It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctors without Borders (MSF) are not stupid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
There is an ongoing thread about another possible Ebola incident in NY involving a doctor that has been working with Doctors without Borders in West Africa.

It boggles the mind that highly intelligent people who seemingly care about the well being of people would come back to the U.S. and proceed to carelessly flit about our cities as if they had been merely treating people with colds. Is there an agenda being implemented? Remember, the UN is pushing their post 2015 Millennial Development Goals.

I have long suspected that this Ebola epidemic is being used as the "crisis" to implement the UN's push for a Global Health Tax. I'm not necessarily saying this is a bad thing. I just don't like populations being manipulated for someone's agenda. I don't like lies and deceit being perpetrated on us to accomplish some global goal that is going to create a huge money pot for corruption.

I don't like "the ends justify the means" mentality.

Is a Global Bail Out for Health Needed

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I do find it astounding that MSF is working so diligently and dedicatedly to quell the outbreak in Africa and yet are not quarantining their own returning workers as a precaution.
I think some have self-quarantined and that's about it.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Maybe they're doing the quarantine somewhere over there for 21 days before getting on a plane.

Has anyone from doctors without borders actually said that they do not quarantine themselves..........on any continent?

Sorry, I haven't really been paying attention to this subject too much aside from forming the opinion that the CDC are bumbling fools and this Doctors Without Borders organization should be the one's calling the shots. They're the ones with first-hand, real-time knowledge about this, while the CDC seems to be forming their plans of action from a generic manual in Georgia.

The same part of the country where this happened.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Doctors Without Diplomas....

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a buddy of mine has been with this organization for quite some time, he's been in and out of the ebola zone and has kept me informed regarding his opinion. it's far far worse than we imagine.
yea, i know, liberal pbs, but this front line episode features my friend and will give those interested a view of the actual
battle being waged in africa, which will be moving elsewhere.

frontline/ ebola

it is over a month old now, so basically figure it is now multiple times worse than depicted by frontline.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The vid is not available in my area....how about a small encapsulated version..?...in 30 words or less....heheheh

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
it just shows what is going on, for instance, the docs and people from the w.h.o. would go into small villages looking
looking for sick, dressed in hazmat suits, and everyone would run, even hide those who are ill.
then they go back, lesser dressed, mask etc.......would find sick people yet had to keep their distance.
what surprised me most was the 'hospital', kinda' pathetic really, i seriously hope they've expanded and have more staffing then when it was aired.

sorry, that is really brief and doesn't say much.

edit on 23-10-2014 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

My mom, an ER nurse while I grew up, a teacher of the medical field now, has always told me that nurses and doctors are some of the unhealthiest people out there. Just because doctors should know better doesn't mean they apply that knowledge to themselves. If they did, all nurses and doctors and health professionals would be the most fit individuals on the planet, but they're not. Hell, most of them don't even exercise, but instead rely on medication to "maintain health."

Your conundrum also exists with attorneys--your logic would dictate that none should ever break the law, but alas, we all know that's not the truth.

I think humans--especially the more intelligent of the world--have a superiority complex, thinking that the worst stuff will never happen to them because they're just too smart. Well, in thinking that way, they seem to fail to take even the most basic precautions in life, and that's going the be the undoing of many an intelligent person.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Posted this in the NY thread but it might fit here too.

From what I'm reading, Craig Spencer, this doctor, was in Guinea for a month. And he went with his fiance (not sure about that part)?

[Source CNN]

It seems to me that the guideline for MSF Doctors Without Borders is a bit longer. But maybe that is just the commitment and they are not always deployed? Or can come and go at will?

Availability for a minimum of 9 to 12 months
With the exception of surgeons, anesthesiologists, nurse anesthetists, and ob-gyns who may be accepted for shorter assignments of 6 weeks to 3 months
Because of the degree of responsibility MSF aid workers are expected to assume, the time needed to acclimatize to a project and context, and the need for continuity among field staff for the benefit of both our locally hired staff and patients, MSF requires a 9 to 12 month time commitment for most profiles. Due to the nature of their workload while in the field, a shorter time commitment is required of surgeons, anesthesiologists, nurse anesthetists, and ob-gyns. [Source MSF Site]

Or maybe they are so strapped they are making exceptions, but to me it seems as if this is a pretty short ramp-up time.

Also, I believe it is now 17 doctors from MSF who have ebola. I think I remember reading last week it was 16.

ETA: NY Doctor Craig Spencer Followed Proper Protocols After Returning From Ebola-Stricken West Africa

Neither MSF or federal, state, or city public health officials require that medical professionals caring for Ebola-infected patients completely isolate themselves upon returning home. Instead, they require the following:

1. Check temperature two times per day
2. Finish regular course of malaria prophylaxis (malaria symptoms can mimic Ebola symptoms)
3. Be aware of relevant symptoms, such as fever
4. Stay within four hours of a hospital with isolation facilities
5. Immediately contact the MSF-USA office if any relevant symptoms develop

These guidelines are the same as those used by the CDC for anyone returning from Ebola-affected countries in West Africa.

Maybe it's time these protocols were revisted?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Posted this in the NY thread but it might fit here too.

From what I'm reading, Craig Spencer, this doctor, was in Guinea for a month. And he went with his fiance (not sure about that part)?

[Source CNN]

It seems to me that the guideline for MSF Doctors Without Borders is a bit longer. But maybe that is just the commitment and they are not always deployed? Or can come and go at will?

Availability for a minimum of 9 to 12 months
With the exception of surgeons, anesthesiologists, nurse anesthetists, and ob-gyns who may be accepted for shorter assignments of 6 weeks to 3 months
Because of the degree of responsibility MSF aid workers are expected to assume, the time needed to acclimatize to a project and context, and the need for continuity among field staff for the benefit of both our locally hired staff and patients, MSF requires a 9 to 12 month time commitment for most profiles. Due to the nature of their workload while in the field, a shorter time commitment is required of surgeons, anesthesiologists, nurse anesthetists, and ob-gyns. [Source MSF Site]

Or maybe they are so strapped they are making exceptions, but to me it seems as if this is a pretty short ramp-up time.

Also, I believe it is now 17 doctors from MSF who have ebola. I think I remember reading last week it was 16.

ETA: NY Doctor Craig Spencer Followed Proper Protocols After Returning From Ebola-Stricken West Africa

Neither MSF or federal, state, or city public health officials require that medical professionals caring for Ebola-infected patients completely isolate themselves upon returning home. Instead, they require the following:

1. Check temperature two times per day
2. Finish regular course of malaria prophylaxis (malaria symptoms can mimic Ebola symptoms)
3. Be aware of relevant symptoms, such as fever
4. Stay within four hours of a hospital with isolation facilities
5. Immediately contact the MSF-USA office if any relevant symptoms develop

These guidelines are the same as those used by the CDC for anyone returning from Ebola-affected countries in West Africa.

Maybe it's time these protocols were revisted?

Watching the news today a nurse returned to Newark from Doctors without Borders and was immediately quarantined because Christie and Cuomo are done playing with this "self-quarantine" crap. It's obvious we can't trust the human nature to stay inside for 21 days. Look at Doctor Idiot and Dr. Snyderman. (Their examples.) Apparently Doctors without Borders is PISSED over this and so are doctors working for them. The doctors are now whining that they won't go back to Africa if they have to go under a mandatory quarantine when they come home. *Wah, wah, wah*

Look, personally we've had 3 out of 4 people break quarantine, that we know of. I say mandatory quarantine is a great call. This is not only to ensure the health of people in the state, but also to ensure their health. They see this as ME, ME, ME!!! (Me? TO BAD!!)

top topics

join