It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historic quantum software is run for the first time

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

I was going to do a thread on it but there is too little information to make any sensible point except to say there are many question marks around whether these people actually exist.

I've spent an in-ordinate amount of time researching the whole scenario and if I was betting I would say 1 of the 3 below choices as a likely origin:

1: Joint collaboration project by a number of state sponsored organisations.

2: The cypherpunk community as a whole ( including Finney and Zimmerman) covering up for it's lead David Chaum ( the only "real" person in my opinion who has the form, ability and loyalty in cypherpunk user base)

3: A Learning/Quantum/AI type computer that excels in designing software (and the accompanying strategic principle) that is meant to entrap unwitting parties who believe in electronic free lunches ( free email, free encryption, free TOR, free anonymisation etc etc) as part of its funtional delivery of a "dossier society" where everyone is automatically surveilled.

(In terms of actually mining bitcoin there is a conceptual argument as to whether a quantum computer would just spike the hashing difficulty-therefore negating any benefits- this only applies to legitimate bitcoin mining though- a Quantum computer might break other bits of the system facilitating illigitimate bitcoin mining...it's like a big game of Chess - (Chess could probably be solved by a quantum computer BTW)-..Human brains can only see MOST of the possibilities not ALL of the possibilities in a defined system).

I get the feeling Finnney, Chaum, Zimmerman are the good guys so wouldnt KNOWINGLY collaborate on anything nefarious but until I see one iota of evidence that Szabo or Dai are real human beings with friends and families- I wouldnt rule out options 1 or 3 ..expecially since Dai and Szabo seemed to be on EXACTLY the same page as the NSA in terms of their cognisance of possible applications.

(Paper from 96).

groups.csail.mit.edu...

edit on 28-10-2014 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join