It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urine smells like disinfectant/medicine when sick.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
First of all, I never take medicines, nor food supplements even if I'm sick.

But when I'm sick with colds or flu for example, my urine would smell like a household disinfectant or like going inside a pharmaceutical store. The odor isn't bad at all... ...If you don't know it's urine, you'd thought someone cleaned the bathroom with an anti-bacterial liquid solution.

The smell is different from the liquid solution used to disinfect large passenger aircraft (that familiar smell inside a jet airliner...)

I recover from diseases very quickly though. I get completely healed of colds or flu within one day, max. Has to do with my "medicine-smelling urine" when I'm sick??

Or is it possibly sign of something wrong?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I don't know about smell during colds but diabetes makes it smell fruit like due to ketones produced, so it could very well be an indication of something.

What causes abnormal urine odor? 5 possible conditions
edit on 23-10-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

I'm astonished at myself for clicking on this thread.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I think that means your ammonia/nitrogen content is higher when you are sick. Drink more fluids is my suggestion.
edit on 23-10-2014 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

You sure that being sick isn't altering your sense of smell and that your urine hasn't really changed?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

I agree with drinking more fluids. Also maybe the body flushes more toxins out of the body while ill so you're smelling a higher concentration of them?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Wow. You must have a boring life that you make an effort to smell your own urine. Any other kinky stuff you want to share with us?

The last thing I would ever think of is smelling my urine when I'm sick.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Not so weird.

I have a knack of being able to tell when children are about ready to be ill. Their breath smells strongly of medicine to me. I know then that within 24 hours they will be ill (cold/flu type). I've had the knack for years.
I think it has to do with antibodies forming and my nose being able to pick up the body fighting the beginnings of the illness.

It is possible that your urine would have an odor like this, after all urine excretes waste. Dead and dying cells are in urine.

Dogs have been trained to smell illness's and to identify certain illness by smelling people.

You don't have to have your nose in urine to smell it, you can smell your urine without even bending over. Think of when you eat asparagus, whew! If the OP has the receptors to pick up the illness odor, it is quite possible to smell it while going.

Those who think it is weird have never had this experience.

edit on 3Thu, 23 Oct 2014 15:13:30 -0500pm102310pmk234 by grandmakdw because: add

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit

You sure that being sick isn't altering your sense of smell and that your urine hasn't really changed?

Just to note, my husband said his urine smelled strange lately and actually it was because I had added discs of cleaner in the tank so if he drank coffee or some such it seemed to mix with the cleaner and give off an odor. Scared him lol!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spruce

Wow. You must have a boring life that you make an effort to smell your own urine. Any other kinky stuff you want to share with us?

But you clearly enjoy reading about others experiences who do...snif snif..

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I've had blue urine before. I actually screamed!!

Your body is a huge chemical machine. You should seek medical attention.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
I've had blue urine before. I actually screamed!!

Your body is a huge chemical machine. You should seek medical attention.

Your kidneys were breaking bad.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

I thought there might be more to the story. Is that weird? No.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

It was those duirex pills. Next time I'll totally be staying puffy!!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I can tell when I'm going to get sick by the smell of my breath- a sickly sweet scent. After a few hours, I can even feel it moving through my body, like some creepy crawly is massaging my muscles and tickling my blood vessels. Nasty.

I've never attempted to smell someones' breath to see if they're getting sick- I can't afford to be ill!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hushabye
I can tell when I'm going to get sick by the smell of my breath- a sickly sweet scent. After a few hours, I can even feel it moving through my body, like some creepy crawly is massaging my muscles and tickling my blood vessels. Nasty.

I've never attempted to smell someones' breath to see if they're getting sick- I can't afford to be ill!

As a mother, I'd smell it when cuddling my kids, now that I'm a grandmother I've smelled it cuddling my grandkids.

Just a hazard of caring for small children.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

originally posted by: Hushabye

As a mother, I'd smell it when cuddling my kids, now that I'm a grandmother I've smelled it cuddling my grandkids.

Just a hazard of caring for small children.

edit on 23-10-2014 by EyeEye because: Messed it up first time...

Totally agree...Could Be Either yet I experience the Same. Not a Grandma yet, Mind You...Only started to notice this the last couple of years so Tx to the OP for bringing this to Light; Not Something I have discussed with my friends and Family. Yet...:roll
edit on 23-10-2014 by EyeEye because: Can't seem to Post Properly

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

I thought there might be more to the story. Is that weird? No.

No but to me deciding to post and being rude in doing so seems really weird.
Rude imo

Wow. You must have a boring life that you make an effort to smell your own urine.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
what about your sweat smell.
Changed your diet, eating a particular thing in large amounts consistently that you dont normally.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
I have a knack of being able to tell when children are about ready to be ill. Their breath smells strongly of medicine to me. I know then that within 24 hours they will be ill (cold/flu type). I've had the knack for years.
I think it has to do with antibodies forming and my nose being able to pick up the body fighting the beginnings of the illness.....

....You don't have to have your nose in urine to smell it, you can smell your urine without even bending over. Think of when you eat asparagus, whew! If the OP has the receptors to pick up the illness odor, it is quite possible to smell it while going.

Yes, I smell it when I'm going without bending over. The urine is a lot more yellow than usual.

Sometimes, my breath has a strong smell of bleach or ozone but it doesn't seem connected to the urine or getting sick.

Drinking a lot of water takes away the color a bit but not the smell. When I'm fully healed of any illness, the next day usually, the smell is gone too. It doesn't happen for more than 6 hours.

I also get the same smell when I'm suffering from food poisoning and more often, it doesn't result to a diarrhea, just a painful tummy that is usually gone after a few hours.

Nowadays, I only get mild symptoms of colds or coughs of flu. It never goes to a full blown illness so I can still drive (when I had a car) and go to work and it is completely gone the next day.

I'm completely off the hook from the Pharmaceutical industry for three years now it's funny to think that my body has adapted to making it's own medicine, haha!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join