It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandatory Quarantine for Ebola Aid Workers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I missed this one...

Six in quarantine in Connecticut as U.S. steps up Ebola checks

Wonder if they'll follow, though CT doesn't have one of the six airports.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Well I do think their organizations should compensate then for quarantining them if they are being paid to go. Also, I think each governing body in charge of a quarantine should be held to certain standards of protocol, information sharing and accommodation for every quarantined person.

And if anyone bitches about that - fine, then quarantine them in Africa and let those nations or the UN pick up the tab.

edit on 10/25/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack
Right on. Or the tab can come out of the monetary contributions we're making otherwise. That's hardly the biggest issue here at this point.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Could be. Could.

NY governor admits Ebola policy could be unenforceable

They're getting to him. Damnit.

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo admitted Saturday that the 21-day Ebola quarantine policy for health care workers returning from West Africa could be unenforceable.

The New York Daily News reported that the Democrat acknowledged that several contingencies had not yet been worked out by officials, including what would happen if someone refused to be quarantined or even where they would spend their time during the watch period.

"Could you have a hostile person who doesn’t want to be quarantined?" Cuomo said during a campaign appearance in the New York City borough of Queens Saturday. "I suppose you could. But that hasn’t been the case yet." The governor added that officials had not determined whether those refusing to be quarantined could face arrest or prosecution, saying "It's nothing that we've discussed, no." When asked by the News where the quarantined people would be held, Cuomo even seemed unclear on that point, saying "Some people could be quarantined in a hospital if they wanted to be."

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Could be. Could.

NY governor admits Ebola policy could be unenforceable

They're getting to him. Damnit.

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo admitted Saturday that the 21-day Ebola quarantine policy for health care workers returning from West Africa could be unenforceable.

The New York Daily News reported that the Democrat acknowledged that several contingencies had not yet been worked out by officials, including what would happen if someone refused to be quarantined or even where they would spend their time during the watch period.

"Could you have a hostile person who doesn’t want to be quarantined?" Cuomo said during a campaign appearance in the New York City borough of Queens Saturday. "I suppose you could. But that hasn’t been the case yet." The governor added that officials had not determined whether those refusing to be quarantined could face arrest or prosecution, saying "It's nothing that we've discussed, no." When asked by the News where the quarantined people would be held, Cuomo even seemed unclear on that point, saying "Some people could be quarantined in a hospital if they wanted to be."

No, no! It cannot be.
Then again, it's a typical day for politicians--easy peasy for tptb to shove their agenda when the loudmouths of MSM do the footwork.
unenforceable...the Democrat ...refused...hostile...campaign appearance ...arrest...prosecution
The article is filled with mental land mines, aimed at voters.

unenforceable...the Democrat ...refused...hostile...campaign appearance ...arrest...prosecution

unenforceable...

edit on 26-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Update:
As health officials react negatively to the mandatory quarantine, Gov. Cuomo defends the decision.

Gov. Cuomo said Sunday the mandatory quarantine for health care workers returning from Ebola-stricken West African nations is legally enforceable — as a top federal public health official slammed the policy. “You can enforce it legally. There's no doubt about that," Cuomo said on correction union head Norman Seabrook's 103.9-FM radio show. Cuomo, in his radio appearance, defended the quarantine.
"I never said it wasn't enforceable,” he said. “It is enforceable. This is an order that's put out by the state, a public health order that's issued by the state health commissioner. And it is enforceable as a matter of law."

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
My uncle is a part of the organization Doctors Without Borders. He's a family physician with 5 kids and wouldn't put his family or patients in danger by going to West Africa.
I have huge respect for these aid workers, but I don't believe that all of them can be trusted to self quarantine.
Even after they start to notice symptoms, I think there's a good chance that they go into denial and try to convince themselves that they don't have the deadly disease.
A common symptom of the dying is denial, and we all know that Ebola is often seen as a death scentance.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Seven states toughening up now?

Listen to Christie in the video. He makes sense.

Why There's So Much Controversy Surrounding Ebola Quarantine Orders

A day after New York doctor Craig Spencer was diagnosed with Ebola after traveling home from treating Ebola patients in West Africa, the governors of New York and New Jersey announced that they would enforce mandatory quarantines for all travelers who had close contact with Ebola-infected people and were arriving from Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone -- the three countries hardest hit by the current epidemic.

Later the same day, IllinoisDepartment of Public Health also announced a mandatory 21-day home quarantine for high-risk individuals who cared for Ebola patients in the same countries.

"This protective measure is too important to be voluntary," Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn said in a statement. "We must take every step necessary to ensure the people of Illinois are protected from potential exposure to the Ebola virus. While we have no confirmed cases of the Ebola virus in Illinois, we will continue to take every safeguard necessary to protect first responders, healthcare workers and the people of Illinois."

Late Sunday night, the governors of New York and New Jersey stressed that they would allow home quarantines with twice-daily monitoring from health officials. New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said mandatory hospital quarantines would only be required of high-risk individuals arriving to New York and New Jersey who are not from either of those states.

Florida, Maine, Maryland and Virginia also announced tougher rules for travelers returning from Ebola-affected regions with the possibility of home quarantine.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join