It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Einstein's Last Thoughts - The Higher Plane of Knowledge and a Portrait He knew

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

You cannot see the wind but you can see it's effects.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrunkYogi

You cannot see the wind but you can see it's effects.

I have 5 senses. I don't need to see the wind to know it's there, or measure how fast the air is moving; just like I don't need to jump off a cliff to know that gravity is real. The movement of the air and its causes are measured by technology and understood by scientists. With god, however, there is no way to detect with any senses or measure with any technology. There is only blind faith and guessing, and that's cool with me, I just don't understand why folks can't admit it or accept the fact that it's based on faith.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AlephBet

99% opinion and creative thinking, 1% undetermined = this thread.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Blind Faith is not wisdom.
edit on 29-11-2014 by DrunkYogi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DrunkYogi

Yes. The Father and Mother needed just over one chapter of the Bible (Genesis 1-2) before they rested and handed it to the Son of God as training. All the words from Genesis 2:4- Revelation are words of the Son. The Father speaks again through a humbled Son, then the Son again condemns some of mankind. The Rainbow is the promise of the Father. The Son will once again be humbled if he fails to love his enemies and fails to repent openly to us about the story. We have been deceived by the theology produced by those who wiped the true names form the Bible.

Manly P. Hall

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. * * * So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, * * *."

Consider in thoughtful silence the startling use of pronouns in the above extract from "the most perfect example of English literature." When the plural and androgynous Hebrew word Elohim was translated into the singular and sexless word God, the opening chapters of Genesis were rendered comparatively meaningless. It may have been feared that had the word been correctly translated as "the male and female creative agencies," the Christians would have been justly accused of worshiping a plurality of gods in the face of their repeated claims to monotheism! The plural form of the pronouns us and our reveals unmistakably, however, the pantheistic nature of Divinity. Further, the androgynous constitution of the Elohim (God) is disclosed in the next verse, where he (referring to God) is said to have created man in his own image, male and female; or, more properly, as the division of the sexes had not yet taken place, male-female. This is a deathblow to the time-honored concept that God is a masculine potency as portrayed by Michelangelo on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. The Elohim then order these androgynous beings to be fruitful. Note that neither the masculine nor the feminine principle as yet existed in a separate state! And, lastly, note the word "replenish." The prefix re denotes "back to an original or former state or position," or "repetition or restoration." (See Webster's International Dictionary, 1926.) This definite reference to a humanity existing prior to the "creation of man" described in Genesis must be evident to the most casual reader of Scripture.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Although the intrinsic nature of the Tao is ineffable, it is quantifiable because mathematics depends not on words but on numbers and their relationships. That's why Galileo said that the book of nature is written in the language of mathematics. However, mathematicians wander blindly because they fail to recognise the nature of the divine paradigm that is working its way through nature. And, even if some did, it would be professional suicide to admit their discovery in public. So they keep quiet. But some are braver than that because they care only for truth, not for their reputations.
The measure of God is 384.
Examples:
384 lines & broken lines in the 64 hexagrams of I Ching.
384 instances of the four nitrogenous bases adenine, guarine, cytosine & uracil in the 64 codons of mRNA and the 64 anticodons of tRNA.
384 rising and falling intervals between the notes of the seven diatonic musical scales.
Etc, etc.

Why? Because the Many originates in the One:
1 --> 384 = 2^2 + 3^2 + 4^2 + 5^2 + 6^2 + 7^2 + 8^2 + 9^2 + 10^2.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: micpsi

Very Interesting! Anymore examples?

Why don't you start a thread about it, i am sure it would be good.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrunkYogi

Blind Faith is not wisdom.

I couldn't agree more, although many religious folks argue the contrary. I am a big fan of Taoism and similar beliefs.
edit on 29-11-2014 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Hi Barcs. Blind faith is dangerous. It seems that everything we have ever had faith in has let us down and when people feel let down they become angry. The anger usually leads to violence or the anger hurts you personally. From the anger some new idea forms, the people put their faith in that and low and behold they get let down again. A vicious circle that humans have been going through for thousands of years. Blind faith leaves you open to extreme manipulation as is evident in many of the religions of today.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Blind faith should apply to GOD. It is a ldder of sorts that is used to reach you. If i say i have faith in my car to keep running then it could be dangerous. If i say that i have faith that GOD will see that i have a way to meet my travel needs then it will be so. I may not agree with my mode of travel but by faith in him i will get there if i believe.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Look at all of the religious people that are being killed in Syria by ISIS. Do you think they had faith that God was going to save them. What about ISIS and their beliefs, did they have faith that God would help them kill their enemies. I hope you see the vicious circle here!

You are right DD it is a ladder but unfortunately it only goes in one direction and that is down.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

Blind faith should apply to GOD. It is a ldder of sorts that is used to reach you. If i say i have faith in my car to keep running then it could be dangerous. If i say that i have faith that GOD will see that i have a way to meet my travel needs then it will be so. I may not agree with my mode of travel but by faith in him i will get there if i believe.

You will believe that you arrived there by god, but did so using your own will. There are 2 definitions for the word faith. One of them is trust, the other is blind belief. I have faith that my auto mechanic will fix the issue with my car because he is a trained expert with credentials and experience. That doesn't mean I'm blindly believing in his existence. Both definitions apply to the religious god because there is no evidence of any of his works or existence.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join