It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spider-woman and the Los Angeles Lizard People.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Or by taking a boat on the ocean, which is clear in the narrative, and landing on an island near L.A. which are numerous ( and mostly army bases?).

The story even goes so far as to mention the california marsh lands which, if the story is from the grand canyon, seems like an oddly specific detail doesn't it?
edit on 25-10-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

I'm pretty sure the "ocean" he's referring to is the gulf of California. You do realize he'd have to canoe all the way around Baja California to get to LA right? There is no way to get to the pacific via the Colorado river.

Edit: just saw your edit. The marsh lands are the Delta, there is a big island in the Delta.

en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on 25-10-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Makes me think of Jim Morrison The Lizard King and the song L.A. Women
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
This is why I love ATS.. Never heard of this before.. Very interesting read, which will now lead me to doing some added research on the subject.

Thanks OP for the share

S&F

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Much thanks! I've been meaning to look more into the L.A. tunnels anyway. Your presentation linking Spider woman brings an added effect.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt
Wow, that was awesome OP, and a super interesting thread,
especially since I grew up in L.A.

Rebel 5

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

You do realize mt Shasta is nowhere near LA right?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Now I'm confused, first you say he couldn't make it and now he couldn't make it around a coastline?

Haven't people been doing that for ages?

More importantly. The narrative never points to L.A....but why would it?

What it does is establish the presence of naga/reptilians in the region, as stories of Mt. Shasta and other things mentioned so far corroborate.

When taken in a different context, and with larger cultural backing, this entire story could be about the Fae. Wearing animal skins to become animals is fairly common, links many more species, and vibes better with the peaceful people portrayed here.

What it does is open a possibility (if only for the purposes of general education and enlightenment) of there being more to the area, and L.A. particularly.

So why hate on a interesting and well researched thread about which you have no obvious interest?

edit on 26-10-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I remember reading a vintage newspaper article about the Lizard People who lived beneath LA... I can not remember where i saw it though, but I also remember it mentioning the Hopi.
I feel like it was something I saw while at my grandparents' farm... wish I could remember

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Lizard people? Impossible! My brother Tobadzistini and i slew them ages ago...

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Fantastic op, loved how you combined the two stories.
Coming back when its not so late and diving deeper into this

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

Thanks and you're welcome, there are as i suggested quite a few levels to this story, in a greater cosmological and historical sense that this is the land were the sun sets should never be overlooked, but it is also the place were the process of rebirth begins, as a snake shedding a skin and developing a new one.

Yes i've looked at cultural similarities between Polynesian culture and some tribes on the West Coast of the Americas found in places such as Nicaragua and Mexico, there is some suggestion also of expansion as far as California so that's an interesting angle to look at further.

Evidence for ancient contact between Easter Island and Ecuador

a reply to: WildCatWilly

All the original articles from the LA Times were in this link

a reply to: Xzorter

Thank you that was very kind, and also to everyone who has expressed interest and appreciation...

edit on Kam1031298vAmerica/ChicagoSunday2631 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Because I do have interest and this poorly links the stories...

That's why.

And I'm not saying he couldn't have canoed around Baja, but that's not what the story says now is it?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Completey out of context but still interesting the Sacramento does run near shasta, it ends in the Sac delta which has islands

Humans have inhabited the Delta for up to 4,300 years.[12] The estimated indigenous population of the Delta at the time of first contact with Europeans was about 3,000–15,000, predominantly Miwok and Maidu,the delta runs through a mountain range, interesting geology.
The Delta was formerly located at the bottom of a large inland sea in the Central Valley, which formed as the uplift of the California Coast Ranges blocked off drainage from the Sierra Nevada to the Pacific. About 560,000 years ago, water breached the mountains, carving out the present-day Carquinez Strait and San Francisco Bay.

Now I have found that all areas in the world named Devil, and like names have interesting or mysterious stories and history.
Mount Diablo is sacred to many California Native American peoples; according to Miwok mythology and Ohlone mythology, it was the point of creation.

Europeans first entered the Delta region in 1772, when Spanish explorer Don Pedro Fages and missionary Juan Crespí observed the Delta from the summit of nearby Mount Diablo.As early as 1806, General Mariano Guadalupe Vallejo reported an encounter with a flying, spectral apparition, while engaged in military operations against the Bolgones band of the Bay Miwok tribe.

Legends and folklore[edit]
Mount Diablo has long been the site of numerous reports pertaining to cryptozoology, hauntings, mysterious lights, and various other Fortean phenomena (it is rumored)
Mount Diablo appears from many angles to be a double pyramid

The conventional view is that the peak derives its name from the 1805 escape of several Chupcan Native Americans from the Spanish in a nearby willow thicket. The natives seemed to disappear, and the Spanish soldiers thus gave the area the name "Monte del Diablo", meaning "thicket of the devil."

www.mdia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Because Mt Diablo was once an undersea volcano it is filed with cave systems

nssmembersforum.proboards.com...
edit on 26-10-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

:slowclap:

Thank you for such a wonderful topic! Love the research, the writing and putting pieces of different puzzles together to form a clear, new picture. I've always been fascinated by Native American myths & legends and this thread provides the goods.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

But the story is very clearly the Colorado river.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Better?
weird us

Southwest back around 3,000 BC. (Arizona’s famous Winslow Crater was said to be Ground Zero of this fiery deluge.)

The Lizard People constructed thirteen subterranean settlements along the Pacific Coast, to shelter the tribe against future disasters. These underground cities housed a thousand families each, along with stockpiles of food. As the story had it, the tribe used a “chemical solution” that melted solid bedrock to bore out the tunnels and rooms of their subsurface shelters.

Along with housing their people in the event of a disaster, the tunnels were also constructed to hold a trove of golden tablets that chronicled the tribe’s history, the origin of humankind, and the story of the world back to creation. Shufelt was particularly interested in these tablets for both pecuniary and archeological reasons.

A Hopi chief named Little Green Leaf told Shufelt that the vanished race’s capital city was located under present-day downtown Los Angeles. In 1933, after surveying the area, Shufelt occupied the Banning property at 518 North Hill Street and sank a 350-shaft straight down, digging for what he said was a “treasure room” directly underneath. Shufelt said that he had located gold in the catacombs below with the aid of his “radio X-ray.”

I also found this..
source

The "Lizard People" of Los Angeles survived the meteor shower, but were killed by natural gas leaking into their bunkers.

Shufelt believed that they had built 13 such underground facilities in different areas for such a purpose. One was located in the eastern section of Arizona in a small town called Springerville and was only discovered recently. Another was located under a hill which was surrounded by a curving ridge of mountains like the middle of a horse's hoof. This is exactly the type of terrain seen in downtown L.A. in the area that is now the Board of Education, which is built over the ruins of the old Willis Estate on top of Fort Moore hill.

edit on 27-10-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-10-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kantzveldt
Somehow Shufelt met with a man named L. Macklin, said to go by the Hopi Indian name of Little Chief Greenleaf. Macklin told Shufelt of a Hopi legend of Lizard People, an advanced race, who built the city beneath Los Angeles to escape surface catastrophes some 5000 years ago.

This buzzes me out big time because I am an L.Macklin haha. I stumbled upon this part of the story on another site awhile back and got a weird fright when I first read L.Macklin.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Another important aspect of the Library symbolism is the Western facade illustrating the principles of Phisphor and Hesper, the occult watchers are quick to shout 'Lucifer' though that was Nebo-Mercury Morning Star and here the concern is with Venus, and as this is the place were the Sun sets primarily associate with the Evening star anyway, though of course they make the case for the inter-connectivity of the two, so sort of East meets West.

LA Library Symbolism

Conceived by Lee Lawrie, the Western facade of the Library is another nod to the Mystery schools. Two human figures are depicted with the names “Phosphor” and “Hesper” underneath them. This apparently minor detail is perhaps the most significant.

Phosphor (or phosphorus) is the Latin word for the planet Venus in the morning, also referred to as the “Morning Star” or the “bringer of light” Hesper (or Vesperus) refers to Venus in the evening, the evening star.

At the top of the wall is the Latin saying “et quasi cursores vitai lampada tradunt”. This is a quote from the Roman poem De Rerum Natura (On the Nature of the Universe) written by Lucretius and can be translated to “And like runners they pass on the torch of life“. The “torch of life” can be equated to the occult Mysteries, the hidden knowledge passed down from generation to generation through secret societies. Between Phosphor and Hesper, we see a cavalier passing the “torch of life”, or occult knowledge, to the next generation and from the East to the West.

The Hopi legend itself could also possibly be reflective of this, Wise Son travels from the East to meet yellow snake with rattle in the far West.

“In the beginning was the word.” (Greek)
“Knowledge extends horizons.” (Latin)
“Nobility carries obligations.” (French)
“Wisdom is in the truth.” (German)
“Beauty is truth – truth beauty.” (English)

Interestingly there's also this thread starting up about lost Mu;

Underwatrer Ruins

a reply to: Leeyum

You should be able to direct us to the Reptilian Labyrinth then...

edit on Kam1031299vAmerica/ChicagoMonday2731 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

I've lived in LA my whole life and have never heard of this. Interesting

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join