It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home of grave robber historian who dug up 29 girls and dressed them for birthday parties.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: GiulXainx

You cannot celebrate the life of a person, or respect the dead, by digging up their mortal remains from their just repose in the Earth, desecrating their burial plots by removing their bodies, and then dressing them up in crazy outfits. I think the problem here, becomes rather clear if one considers these things from the point of view of the living.

If you were taken from your bed while asleep as a child, deposited in a strange house, dressed in unfamiliar garb, and all of this was done against your will, you would be in therapy for the rest of your days. Given that fact, how can it be that this man was celebrating, or paying respect?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I can remember some cultures in which they did similar things, this link for example. Someone also talked about ancient Egypt. What this man did is certainly not accepted by the culture in which he lives, but at least he didn't kill them, and it seems to me that in the current global culture, killing is more acceptable than what this man did. He makes me think about some kind of shaman in a book I read long ago, in a time when I was reading lots of books, it was certainly dark fantasy. That said, without permission of the family, he shouldn't do that.

Will it be more acceptable if it was a whole family, or a whole country doing it, and if it was their way of celebrating their dead ?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Again.... That is the art of someone who is rather sick. Like I was saying the people who do much more sick # when these people are alive are in a different light.

At least this man isn't doing it to* the living. That is why the law officers saw nothing wrong. There is nothing else this man can be charged for other than desecration of a grave site. And with the article being so vague... was this person taking valuables to pawn shops? Was he making a living off of the corpses? Was this his income? Did he defile the corpses with semen? You can see why police didn't really do much because it is almost like dealing with a panhandler. This is a HUGE grey area for many people.

For example I like to write out fake murder diaries in my spare time. Especially when I get overly angry. Instead of actively going out and killing someone, I write up a bunch of ways I would go about killing. The funny part of my writings is how they started out vague. But became much more detailed as each entry I made revealed more in this fantasy. Completely made up in a world where it started out barren with the focus on the first person I fantasized about killing. I never put a name to the person. Instead I acted it out in my fantasy world on a random person in this made up universe. What first started out in a void slowly became a fake city within my own mind. I very much would love to kill someone some day, but I don't. Almost like the Movie Sin City 2: A dame to kill for, the main character likes looking for an excuse to hurt somebody. That is how I crafted this city within my own mind. However there is no safe zone for the criminals. In my fantasy the police are getting better and better at picking up on clues. So within my own mind I create the diversions. I get more crafty with each kill. I don't make them look like accidents. Instead I take a great deal of making each murder vary vastly from the previous. But this is all fantasy. I don't really share it with the world. I just keep it on my hard drive. Even talking about it in this very thread is dangerous. But I am already seeing a psychiatrist weekly. And he knows what I am up to.

I have been taken downtown by one of the other psychiatrists because she truly believed I was a danger to myself and others. The officer also felt that same vibe about me. But the professional I met with, after sitting alone in a room for 3 hours, discharged me with nothing more than mood disorders.

So let's apply my train of thought to this.

-This man obviously has an odd obsession with the dead.
--Particularly dead children.

-He dresses them up in different clothes and creates a character based on what he thinks would be their lifestyle.
--He continuously wrote out each of his attempts to preserve these bodies.
--Until he crafted a more profound way of keeping that image in their faces, and the overall condition of the body to remain in a state that would never decay.

(Of which even Egyptians would want to learn from this if they still held these values for the ones in the afterlife.)

*He has a new found passion.

-I would bet that he tried talking to families and got responses from them that mirrors everyone's post in here.
--Probably tried to open up a shop for people who would want this for their children.
-->Found out there is no market for it.
---1 Going out to morgues and trying to reach out would have been another option.
---2 Maybe he was hired onto a mortuary at one point and got a little bit too involved with making them out how he saw them.
---2* Found out he received bad reception from the people who wanted them to look like something they wanted, other than the work of art he put together.
(This is usually the case.... As a final farewell family members sometimes want their bodies to be dressed up in a way that they remembered them. They want it to be as close as picture perfect, of how they remember them, as possible. So most of the time the people at the mortuary just follow orders. I would say this is pretty sad... No individuality for the dead.)
---2# Maybe they never hired him on in the first place.
---- Maybe he tried using mannequins at one point but felt that the lifeless expressions they had, along with their picture perfect symmetrical look, just didn't seem authentic enough to him.
---->Almost as if he was searching for a bigger challenge.

So.... because he seems to be evergreen to the idea.... he has to fill it. And did so for several years.

Which is why I hate the article being so closed minded itself without exploring every possible corner.

And the responses I am reading in here just further proves the way of his thinking.

edit on 10252014 by GiulXainx because: Among to To. Second paragraph first sentence.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: gosseyn

Would it be more acceptable if it was a whole family, or a whole country doing it, and if it was their way of celebrating their dead ?

If it were culturally acceptable where they lived, yes.

No matter what it is, if you do something culturally unacceptable on your own that effects other people, you're labeled as being crazy. Maybe what he did is acceptable in other other cultures. If that is the case, he should have moved to one of those cultures in order to find acceptance for this behaviour. If anything makes him crazy, it's the fact that he's smart enough to learn 13 languages, yet dumb enough to not realize his actions would be frowned upon where he lived and did these acts. He really is living in his own little world.

If that happened to one my daughters, I would find a way to make sure he never saw the light of day again. I know it's only a body and a persons spirit lives on, but you can't see a spirit. You don't have memories of a persons spirit. The memories you have of a person are attached to the body of that person. You remember what you see.......their bodies. You remember how they made you feel, and that remembrance has to have substance. It has to have something you can visualize.

For some stranger to come along, steal a body, dress it up in a way that it probably never was when it was alive and use it for his own purpose that may or may not have anything to do with what that dead person ever did while alive, is desecrating the memories that the loved ones have of that person, and that's wrong.

What gives him, or anyone, that right?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DeepImpactX

No... that doesn't fit his profile. He doesn't want to live in a different culture because they are drastically different than what he is used to. He found a way to co exist in an environment he was comfortable in. I am pretty sure he knew in great detail that his art isn't well received in his area. As stated in the article it wasn't until his family came to visit him that this discovery was found. He felt that his own family would have received it better than his neighbors. But.... such is life.... This is why I don't like the general public especially in my own town.

But again.... he kept this a secret from the families. He knows what they would do to him. As each post in here further adds to the fire instead of putting it out. And at the same time... families will never support individuality. Like hiding the hatchet they want to remember them how they remember them, instead of what they actually were. No individual respect for the dead.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: GiulXainx

I very much would love to kill someone some day, but I don't.

This is extremely disturbing as are your opinions of the sick guy who did what he did. What he did was wrong and any parent would be mortified! It is sick and twisted and unacceptable in any way!

edit on 25-10-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Night Star

This is extremely disturbing as are your opinions of the sick guy who did what he did. What he did was wrong and any parent would be mortified! It is sick and twisted and unacceptable in any way!

Glad I'm not the only one that noticed that... Thanks for not making me have to point that out Night Star...

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

LOL It jumped right out at me.

He sounds dangerous and scary to me. Hope he can't find me. LOL

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   

a reply to: Night Star

Glad I'm not the only one that noticed that... Thanks for not making me have to point that out Night Star...

Doesn't make it any different that some people want to see him in a Gulag. It's funny that it is OK to kill a "bad guy." And some people want to be the ones doing the killing. Others just want to witness him being killed. Are you not mad yourselves for wanting to witness the death of something whether it be good or bad? Or all bad? This is what separates the lesser minded from everyone else. If I handed you a gun to kill this man alone would you be more than willing to pull the trigger? How about if I lined you up with 4 other people, gave them guns as well, and told you that one of the bullets is blank in your gun.... Would you pull the trigger then? This is why mind #s exist.

You chose the one line that is actually a paradox, focused on it, and completely shut in your train of thought.

The below is a lie.
The above is the truth.

Just like the person out of the group of five after pulling their triggers. You looked at where you aimed your shot to find out that where you pointed... was exactly where everyone else pointed theirs. Forever tricking yourself in believing that you actually had a real bullet. And that you did not have the blank one.

edit on 10262014 by GiulXainx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I find defense of this person's behavior extremely disturbing. Some should seek serious help to deal with their radically warped thinking.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join