It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look, another mass shooting, more people go off on police officers... We're the problem here..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
These issues, the economy, shootings, gun control, gay marriage, it all comes down to one simple concept, how we treat each other. That's the biggest issue we face as a species. We judge, we get revenge, we destroy, war on drugs, war on terrorism, war on this war on that. All of it comes down to us not wanting to accept each others differences, not wanting to accept each other period. It's very animalistic, territorial, egoic to live like this. At this point in the "evolution" of our species we should be looking towards the future with a sense of compassion and community and stop all this petty bickering and bull#.

The way our culture is now, it's going to destroy us and it won't be because of anything other then the simple fact that we all look at each other and all we see are $$$$.

Humanity is losing its humanity.
edit on 10/24/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/24/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Mass shooting? Where?!

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
We need an alien invasion. Hate to say it, but it might do the population of Earth good.

Instead of saying, "I'm American!" or "I'm Russian!" people might put their differences aside and realize we're all citizens of Earth, and HUMANS first and foremost.

Finding microbial alien life won't be enough to bring the world together, we'll have to come together against a common threat to our planet.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3u40r15m
Mass shooting? Where?!

California, 3 police down. Can't link to the thread in on my phone

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
We need an alien invasion. Hate to say it, but it might do the population of Earth good.

Instead of saying, "I'm American!" or "I'm Russian!" people might put their differences aside and realize we're all citizens of Earth, and HUMANS first and foremost.

Finding microbial alien life won't be enough to bring the world together, we'll have to come together against a common threat to our planet.

This is the whole reason I'm not racist, when they come and I feel they will we will need all of us to fight them off!

I'm a earthling and all other humans are as well.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
We need an alien invasion. ..

Russel Casse: Ha-ha-ha! Hello, boys! I'm back!
[His plane explodes, destroying the alien ship]

I doubt that would help as some government would conspire with the aliens for power and help them to destroy their enemies.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Did this happen today ?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

you're right. we're the problem.

edit on 10/24/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Is that you, Reagan's ghost?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Interesting..

How ever, I would suggest that as civilized as we believe we are, in this day and age; there are still people who behave like animals because of lack of self-control. Not everyone can be taught to be a refined English gentleman.

Society is nothing more then a loose-knit set of social-laws that people follow because conditions (economy, ease of which to get food, water, etc.) allows it to be so. If you take those items away, or they become suddenly impossible to get (via loss of job, finances, or via outage from say a electrical station being destroyed via natural disaster or terrorism). People tend to revert to their more basic, animistic behaviors.

Tho, it comes down to the person, their environment, and how they were raised, imo. You would have to basically run an mass-education program to teach people how to treat each other, program them. Then you would have to make it so everyone had what they need, food, water, shelter. Everything would have to be equal.

It's not possible, in this world. The idea of utopia is a pipe-dream. There will always be "issues" that cause people to loose their minds.

The only constant in the Universe is chaos, everything else is subject to change.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
We haven't evolved as much as we'd like to think we have. We Westerners think we are so much more evolved than the folks in the Middle East, or all the radical Muslims. We aren't. We just deal with it differently. Instead of chopping the heads off of our enemies, we shoot them. Same same.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
How does anybody know if "Humanity" hasn't already peaked and is on a downward trend?

Nature works in odd ways.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
How does anybody know if "Humanity" hasn't already peaked and is on a downward trend?

Nature works in odd ways.

I'm actually in agreement with you here.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Things are looking up for authoritarians and wannabes.

The forecast is for metallic hail though.
edit on 24-10-2014 by InverseLookingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I am in total agreement. We have lost our compassion, our sympathy and empathy for each other. Is it greed? Is it that we feel we are superior to others? We are definitely going backwards. We are tearing apart our society. I fear to a point of no return. a reply to: onequestion

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Nah humanity has lost common sense...

I see allot of selfish self centered people, who think they know it all. yet have no idea what the difference is between right and wrong or do not care or are just EVIL.

When I look at the public I see idiots, for the most part sadly, most times I am right about it when I hear them speak out loud...

I have no idea what has happened in the past decade. As far as our governments getting things under control, just look at the ebola crisis, I mean if we handled 911 like we are handling ebola I doubt anymore sky scrapers would be standing...

SO I dunno if I had to blame anything it would be our establishment right now, we no longer focus on our establishment as a society and we have so many lawyers now that are tearing it down...

So their you have it, if you asked me... We have fear feeding ignorance and greed...

It is called being evil.
edit on b272014-10-24T16:27:42-05:00America/Chicago103176 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
These issues, the economy, shootings, gun control, gay marriage, it all comes down to one simple concept, how we treat each other.

I don't think it is so much how we treat one another that is the cause of our problems, but more how we, as individuals, feel treated by others. Jealousy, greed, envy, and hatred are all very personal feelings which one can have for any number of reasons. We could distribute everything equally and I think we'd still have these issues because someone somewhere would "feel" they got shorted somehow.

In my mind, the problem with civilization is more or less perspective. We all have the wrong perspective, albeit, it is our own, and I am no one to say how others should think, but I truly think that is the problem. We are, as a species, incapable (or we find it very difficult) to see any perspective but our own.

Perhaps once we created technology which will enable us to see the perspective of everyone else at any time, we will finally start getting it right? But I have little hope, since such technology will probably be used to control the masses rather than help them - it will simply be a matter of who develops the technology first that will decide which way it goes.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Internet in the palm of your hands and bad news travels at the speed of light and MSM pounds it into you 24 hours a day... the focus is on the bad.... it sure does seem we've gone into the gutter.

Turn off the TV and internet and interact with your family and things don't seem as bad.

I have hope that as time passes and the world gets educated we'll naturally evolve out of the violent tendencies. Thats what I tell myself anyway. :/

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass
a reply to: xuenchen

Things are looking up for authoritarians and wannabes.

The forecast is for metallic hail though.

Which one is happier?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
These issues, the economy, shootings, gun control, gay marriage, it all comes down to one simple concept, how we treat each other. That's the biggest issue we face as a species. We judge, we get revenge, we destroy, war on drugs, war on terrorism, war on this war on that. All of it comes down to us not wanting to accept each others differences, not wanting to accept each other period. It's very animalistic, territorial, egoic to live like this. At this point in the "evolution" of our species we should be looking towards the future with a sense of compassion and community and stop all this petty bickering and bull#.

The way our culture is now, it's going to destroy us and it won't be because of anything other then the simple fact that we all look at each other and all we see are $$$$.

Humanity is losing its humanity.

You sure have changed your tune. Aren't you the guy that wanted us Baby Boomers to die and get out of the way?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 24-10-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join