It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

happy people disgust me

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: introspectionist
I don't think you people understand. You are most likely neurotypicals, i.e. you are not all that different from those shallow people having a smooth ride that I just described. If you have a good relationship to your parents, have at least one good friend, and at the age of 30 has had at least one partner then the answer is yes.

So it's safe to say that you probably don't have any of the criteria that you listed, hence making a post that sounds like someone just took a nice, long, piss in your Cheerios.

I know it's a rant, but just here me out dude:

# can always be worse. If those three are all that you have to worry about, YOU TOO, are better off than most.

Hell, the fact that you have internet access alone is one thing to be happy about for starters.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: introspectionist

I say this as someone who has the odd day where the smiles of the carefree are as nails down a blackboard to my soul...

Suffering is a damned good educator, but despite that, I think anyone who has been through significant mental trauma at any time in their life, would say that suffering is to be avoided if at all possible. That some people have been fortunate enough to avoid it, or strong enough to overcome it to the point where they can smile a genuine smile into the universe, is a VICTORY for the afflicted, not a slap in their face!

I think however, that sometimes we all feel like that. When your relationship collapses, and all you see for the next four hours is couples, holding hands, walking their kids and their dog, or just sitting together at a cafe, laughing and smiling, that is horrible. We all know it.

But, that should pass with time, as the wounds heal. If you are experiencing prolonged bouts of this disgust, without factors in your life fuelling the feeling, then perhaps you ought to seek some sort of counselling for that? See, I have been broken over the rack of life a few times, and I have a VAST capacity for rage and loathing, but if I started feeling like you do, without a causative factor in my own life, I would be asking for a referral to a psychologist from my doctor faster than a slasher runs through a year book!

Ya know, I've seen a lot of your posts on here during my short stay so far and I gotta say this:

I like your style TrueBrit.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

Every day I see them. They make up a vast majority of people. People that aren't suffering much. Everywhere happy shallow people. So meaningless. They disgust me.

OMG..you are so deep and brooding and troubled and intense.
That's better. Not so happy there.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I don't think you people understand. You are most likely neurotypicals, i.e. you are not all that different from those shallow people having a smooth ride that I just described. If you have a good relationship to your parents, have at least one good friend, and at the age of 30 has had at least one partner then the answer is yes.

haha I'm happy but I just lost my girlfriend of 4.5 years, my job, and my apartment. I do not talk to my parents who split up when I was like 16.

I'm very much not shallow.

But I'm also happy.

Call it enlightenment.

Oh and cry me a river too. haha

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

Every day I see them. They make up a vast majority of people. People that aren't suffering much. Everywhere happy shallow people. So meaningless. They disgust me.

OMG..you are so deep and brooding and troubled and intense.
That's better. Not so happy there.

I know you're catching lots of flak for your post but, honestly, just tune it out. When I took an ethics class, we actually had a pretty long discussion about what is happiness (how very philosophical, eh?). The end takeaway was this--nobody is really happy 24/7. Content--absolutely but not happy 24/7. Unless they are on drugs. Or insane. Or a combination of both.

That said, there's going to be times where you just look out at the world and think "wth is wrong with you people?". The thing to remember at these times is the above paragraph--not everybody really is happy 24/7 (except for the insane and on drugs people) no matter what they say or reveal. That lady smiling happily and acting as if the world is her oyster? God knows she's got some worry nibbling at the back of her mind. Most people do. It's just that most people, when they are feeling down, don't drag themselves out of the house that day or put on a happy face to lie to the world.

What I do when I find my nose twitching because if I see one more person that seems to not have a care in the world, I remind myself of the above. Then I start listing out the things that I've got going for ME. My life sucks right now in a pretty fearsome way but at the same time, I've got an amazing beloved who rocks my world on a daily basis and two pretty freaking awesome kids. So while I'm unfortunate in some ways, I'm still content overall. Helps with the twitchy nose a lot.

Now mind you, all you "happy" people--I'm not disavowing your sense of happiness but refining what it actually is--contentment.

PS. If all the above still doesn't make you feel a wee bit better about things, just remember something silly that is better. My personal fave is not going to the grocery store and seeing Paula Deen's face on a bunch of mags. YAY!
edit on 23/10/14 by WhiteAlice because: added ps

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

Call it enlightenment.

Oh and cry me a river too. haha
how enlightened of you
edit on 401031Thu, 23 Oct 2014 14:40:37 -0500201437pAmerica/Chicago2014-10-23T14:40:37-05:0031 by introspectionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Assumptions can be a tricky thing..

Regardless, your response is under your control, don't give up that power to others. Sometimes what is actually beneficial to us is rejected due to current bias and programming. Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.

Our state of mind is a habit based on choice, even if the stimulus is beyond our control. Its even better to rise beyond unconscious reaction regardless if it is outright acceptance, or outright rejection. Neither one is particularly beneficial.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psychonautics

In other words, normal people.
yup, that's the ones I'm talking about

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

We all have had rough times to any number of degree.

We all have fallen.

But it's not the fall that a person is judged by.

It's the way he picks himself back up that a person should be judged.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Ha! Emo kid

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

happy people disgust me

they're not happy, they're laughing at you.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
my mother is always happy. I don't think anyone disgusts me like she does. my sister is also always happy. happy sluts both of them. I was the only one with any sense in my family.
edit on 571031Thu, 23 Oct 2014 14:57:40 -0500201440pAmerica/Chicago2014-10-23T14:57:40-05:0031 by introspectionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I'm not great with the advice.
Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?

edit on 23-10-2014 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

how enlightened of you

Have a sense of humor, oh troubled one.

I'm messing with you cause I've seen your whiny posts before.

Least you're not taking care of a 98 year old woman who has no clue who you are while #ting all over the place.

Smile bud.

Happiness is not a symptom of your condition.
It's rather a choice you make.

Oh and I think most people are dumb too, but why should that bother me..?
It's all rather funny if you think about it.

Hurtling through space at millions and millions of Mph trapped on a rock with people not smart enough to get out of their own way for all eternity.. Haha that makes me smile too.
edit on 23-10-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Yeah, they are probably just faking it. I'm kidding but, not really.

Although, it's very possible to be happy without being shallow ya know?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

my mother is always happy. I don't think anyone disgusts me like she does. my sister is also always happy. happy sluts both of them. I was the only one with any sense in my family.

You seem very disturbed. Who the f### thinks of their mom and sister as "sluts"?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Well, perhaps you should have elaborated a little more in your OP as to what exactly the criteria was that truly ticked you off.

Sheesh man, go meditate or take a walk or something. We all have bad days sometimes. It's about perspective...plain and simple.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Dang dude! You just called you mom and sis sluts!

Hey, maybe they are, I don't know but wow!

My mom died when I was 15 and me my sister and brother went to foster care. My sister and I later on took guardianship of our little brother.

Yeah, good times!

I honestly hope you find some happiness of your own. I really do.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

I could use a word that rhymes with punt that aptly describes my mother. No, I'm not kidding either.

It happens. Just saying that not all parents are great.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

You seem very disturbed. Who the f### thinks of their mom and sister as "sluts"?

I know right!? And two people starred that post!????????

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join