It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Between two worlds, no it's not easy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
So I'm one of those people who lives in between worlds. Some of you will understand what I'm talking about. I am in constant battle. I have a natural affinity for esotericism, and occult, shamanism like ideology. I think very deep, in fact to deep for day to day interactions. It's very socially isolating. I fight myself between wanting financial security, wanting to feel comfortable and secure and wanting to live on faith and synchronicity and for passion.

It's a very intense battle. On one hand I want to be the change I seek in the world by not buying into modern materialism, debt, our social constructs"culture". But on the other hand I'm tired of not knowing what's coming next. I want a decent machinist job working on a factory learning about 3d printing, or I want to be an organic farmer, or I want to be a shaman roaming around healing traumatized minds.

It's a hard road to travel, something that co es to mind is Ezekiel from the bible. Now I'm not a bible thumper or even a Christian, but some of the wisdom in the book of Ezekiel I can relate to. In his times they would have called it the mantle of the prophet. Trust me I don't think I'm a prophet I, just relating to an idea. I feel like living in both worlds is relatable to the mantle of the prophet in that it's a heavy burden, but also a blessing. It's not easy..

Anyway let's discuss. I'm not here to valid anything but to discuss with like minds, to read the wisdom of older people like me and generally talk about philosophy.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Cool.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I feel ya.Im going to come back to this post tomorrow and share my thoughts but just wanna say now that i feel ya.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flowfessional
I feel ya.Im going to come back to this post tomorrow and share my thoughts but just wanna say now that i feel ya.

Can't wait!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I think we compartmentalize this journey because we live in a materialist society which has taught us it is abnormal. It is natural. Almost every human being that exists undergoes these spiritual impulses, and even if for some reason they are simply psychological, which I don't believe, they are part of our human psychology, and just because they offend the modern sensibilities doesn't mean we should try to divide our lives along these lines.

You don't have to do something inherently spiritual for your daily life in order to be spiritual. Don't let anyone else's judgments prevent you from blooming where you are. You have the talents you need to call forth an oasis in front of you that will sustain you for your entire life. Don't apologize for that; however you decide to create it is your business.

The rest of us are all going through our own journeys and sometimes without intending it, we might injure someone else with our own psychodrama. I know I have done that myself. I witness the effects of it firsthand everyday, and I am deeply sorry for that. Unfortunately, you can almost become like a Buddhist scared to move unless you might accidentally squish a beetle. I can't live that way, but I can say that I know you are among the living and whatever you choose to do when you are ready to do it will be absolutely luminescent and life affirming. At least I believe that, and it is a belief I am not afraid to have.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
What to do will come to you. Be patient a little longer.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Food for thought.

We are right were we are supposed to be.

We do what we have to and the rest will sort it self out.

The birds are fed so don't worry, you are more important than them.

We're not always sure which direction to take. Not going down the wrong road eventually leads to the right one.

Life is life long, be patient.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Your right the big thing I have been practicing lately is faith. Not in a religious context but faith in the system and myself. Like if something changes instead of acting and stressing I just let it happen and think, "there is something better waiting for you"

And then I just don't do anything. It's better then what I used to do, which is get stressed out and make changes.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Food for thought.

We are right were we are supposed to be.

We do what we have to and the rest will sort it self out.

The birds are fed so don't worry, you are more important than them.

We're not always sure which direction to take. Not going down the wrong road eventually leads to the right one.

Life is life long, be patient.

I get what your saying, my response to lady could probably work for you too.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Look at some Zen ideas... If you are to be a machinist, then be a good machinist, do it well.

A “battle” is exactly what you don't want.

Be a spiritual person and treat everyone and everything as that.

But don't “fight” anything, like to be a person people “see” as spiritual or “see” as the best machinist. If no one notices – all the better.

If you can live in peace this way – you will draw others like you who will not so much “notice” you as they will “feel” the way you are. As this happens your path becomes clearer... and happier, very apart from the world you physically function in.

Good Luck and peace....

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Spirituality, to me, means getting rid of my carnal nature; purifying body and mind. Ive realized that this is impossible while living in the "system." So, for me, there is no living in between 2 worlds. Im either in or out. My lust for women made this clear to me years ago.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

It's better then what I used to do, which is get stressed out and make changes.

Hard to do that waiting thing. The world expects us to be prompt with our decisions, get moving, make haste, don't dally.

Never set well with me. That pushing our will around like a bull dozer.

What I discovered over a lifetime is that people who are supposed to be "of the world" are allowed to be successful, earn a lot of money and own a lot of stuff. They garner prestige for that from their fellow successful colleagues who admire that kind of lifestyle. The world rewards them for embellishing what they have been taught from an early age.

The rest of us aren't allowed to go that road. Something derails our ambition, pulls up our plans and scatters our worldliness to the wind. We are in conflict about our "failure", we want to be accepted, have nice things, be a part of. But the still inward voice calls us to it, calls us away from the noise and clutter of ambition and success.

We slowly learn over time to accept not being on top, not being caught up in the race. To be still and know all that is not the path to true fulfillment.

The greedy, wealthy and power hungry have their reward. Ours is fleeting and scoffed at by the "norm".

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
When we die we will fully realize our spiritual nature so believe the quest is to merge the worlds rather than keeping them separate. When buying things I always ask myself now, if its use is practical or am I trying appease my egoism or five senses. If it has practical use then I don't see it as harming my spiritual aspirations.

As for work, you could do both, 3D printing and healing traumatized minds, it doesn't matter.

You may think deeply and still have normal everyday relationships. Instead of confronting people with too much reality learn to plant seeds so they think the new thought they have is their own.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a topic i feel for deeply....

a mentor recently told me "what does it matter"?...."write your dreams and visions down"

faith is a word you used...it's necessary.. i love myself i trust myself i accept myself ......i love others i trust others i accept others.

i am trusting in the Way,the process, and the universe, and god, my angels and guides, that i am in alignment with my chosen paths of many incarnations, and they bring me only what i am ready to handle.

the hard part for me is telling people about dreams,visions, healing experiences, psychic information, manifestations come true, and them having that "yeah right" expression.....until they hear others verify what i tell them, or they feel the energy.

now i realize none of it matters....two people can share the same moment and still have two completely different realities.........me being true to me, and natures law/gods law..is very peaceful, for me and others....i m trying to just stay aligned with spirit.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I tend to think everything we do can be a spiritual act. Washing the dishes can be a prayer, and have deeper meaning for you. Every person you cross during the day, you can have a meaningful and spiritual exchange with. That doesn't mean they will see it as such too, but we are each on our own path.

You can heal others without them knowing you had an influence in it. You can effect the world around you, the environment, without anyone knowing you did so.

You can invest energy into the materials you work with, that might influence the others that manipulate them later- without anyone knowing.

Spirituality is a personal thing- no one needs to recognize you as a shaman to be one.

In some jobs, I became a supportive counselor for many people- when I had a small shop, I had people who would come in daily to share their personal struggles with me (some would come there instead of going to the bar across the street). When they had major crises, if they came in crying, I'd take them into my office to listen to them. My job had a meaningful facet to it.

At the moment, I am working as a cook in a hospital.... anyone could say that is not a very "spiritual" activity. Except I'll let you in on a secret- I noticed at home that cooking for my family had benefits for those who ate it depending upon my state of mind and emotion while I prepared it.... so I put that experience into the preparation of food for the sick or injured people I cook for! This has great meaning and importance for me.

My own spirituality isn't something "away" from this world, but involves engaging in it totally, heart and soul!

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Your post is perfect! You have hit the nail on the perverbial head!

Everything we do, we can do with the intention of bringin healing energies into this world afflicted with so much pain. It may very well be the reason we chose to incarnate here in the first place.

I would like to salute you for you service to those around you! I found your words to resonate with me in a strong way, I have always enjoyed viewing my interactions with those around me as a sacred experience due to the fact that I am quite literally interacting with a manifestation of the divine. Even if they are currently playing out the negative aspects of the duality we are experiencing!

Prayer is a strong ally, combined with faith it is unstoppable!

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
It's funny what some people find valuable.

I was just thinking along these lines the other day. Since starting a new job I don't have half as much time to hunt for priceless treasure.

Even though I am earning and I actually like my job, I slightly feel as if I'm being robbed or cheated.

edit on 24-10-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Ah yes. A lovely post.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Given God is Love.

Their can exist a realm where what we define commonly as subjective is what takes up space.

Conversely, what we today relate to as objective in such a realm, is what is subjective, in such a perspective.

Any thoughts?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I have a comfortable home and a secure job, I do not really need anything more materially.

When it comes to personal development, I am always working on myself, always thinking and finding new ways to approach reality.

I am building myself into something worthy of my own expectations.

The key is to never give in, if something really matters to you, then you will pursue it to the end.
edit on 25-10-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join