It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Way cool, ATS! Just making this discovery now

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
More times than I like to admit, I just am not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I discovered something when replying to a post and am wondering if I'm the last ATS member to learn this. I'm sharing this just in case I'm not the only one. It's a one cup of coffee day so be gentle with your bricks and bats.

I replied to a post believing I was doing so immediately after the other one. Normally I will quote what the other poster has said, but in this case I didn't see the need to, so I just replied. That's when I saw that a few other posts had gone up in between. However the name I was replying to was highlighted in my post, so I clicked on it and the post I was replying to showed up just like a preview post would do.

Now that is brilliant, SO. It makes for easier following and tracking conversation within a thread.

OK, I'm about to have my second coffee, so am ready now for the bricks and bats, lol.

edit on 24-10-2014 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface

OK, I'm about to have my second coffee, so am ready now for the bricks and bats, lol.

Cool huh?

*tosses obligatory brick*

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Hello, meet another dull knife. lol I had no idea, but agree that is so smart. I also like the way the reply window floats so that you can scroll up and recheck something while you are replying. SO does such a good job with this site, trying to make the experience as smooth as can be for the user.

No bricks. lol
edit on 24-10-2014 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

I just recently discovered that too.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamschist

(Pssst: Are we the only two? And *shudder to think of it* has this been programmed since the 5.3 was launched?) OMG, forget the coffee, maybe something stronger should be in order.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

That's supposed to be super top secret. Now you're on the whistleblower list.

Don't be surprised if mysterious people with ATS tee shirts start hanging around

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Don't feel so bad. Those items were not part of the 5.3 redesign, and were added about 10 months ago.

Wait… what? You didn't notice that for ten months!!!

Here's the post where I first started showing what was coming.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Aboutface gulps and slinks off looking for a large whetstone, her head tucked deeply into her shoulders... Muttering to herself "And he used three, count 'em three exclamation points."

edit on 24-10-2014 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
LOL, I didn't know this either.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Aboutface gulps and slinks off looking for a large whetstone, her head tucked deeply into her shoulders... Muttering to herself "And he used three, count 'em three exclamation points."

Just be glad he left the Brickgun in the vault, that thing fires 1 brick/ 1.6 seconds. I know it exists, I seen the schematics when I was... *an aide whispers in my ear* ... I mean... nothing, nothing... what Brickgun... Don't be silly that was just Venus shining through some swamp gas that reflected of the ISS because of ball lightning... cover-up...

*laughs nervously*

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Haha. Well welcome to the club! That now makes three of us.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Just noticed it too !
I mean ( throws brick )
I've been using it for about10 months and a day lol

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

You mean a brick gun really exists?

...Ok, I've just padded my tinfoil hat. It's a bit warm though. Sheez, what members have to endure sometimes.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

You mean a brick gun really exists?

...Ok, I've just padded my tinfoil hat. It's a bit warm though. Sheez, what members have to endure sometimes.

What Brickgun? this is the first I'm hearing of any such Brickgun...

*another bout of nervous laughter*

link   
a reply to: Denoli

Nah, nah, step up to the plate, matey, and accept honorary membership in the new Whetstone Club as our 4th founding member. Welcome aboard!

link   
I know it's great but is it ?
It helps me so I don't have to scroll to see what the reply is too !
So it's 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other .
Peace

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

a reply to: Denoli

Nah, nah, step up to the plate, matey, and accept honorary membership in the new Whetstone Club as our 4th founding member. Welcome aboard!

I stepped up had the secret handshake and thought about it . I think I need to refoil my turban ! My eyes the eyes dam snake charming pfft

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I knew there was an easier way to follow replies . Call me a knife and call it blunt. Cheers for that info

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

lol, I accidently stumbled upon it recently too. I was too embarrassed to say anything cause I just figured I was the only one that didn't figure it out from the getgo. Nice to know I wasn't alone!

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I have an excuse, I was gone. lol Doesn't matter, I'd be clueless anyway. Look at it this way, our skills lie elsewhere. The Whetstone Club, I like it!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join