It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astounding moment: The US Army flex the might against ISIS by unleashing devastating Airstrike... Ag

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Astounding moment: The US Army flex the might against ISIS by unleashing a devastating Airstrike... Against a Flag!!

This is an article i read on Daily mail and it was difficult to take in..

Yes you read correctly...

A tactical devastaing airstike... against one singular flag...

Blitzing the black flag of ISIS: Extraordinary moment massive US airstrike obliterated jihadis' emblem flying on hill above Kobane (while a lone sentry stands his ground)

So thats where all the tax dollars are going.

The Islamic State's black jihadist flag has been obliterated in a devastating airstrike by American forces on a Kobane hillside controlled by the militant group.

Is this not a little bit overkill folks?

Have a look and see what you think. lol

Daily Mail Article

Source- DailyMail

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Bit of a relief, the U.S usualy kills a lot more of their allies during bombing raids so a flag its really here nor there I guess. Well apart from the lone sentry of course. Feel bad for that guy.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I guess America didn't want Muhammad Scott Key writing a song about the flag still flying. It blew up real good though.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: the2010apprentice

If it wasn't an ISIS fighter I'd be impressed with him standing his ground.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo
Bit of a relief, the U.S usualy kills a lot more of their allies during bombing raids so a flag its really here nor there I guess. Well apart from the lone sentry of course. Feel bad for that guy.

I see it playing out in my head. "Right Hassan you guard the colours today"............

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
>>
A tactical devastaing airstike... against one singular flag...on a hill above Kobane
>>

Is so stupid not. It's called psychological warfare. There are worse ways to waste money.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

a reply to: the2010apprentice
A tactical devastaing airstike... against one singular flag...

they specialize in False FLag

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo

How many tax dollars, school lunches, medicare plans, shelters, etc paid for the shells to destroy a flag for viewing pleasure/propoganda?

Must have been an armed flag.

So wrong.

Peace

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
OOH RA Mutha#as!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I wonder whats instore next?... Maybe it will be an even more bold move than before...

Like.....*2 Flags at the same time*

Duh..Duh..Duhhhh

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

Exactly.

It's symbolic, much like the raising of the Stars and Stripes on Iwo Jima. Oh, it's only a flag though, isn't it....

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I'll call it male cow feces. There just happened to be a camera on the flag at the time of the blast. The shock-wave from the blast didn't knock the guy down (at that range it should have killed him from concussion). No effect on him from shrapnel. Like I said BS.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Either that or the sequences of photos were taken in such rapid succession that it gave the illusion of him standing his ground meanwhile they didn't post the surely captured images his body crumple to the dirt immediately afterwards.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
"ISIS" is being used as merely target practice and maneuver practicing. Oh, and also to get the Assad regime out and as a boogeyman to ensure that the US war machine has a reason to keep fighting in a bogus "war on terror".

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Whatever you say man

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

Maybe. But won't they just put another flag up.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
hey,
where is this kobane place?

In Syria?

Kurdish fighters are engaged in fierce gun battles with Islamic State (IS) in the Syrian border town of Kobane, as US-led coalition air strikes continue.

So the US is leading a coalition and dropping bombs in order to 'save' Syria?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Compare pics 1 and 2.

In pic 2 can you see the guy on the rights head like in pic 1?

I can't,unless maybe its than roundish blob further right.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
All makes perfect sense to me:
Couple of GBU-12 @ $25000 a time, plus aircraft fuel etc. All has to be replaced (...oh, did we tell you that we 'improved' on the last batch, so they're a little more expensive now?...).

The only winners in any armed conflict are those who sell the weapons and infrastructure to the combatants.
Remember the volleys of cruise missiles going off the ships? $1.3Million a piece (replacements for $1.6Million). Dozens of them.
Shame all the munitions makers aren't non-profit organizations without lobbyists.

What do you do when your inventory is getting a little long in the tooth and you need to upgrade? Use it all up in some way that nobody will question.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
It's basically the equivalent of the US saying…no you do not control this area it is still contested. Serves 2 purposes one being the demoralization of the enemy and the other is letting those who are against them in the region know that they're not completely alone. While I personally think the message is better sent by sending CAG…or any amount of other specialized teams in to slit their throats in their sleep and burn the flag and pole to the ground for all to watch…least I think that would have a more psychological effect but hey maybe they were busying doing something more productive.
edit on 23-10-2014 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join