It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illumination

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The moment you start to look for it, it becomes unattainable. The moment you stop, it appears.
Anyone else experience it this way?

It seems to me, you don't go looking for it, it presents itself when it's totally ready.

This doesn't mean be inactive or remiss, it means, follow directives until the next golden opportunity to be aligned with it presents itself.

It certainly doesn't mean just sit back and wait for it to happen.

Agree/disagree?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
You mean Enlightenment?
I totally agree that it is something that cannot be pursued. But maybe 'achieved' in a sense.
I think it is a very personal thing, and it can be a life defining moment, or maybe just a self-discovery, that we are more than just 'me me me'

edit to add:
From experience, the times I have felt more at one with 'the whole' or the times when I had deep insights, have been the few times when I just gave up fighting and just realised myself as 'who I am, right here, right now.'
edit on 24/10/14 by athousandlives because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: athousandlives
You mean Enlightenment?
I totally agree that it is something that cannot be pursued. But maybe 'achieved' in a sense.
I think it is a very personal thing, and it can be a life defining moment, or maybe just a self-discovery, that we are more than just 'me me me'

edit to add:
From experience, the times I have felt more at one with 'the whole' or the times when I had deep insights, have been the few times when I just gave up fighting and just realised myself as 'who I am, right here, right now.'

Yes you could use the word enlightement for sure. Both words are basically reference points, leading in the same direction, right? It is a personal experience for sure, but my experience has taught me that it's not something you should go alone.

I feel like I might've kicked the door open and wandered into something I couldn't quite understand.

Acheived, yes thats a good word to explain the process. I find that it is not limited to one life defining moment, but rather, keeps on redefining it with every new experience.
edit on 24-10-2014 by Looking506 because: too much me me me

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Looking506

Yes, it does keep redefining itself, if you keep that insight in your mind throughout your experience.
It is sometimes easy to lose track of where you are, if you get caught up in your everyday troubles.

but my experience has taught me that it's not something you should go alone.

I''d love to know someone personally to share these newfound experiences, but unfortunately not everyone has the luck to have like minded friend, or acquaintances.
But not that I give too much importance to it, I guess to each it's own path.
I keep hoping though...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
When we're seeking illumination / enlightenment, we are like the centipede that forgets how to walk and falls in the ditch as soon as someone asks him, "how do you do that?" (i.e., coordinate all those legs). When we are just BEING and not trying to be, e.g., being in nature, being in love, being in trance states, etc., that's when the "magic" happens, like synchronicity and "eureka!" moments, which are like stepping stones along the way to illumination.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   

yes i experience it the same.

Thats why its called "eye of a needle"..

There has to be a perfect balance between attachment and detachment.
..Its the zero point.

Staying in the zero point is the hardest thing to do for many because of the resistances and attachments. ....for others its hard because they "go out of the body" and float in a mental or higher dimensional state..

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Nirvana999

This ^. I was trying to think of a way to describe it, but yeah, I call it just going with the flow, rolling with the punches, etc. Sometimes you are trapped in smallness, sometimes you soar in rapture, but so long as you are always being, you're still on the right path (well, the only path really that I know of. ;p)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: kauskau

Sorry, why is it called "eye of the needle"?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

because its a really small space of balance (equilbrium) one must maintain to "get it"..

The state of "IAM"....To focus on the state of IAM purely is one of the hardest things for people. Because they are focusing on "content" as soon as detachment comes in. And "Iam" is not an object of awareness.

edit on 25-10-2014 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

top topics

join