It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Cousin is Gone- Ebola/Government

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
My cousin attends Greenville College in Greenville, IL and recently came back from a mission trip to Liberia. He was their as a premed student giving vaccinations for polio and other various illnesses. He came back 6 days ago and began showing symptoms related to Ebola 3 days ago which he reported to Greenville Regional Hospital. They followed up with him by sending an ambulance with hazmat gear and shipped him to Barnes Hospital in Saint Louis, Missouri.

He was isolated at Barnes and the test results came back "negative" but for whatever reason they still held him telling my aunt and uncle he has the flu but they want to make sure. 24 hours after this event they received a call where Barnes Hospital told them he is being discharged for further observation at the request of the CDC. When his parents asked where he was being discharged they replied with a mediocre answer stating "To a facility under a more controlled environment. You will have to contact the CDC for further information." So they did attempt to get into contact with the CDC which was of no avail. They did not pick up the phone.

We have tried contacting him by phone which is off. His parents tried going to Barnes and to get more information but they would not talk. This makes me sick to my stomach because I do not know what they have done with him. His name is [SNIP]. If anyone knows more information about this please send me a message.
edit on 10/25/2014 by kosmicjack because: removed personal info

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Illinois is doing this: Illinois Orders Mandatory Ebola Quarantine For High-Risk

The reason they may still be holding him is that he may yet test positive, for up to 21 days at minimum. You or his parents may want to contact the local health department first...might have a better chance of getting sent the right way from there. If that doesn't work, contact your congressman and the media.

All the best to your cousin. One good thing is if he does have it, he has it early, and the system is not overwhelmed yet.
edit on 10/25/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Wasn't there a recent executive action passed about this?

In before thread vanishes
edit on 25-10-2014 by nukedog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: FerronMelwick

... I understand the worry, but rest assured things will be fine, after all the trouble is in the past. He has to remain isolated, in a clinic or home, for few more days, and that unfortunately in the language of the gov officers means, with minimal or no contact at all, with the outside world. That is what "isolation" tends to carry along. However, they should allow at least some level of communication take place.

Not that the situation would not be discomforting, but atleast he did not have the bug.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Odd that he wouldn't get a message out to his family, isn't it?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Why do i feel like Art Bell here..

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Hope he is doing good, please keep us updated as the situation unfolds.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic
Odd that he wouldn't get a message out to his family, isn't it?

Unacceptable, as this could cause adverse reactions from family
members. I'm referring to anything from heart attacks to automobile
accidents to even more rebellious and violent reactions by loved ones.
I'd go ####en ballistic!

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I'll post a message to Infowars....hopefully that will help. I realize that some people don't care for Alex Jones but he does have alot of good info on his site that can't be found anywhere else. It seems to me he referenced a patient from MO who disappeared. I'll dig up that link and will be back in a minute.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs
Yeah, me too. They clearly need to work some stuff out in the communications area or they're going to be freaking people out all over the place.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

And you turn to ATS for help?

I find it hard to believe that your cousin would not be able to contact his family if not in an incapacited state. Sorry.
edit on 25-10-2014 by HappyThoughts because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Here's a link. It's about disappearing patients in MO but a different hospital was mentioned in the report:

www.infowars.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: HappyThoughts

Hey, for all we know, the OP is probably really, really worried and posting it everywhere.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

One thing is to be on mandatory quarantine, but that doesn't mean been in mandatory silence and without any contact with family members specially parents.

That doesn't sound right, other way to get in contact is with the red cross.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Hate to say it but I believe in action.

And i believe we need a crap load of this to bring about change.

Tired of them treating us worse than monkeys.

edit on Rpm102514v002014u58 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
How come you didn't mention your cousin on the first thread?
Oct 16?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Yes quite possibly, but I remain sceptical. Seems a bit too much to me.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: HappyThoughts
Yeah, understood, but just in case because you never know....

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Yeah I can smell it too.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

So you wrote 6 threads in total and 5 of them about Ebola and now there is actually a case within your family. What are the odds especially since only a handfull of people in the States or even worldwide actually got that #.
edit on 25-10-2014 by HappyThoughts because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join