It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin: USA 'shaped the world' according to its interests

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hellas
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Though the same could be said for Russia.

Oh Really?

When did Russia shape the world according to its interests? When did they fund ISIS, the Taliban, Al-Qaeda etc.? Or bring 'Democracy' to countries rich in oil and other various natural resources?

I see their fear mongering got to you badly.

Just to point out, "democracy" puts the people of the entire country in charge, instead of being a monarchy or oligarchy like russia is at present.

When the people are in charge it sucks way less than when one guy is in charge.

Hence the west and parts of the east being the major economic and military powers of the world.

Free folks work harder and fight harder.......duh!

This should be obvious...?!!!
edit on 2014bFridayv44201410 by oblvion because: (no reason given)

edit on 2014bFridayv45201410 by oblvion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: SLAYER69

Yea, it's VERY pervasive in this thread. It seems anyone who disagrees with the article in the OP must be so patriotic that they piss red, white, and blue.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: oblvion

Come on now.

Russia annexed Crimea fair and square then afterwards had an 'election' to say 'See'

Meanwhile, NATO expanded by Countries volunteering to be part of it while Russia expanded it's territory by rolling in tanks having an election after the fact.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
He's not wrong... he's absolutely telling the truth.
But he's still despicable and is only saying what he's saying for his own purpose and agenda.

As The Dude would say... "You're not wrong Vladimir, you're just an asshole!"
edit on 24/10/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

It's funny how you go on and on about American propaganda in the media but refuse to admit that Russia has its own media propaganda. Go live in Russia if it is so much better over there. Then you and Putin can stand arm and arm and scream about how the US is ruining the world while ignoring the fact that Russia is at the bottom of the barrel in corruption.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Whateve

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

The Referendum In Crimea happened after the Coup in Kiev. It was a request on the part of the people in Crimea to protect "Crimeans" from what happened in Kiev happening to them.

Russia has been there for centuries anyway.

The Black Sea Fleet is considered to have been founded by Prince Potemkin on May 13, 1783, together with its principal base, the city of Sevastopol. Formerly commanded by such legendary admirals as Dmitriy Senyavin and Pavel Nakhimov, it is a fleet of enormous historical and political importance for Russia.

Russian Black Sea Fleet

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

It's funny how you go on and on about American propaganda in the media…

You're right, I expose the propaganda.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
a reply to: oblvion

Come on now.

Russia annexed Crimea fair and square then afterwards had an 'election' to say 'See'

Meanwhile, NATO expanded by Countries volunteering to be part of it while Russia expanded it's territory by rolling in tanks having an election after the fact.

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Russia did it like Saddam, 100% of the voting populous, "see it was unbiased".

Like anyone would rather starve and freeze in Russia, rather than live well in the west, even if your dirt poor.( in the west if your poor and work, the government will give you aid, so you can live well, maybe even have cable and internet.) ( in Russia, even if you work, your poor ( by western standards) and go hungry...etc)

Russia is as full of it as any other nation like china or north Korea. Why are they scared of their people having a voice?(they are first on the list would be my guess)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

Dear Mr. Putin Putin, one day you will be given a chance to take down the two beasts of Babylon. I hope you are strong as you talk.

The age of Imperialism is over.
edit on 24-10-2014 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Apparently not even handed though. I see you ignored my point about Russia being ranked 127th out of 177 in the world corruption index. You know if the United States is ranked 19th in the world and has all the propaganda and half-truths in its media that you claim, wouldn't it then reason that a country ranked 108 places lower than the United States have even MORE propaganda and half-truths in its media? You just appear to not be even handed in your approach to exposing propaganda. You appear to have an ax to grind with the United States, but are giving a free pass to countries that are MUCH worse in propaganda. In other words, substituting one lie for another one.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: intrptr

Apparently not even handed though. I see you ignored my point about Russia being ranked 127th out of 177 in the world corruption index. You know if the United States is ranked 19th in the world and has all the propaganda and half-truths in its media that you claim, wouldn't it then reason that a country ranked 108 places lower than the United States have even MORE propaganda and half-truths in its media? You just appear to not be even handed in your approach to exposing propaganda. You appear to have an ax to grind with the United States, but are giving a free pass to countries that are MUCH worse in propaganda. In other words, substituting one lie for another one.

Very well stated!!!

Star for you!!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

What the hell kind of claim does that make?

If that's all you've got then Crimea could just as easily belong to the Scythians, Greeks, Goths, Huns, Bulgars, Kazhars, Kipchaks, Turks and Mongols, and was part of the Roman and Byzantine empires before it became part of the Russian empire.
edit on 24-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Perhaps. But there is no denying that Russia had violated the sovereignty of Ukraine in protecting its own interests in Crimea. Hell, if the evidence of Russian activity elsewhere in the state is anything to go by, then Russia is still violating international law in the breaching of Ukraine's borders.
edit on 24-10-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I listened to the whole thing but have to admit ,my mind did wonder at times and I probably missed some critical points .I give him a A+ for a 3 hour talk .It was not a speech using a teleprompter but was Q&A to some real concerns .He was frank and never became diplomatic in his rhetoric but responded with genuine emotions imo . Great to listen to someone of his caliper ,and would vote for him in a heart beat ...peace S&F a reply to: Hellas

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

What the hell kind of claim does that make?

If that's all you've got then Crimea could just as easily belong to the Scythians, Greeks, Goths, Huns, Bulgars, Kazhars, Kipchaks, Turks and Mongols, and was part of the Roman and Byzantine empires before it became part of the Russian empire.

Ssshhusshh!!!

History only matters if it supports his views....gosh...thought that was obvious!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
You must have missed that part of his talk because he did answer someone and he mentioned the electoral college . a reply to: Krazysh0t

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
All things being equal at least Putin has loyalty to his country instead of the bankers like Obama.
I'm very glad to hear Putin lay out a different path and challenge the NWO and their shenanigans.
In this world we need frank and honest dealings with other countries - the US has been practicing foreign policy by deception and lying to it's people about how and why. How can other nations deal with the US when we are the neighborhood cheat and bully?
We've created far more tension in the world than necessary.
Our imperious attitude is winning enemies left and right.
Maybe Putin can force the West to deal a bit more honestly.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I think Intrptr is exposing propaganda to advance his own interests. US and Russia, same coin different sides. They invaded Georgia, Ukraine, and Afghanistan. When they had the juice they used it, when they can bully they still do. The Union crumbled and now I'm supposed to believe they are clean as a whistle and the future saviors of the world? Please spare us. Find a new white horse cause Russia is covered in soot. Don't look to China either between the heavy hand of government, censorship, turn a blind eye corruption. Hell this site wouldn't even exist.

The U.S. is no picnic either but its still more progressive in the rights of its citizens. The big squeeze is coming but it isn't here yet.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
"he will be known by his fruits"

Had no nation bent on conquest entered the land of (arab conflict), 'american/westerner/soviet' --->except to trade commodities/aristotle taught equality, not world domination.

isis,taliban,bogeyman, whoever rises against in anger is the fruit of conquests folly.

merika interests support the dollar, not the people.

end hate start love reciprocate

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join