It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 Percent Of American Workers Make Less Than 28,031 Dollars A Year

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Something is not right here:

The Social Security Administration has just released wage statistics for 2013, and the numbers are startling. Last year, 50 percent of all American workers made less than $28,031, and 39 percent of all American workers made less than $20,000. If you worked a full-time job at $10 an hour all year long with two weeks off, you would make $20,000. So the fact that 39 percent of all workers made less than that amount is rather telling.

This is more evidence of the declining quality of the jobs in this country. In many homes in America today, both parents are working multiple jobs in a desperate attempt to make ends meet. Our paychecks are stagnant while the cost of living just continues to soar. And the jobs that are being added to the economy pay a lot less than the jobs lost in the last recession. In fact, it has been estimated that the jobs that have been created since the last recession pay an average of 23 percent less than the jobs that were lost. We are witnessing the slow-motion destruction of the middle class, and very few of our leaders seem to care.

source

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
It would be interesting to know how many of those workers are part time. Also how many are in food service and work on tips.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
It would be interesting to know how many of those workers are part time. Also how many are in food service and work on tips.
I am sure none are part time. Who makes 28K working part time, I'd like to know?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Sounds about right. And some CEOs are at about what...$22,000 a minute? (Was that what I read?)

There is barely any middle class anymore, and those still in it are barely holding on. Any jobs they are bringing back to this country are at far, far lower rates than before...but that was the plan all along by the globalists...to level out that wage worldwide.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4

I am sure none are part time. Who makes 28K working part time, I'd like to know?

Ya think?
This says the average pay of workers. It does not say full time workers. Does this survey have part time workers and food service jobs factored into their numbers or is it just full time jobs?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Sounds about right. And some CEOs are at about what...$22,000 a minute? (Was that what I read?)

Yes

They are worth every penny

Just ask them

edit on 25-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Alaskandad, we both know the real problem is they are all lazy. They need to take responsability for themselves and create successful small businesses.

Oh wait... That's impossible in the US because just renting a location alone will bankrupt your small business and most Americans can't afford the small business cost due to cost of living.

I've been trying to point out the obvious issues here but everyone keeps giving me the "everything is fine" line.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Ya think?
This says the average pay of workers. It does not say full time workers. Does this survey have part time workers and food service jobs factored into their numbers or is it just full time jobs?
IDK believe me i would love to make 28k a year part time or full.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

But thanks to the bureaucratic control freaks in the Obama administration and in our state governments, small business ownership in America today is at an all-time low. It is almost as if they don't want the "little guy" to win. Every avenue of prosperity for the middle class is under assault, and there does not appear to be much hope that this will change any time soon.

They are continuing the erosion of the independent non-dependent Middle Class.

They want full separation.

They want full control of the population at large.

The lower income dependent "Class" is already where they want them.

And it seems many government jobs at all levels are well paying.

Hmmm.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

There's a lot of jobs where I live, they all pay 9$ an hour though. I mean 1000's of jobs. Can't support yourself on it unless you work 60+ hours a week and still scrapping by. A lot of the. Are manufacturing jobs. The funny part is plants now have massive a,punts of temps they never hire so they don't have to pay 401ks and other benefits. They just have a massive rotation of temp people funneling through and they can do it because of the state of the economy.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Cost of living is skyrocketing, my gym dues went up 20$ recently, coffee costs 1$ more and dunkin donuts which happened a month ago, they are gentrifying the area driving up rent costs meanwhile wages in the area are stagnating and actually going down.

Figure that one out.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

If you make under 15 dollars an hour I believe you are screwed because of inflation in the next couple of years. You will not be able to afford food and housing. If your household is under 40,000 a year you will be in the same boat.

100,000 a year used to equal big cars and big houses and a guarantee of success........This is no longer the case. Inflation and lower wages are slowly turning this country inside out.

How long before the bottom wage earners wake up and say enough..........1 year.........2 years......3 at the most me thinks.
edit on 25-10-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

There's a lot of jobs where I live, they all pay 9$ an hour though. I mean 1000's of jobs. Can't support yourself on it unless you work 60+ hours a week and still scrapping by. A lot of the. Are manufacturing jobs. The funny part is plants now have massive a,punts of temps they never hire so they don't have to pay 401ks and other benefits. They just have a massive rotation of temp people funneling through and they can do it because of the state of the economy.
Thats why I am part time homeless, the damn temp agencies got my resume all screwed up from all the short term jobs, and I am still unable to find work here in Saginaw Michigan. Man I need out of here.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Most companies around here are working loads of overtime right now. They don't want to hire new people because they are unsure whats going to happen with the economy.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

If you make under 15 dollars an hour I believe you are screwed because of inflation in the next couple of years. You will not be able to afford food and housing. If your household is under 40,000 a year you will be in the same boat.

100,000 a year used to equal big cars and big houses and a guarantee of success........This is no longer the case. Inflation and lower wages are slowly turning this country inside out.

How long before the bottom wage earners wake up and say enough..........1 year.........2 years......3 at the most me thinks.

100,000 a year means you are rich where I'm from. People think you won the lotto.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

a reply to: onequestion

Most companies around here are working loads of overtime right now. They don't want to hire new people because they are unsure whats going to happen with the economy.

Right, and this is exactly why there are no entry level positions anywhere, you need experience years of it.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Thats why I am part time homeless, the damn temp agencies got my resume all screwed up from all the short term jobs, and I am still unable to find work here in Saginaw Michigan. Man I need out of here.

I'm trying to move to but it's really hard, I don't have money saved so I have to be homeless and I can't do that I. Winter, being homeless makes it 10x harder to find a job.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I hate temp agencies they are one of the major players ruining this country. Come on over to Milwaukee area it is easy to find a 15 dollar an hour job. Downside is cost of living and health care costs. We average on the high end because of all the good paying jobs.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Delete

edit on 25-10-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Many employers cut their full-time positions to part-time positions in order to escape paying for Obamacare. So many people now have two part-time jobs to avoid having to pay for Obamacare.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join