It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad news just in time for Christmas...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
So here I am in AZ. I am at work last night. I work the graveyard shift at the local Wal-Mart. And during the meeting, we are informed of a small issue.

Apparently, after 15 years of this Wal-Mart being here, suddenly the freight we have accumulated around the docking area has become such a nuisance to make the land owner (this Wal-Mart rents the building from someone) threaten to pull Wal-Marts lease by morning if things weren't drastically changed.

So, being the overnight crew, we have to deal with the mess, and me being on restricted duty because of a broken rib. And to make things even more humorous, no other managers at all are called in to help deal with this potential crisis that would cost just under 400 jobs. Since it's the worthless dept. managers and lazy day shift peoples fault we are in such a position.

So I sit here wondering if I will be going to work tonight, cleaning my shotgun, saying to myself that I am gonna be takin' my paycheck outta someone's hind-end if I do lose my job.

Happy holidays

:w:

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
My condolences as that surely sucks! Here is one for you just so you don't think it is only you.

About 8 of the contractors where I work returned home Friday night to messages on their answering machines stating that their jobs were being terminated at the end of the month. Merry F'ing Christmas!

Luckily it was all some moronic mix-up, but what a nice weekend that must have been with that dread looming over them.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I wonder why arsehole companies do that ? - I've heard so many stories of people being laid off just before Xmas. Do these company CEOs enjoy destroying what for many people is supposed to be the happiest time of the year ?

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The way it was explained to me what that depending if the company took a loss for the year their logic is to make it up by cutting the pay to the employees (aka pink slips). Welcome to corporate America!:shk:

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
companies don't CARE about people.......Profit is their main concern...

Best if you work for yourself, so YOU are the only one who can care about you.

The only other people who really give a #e in your life are your parents... And they want to make sure you succeed...

Wal mart isn't really the place to succeed imo, unless of course you go in with some sort of degree to help climb the latter... but who wants to be a corporate butt hole?? I sure don't like the idea of being bent over...

work for yourself... of course you have to start out small, any place you can go where you can get tips?

my 2

top topics

join