It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The darkness at the end of the cosmos.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Boiling in a thousand agonies is a place where no mortal flesh can tread, where dark beings burn with the fires of the blackest illumination: a light so bright it burns out every eye, casting darkness onto the world. In the depths of this abyss lurks an insane intelligence, more masterful and sinister than anything that has ever existed in any dimension, may it never become aware of you.

In the beginning, there was the infant God and the infant God smiled lovingly up at his all loving Mother and cooed softly as he whispered, I am good. And in the process of becoming good, he cast his reflection into the universe so that the law of balance might be maintained and the light was born and the darkness was born and a division was made between them seperating the light from the darkness.

And the infant peered into the darkness, but only ever saw his own reflection staring back at him, and his anxieties grew realizing that what lurked behind his reflection was the most evil force imaginable and his fears manifested themselves into reality and from the darkness, a great dragon was born.

For centuries upon millennium, the dragon would sit on the other side of the glass staring at the boy, dreaming up a way to break through the glass to devour him, but no matter how he might try, he could never get to him.

One day, the dragon had a devious idea and began singing to the boy, the way his mother might sing to him when he was afraid, but in his singing, he projected images and sensations onto the glass so the boy would become transfixed by what he saw, and the boy picked up the fruit that the dragon offered him and he devoured it, becoming baffled and ensared by the images he projected, and the boy disintegrated into a septillion tiny fragments and fell into the looking glass and then the boy waged war against himself.

And the great worm sat back and he smiled and he said, "It is good," for he would never go hungry again.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

I think a translation is needed for anyone to understand that.

Maybe this belongs in the short stories section? It's like The Necronomicon on acid.

Oh, and for a story like that, you need Pink Floyd.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DeepImpactX

Way too much for me. I listen to this, and I am orbiting Europa in no time flat.

join