as the companies. There are many alternatives, some suppressed. But create your own if you want, buy some greyhounds and put them on a treadmill with a generator LOL They used to used Oxes to turn a wheel to do many things grinding corn ect.. Ratio that to turn a generator. Just kidding or maybe not, but there are many options there and many that can be made or invented if you use your imagination.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I don't know about lovebeck, But I am in the Northeast, Rhode Island. We heard prices will be going wayyyyy up!

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Are you sure it 2 dollars that it is going up not 2 cents or 20 cents (still horrifying) . 2 dollars is 20 cent an hour extra to run a 100 watt light . At that rate i would think solar power is definitely the go. Depends where you live i guess . Good luck

top topics

join