It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me Find it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Many years ago I watched a great animated movie, sorta Heavy Metal (1981). The story goes thru a few generations and different kinds of music. In one part there was this american soldier in WW2 who found a piano and played it, a nazi let him finish the song and killed. In other part of the movie was a group that looked like J. Airplane and psycodelic stuff.

Somebody here must know what movie I'm talking about, so help me ATSers please?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I think it's Ralph Bakshi American pop.

Trailer for the 1981 Ralph Bakshi ground breaking animated film American Pop. The State Of The Art In Living Animation. "American Pop" is the animated story of a very talented and troubled family starting with 19th century Russia and moving through several generations of musicians. The film covers American music from the pre-jazz age through soul, '50s rock, drug-laden psychadelia, and punk, finally ending with the onset of new wave in the early 1980s. All those years, all those dreams, all those sons... one of them is going to be a star.

edit on 10/23/14 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Your description sounds like it could be "American Pop". A very interesting film by Ralph Bakshi. His style is very distinct and he might be best known for his version of Lord of the Rings, one of my favorite versions. Another one most might recognize might be Wizards from 1977.

Love it

Penny

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

Wow, thank you so much. You nailed it.

Great movie, isn't it?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Proob you are fast.

I love his style and the use of live actors who are then drawn over, especially in his Lord of the Rings, added a sinister and less "cartoony" feel.

Penny

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: pennylemon

I saw that version of Lord of the Rings too and I agree with you.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Wow, thank you so much. You nailed it.

Great movie, isn't it?
Yes it is a very good movie. Also check out these.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Now that people are looking, can someone find an animated video from the late 1970's/1980's
that showed evolution done to some classical music.

It was a really good video.
Started as slime from a pool and then evolved as it went forward. Then dinosaurs popped up and this thing evolved into a monkey and kept going until it overran the dinosaurs and well, you get the picture. I cannot for the life of me remember what the name of it was.

It was done to some famous classical music, but I can't remember what the name of that was either, but if someone can find it with the description I gave...that would be AWESOME, cause I spent weeks trying to find it but never did.
It used to be a showtime short I think.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
Now that people are looking, can someone find an animated video from the late 1970's/1980's
that showed evolution done to some classical music.

It was a really good video.
Started as slime from a pool and then evolved as it went forward. Then dinosaurs popped up and this thing evolved into a monkey and kept going until it overran the dinosaurs and well, you get the picture. I cannot for the life of me remember what the name of it was.

It was done to some famous classical music, but I can't remember what the name of that was either, but if someone can find it with the description I gave...that would be AWESOME, cause I spent weeks trying to find it but never did.
It used to be a showtime short I think.
Do you mean this?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Heres some more…

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Nope, that's not it,
pretty cool though!

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I found it!

Guess it pays to walk away and try again later...lol

This video was a heavy influence on my own artwork growing up.

edit on 26-10-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join