It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The face-to-face encounter that ended the attack on Parliament

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

hahah #ers old school ....atta boy
edit on 25-10-2014 by rockpaperhammock because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

That was quite special mate .

edit on 25-10-2014 by Timely because: sp.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: meomy
a reply to: stirling

The Federal election a full year from now? You have to be kidding.

Yeah, geez, don't you know anything? This was all MK ULTRA staged for election next year. And the moon landings were faked, JFK tried to tell us but got done in, Bush is a reptile and the Queen is going to make us get tattooed barcodes on our foreheads...:

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Can't compare this to a mass shooting in the US, because spree killers here actually shoot people. I've seen tons of CCTV footage of this guy running past people who were easy kills but he didn't pull the trigger. He even carjacks an official vehicle (MoD? forget what the one video said) and no gun-fire is exchanged from either party.

Not knocking Vickers, the dude is a Hero, no question.

But this "gunman" was not the best, (unless he was looking for a particular target?) Even then, running through crowded streets with a rifle, is no way to carry out a single target assassination.

Maybe it's just everyone in Canada (even the gunmen) are polite? rifle with full clip, several easy targets and he only killed 1 person (thankfully) before getting shot up by a 70+ year old doing his best Mel Gibson impersonation? Again props to Vickers, but to compare that Gunman with an American Gunman is like apples and oranges.

American officers and SWAT usually are quicker to fire because the gunman here unfortunately are killing multiple people,while carrying extra clips of ammo and a lot more firepower (most likely multiple weapons, and body armor). Sorry to say if that old man tried that move here in the states...I would wager the outcome might easily ended badly.

The sad thing is Americans are just more experienced in spree killing and mass shootings than Canadians

edit on 25-10-2014 by Nola213 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This may or may not be the official story as it happened. The problem you see, is the inconsistencies the media have vehicled to the public. This is what blocks me from believing the official story that is trying to emotionally attach you. For example, This here is the yearbook picture as was taken by the Montreal Metro newspaper the following day. You can see the light source. Conveniently, the twitter post associated with this picture was removed.

This next one is the yearbook picture (altered? why?) being distributed to media sources to show the public.
Why is that? and who is this man? This is why the rest of the story is hard for me to believe.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Nola213

Without wishing to be anal about it, Sergeant At Arms Vickers is fifty eight years of age, not in his seventies. I cannot tell whether you were exaggerating to emphasise the gravity of what he accomplished, or were simply unaware of his age, hence this post

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
It is a good thing that the terrorist attacked parliament that day or the CSIS bill would have been tabled before they could update to reflect our new concerns about domestic terrorists. Phew!! Now we can add more to the bill to help us track those that fit the profile similar to the Ottawa shooter, like those that read on-line about outrageous conspiracies.

No one should scrutinize the "facts" surrounding this event because it is disrespectful to the heroins and dishonours those that died.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: boncho

Yeah, geez, don't you know anything? This was all MK ULTRA staged for election next year. And the moon landings were faked, JFK tried to tell us but got done in, Bush is a reptile and the Queen is going to make us get tattooed barcodes on our foreheads...:

No. I think they just wanted a stronger CSIS bill that could be written during a week when we are all frightened by the 24/7 "terror in Canada " coverage. All news, all the time.

But hey! We have a hero here so that should keep us from dishonouring him by tolerating outrageous conspiracies.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: hutch622

It's not every day that a person who works in a parliamentary building in a western nation, has to straight up John Woo a fellow to death mere yards from his own office.

ATS quote of the day.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

No. I think they just wanted a stronger CSIS bill that could be written during a week when we are all frightened by the 24/7 "terror in Canada " coverage. All news, all the time.

But hey! We have a hero here so that should keep us from dishonouring him by tolerating outrageous conspiracies.

They had other bills go through without any "terror" in Canada. They also manufactured some really stupid stories too, during times they weren't voting on anything.

If you have information that would suggest to more than meets the eye, by all means, present it, but simply stating that "it's a conspiracy!" for any reason other than facts suggesting as much, you are just a victim of confirmation bias.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Sad to see how this has turned into conspiracy or our gunmen are more deadly than your gunmen .Mr Vickers is a hero at a time when the world really does need heroes .
Oh shame on you people that brought politics here
edit on 26-10-2014 by hutch622 because: shame

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

They had other bills go through without any "terror" in Canada. They also manufactured some really stupid stories too, during times they weren't voting on anything.

If you have information that would suggest to more than meets the eye, by all means, present it, but simply stating that "it's a conspiracy!" for any reason other than facts suggesting as much, you are just a victim of confirmation bias.

I didn't suggest anything. It is just a coincidence.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622
Conspiracy? perhaps.

Until someone explains the changing of the yearbook pictures I posted previously, everything else is orchestrated.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
If this was a "false flag" style "inside job" set up by "agent provocateurs" from Canada's clandestine services, then they did a good job. A lone wingnut with a rifle barges into the parliament buildings, starts shooting at people in the hallway and is quickly taken out by an ex RCMP officer with a pistol he had in his office.

The shooting at the War Memorial might have been something of an improvisation by the shooter. It is not the sort of thing that a mission planner, whose target was the Parliament Building would have approved, in my opinion.

As attacks go, it is very flimsy. Any high school crap disturber could have done a better job of tossing a monkey wrench into the works that day. I should know. I was one (turned the lights off in the gym during a regional badminton tournament) and knew many. As a planned event, it had to have been planned by someone who knows nothing about the tactics of assaulting a public building, or by people who know a lot about such things but wanted to be sure that the assault was ineffectual.

I don't think that this assault was an inside job. The shooting at the War Memorial argues against it, in my opinion.

We still don't know much about the shooter's background. We don't know who his friends were or how he spent his time in the days or weeks leading to the incident.

Of course political hay is going to be made of this. The Prime Minister has already called it "terrorism" and said that it shows that Canada is not immune from "terrorism". That fits the agenda of our joint efforts with our ally to the south. It also gives the PM the ability to commiserate gravely with President Obama when any future "incident" occurs in the United States. The PM has victim credibility now, at a very low (in relative terms only, of course) cost. The Canadian experience now validates the State Department's world view and all is ideologically right with the world.

Thankyou wingnut.

Maybe this was a LIHOP (let it happen on purpose) event. We have been told that warnings of something like this happening were not acted upon. I don't know if that is true.

We have now had three "wingnut" style events. The shootings in Moncton, the vehicular homicide near Montreal and now the Ottawa shooting. It is interesting that the most deadly of the three "wingnuts" (he killed three police officers), the Moncton shooter, was taken alive, while the other two "wingnuts" were terminated immediately.

Listen to this account of the termination of the "wingnut" from Montreal. One of the presenters is incredulous that the perp was shot by police, under the circumstances of his apprehension. (Was she thinking of all those wild police chases on YouTube that end with a whimper rather than a bang?)

Here a witness describes the apprehension of the Moncton shooter:

When you re-listen to her talking, her words seem scripted, but the main point is that the perp was actually arrested rather than killed. Of the three "wingnuts", the Moncton shooter seems least likely to have been connected to provocateurs in the security services. He lived.

Of course it could be that none of these incidents were anything more than impulsive acts committed by loners who lost control of themselves, as people sometimes do. It is odd that so many of these incidents should happen in such a short space of time.

I can't draw any definite conclusions.
edit on 27-10-2014 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-10-2014 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join