It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“I’ll Come To Your Place When SHTF” – No You Won’t

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Survival.

We talk about it - alot. Some of us even plan for it. Some of us think we will - but don’t.

Here’s an interesting point of view from one who has to those who have not.

And a direct quote from the website: Please Spread The Word And Share This Post

Dear Friend: I love my friends, but I will shoot you if I have to. I’m serious. Here’s why.

I tried to persuade you to prepare for what’s coming and, in the process, revealed that to you that I’m preparing. You realized that I have food, guns, etc., and ended up saying, half kidding but half serious, “I’ll come to your place when SHTF.”

No you won’t. I will shoot you. If you threaten me and my family, I will use force to defend against any threat. And showing up at my place hungry and unprepared is a threat to me. You will eat my food and use up my medical supplies, generator, firewood, etc. That’s less of these life-saving things for me and my family. That’s a threat.

Is this greed on my part? No. I will take care of the truly needy – those who cannot take care of themselves. But you are different. Very different. You had plenty of chances to prepare for yourself.

But what did you do? You spent the weekends watching football, went on expensive vacations, and never made your spouse mad at you with your “crazy” ideas that something bad was happening. You didn’t do # because… you would just come to my place. Problem solved, right? You didn’t need to spend time, money, and create domestic strife because I did that all for you.

Not. Why should I spend my time, money, and stress just so you can waltz into my place and live happily ever after? I’m a nice guy, but – really? – I’m going to spend my (very limited) free time, disposable income, and domestic tranquility just so you can have a leisurely life and more material comforts pre-Collapse while I don’t?

Why do you think I will sacrifice enormous amounts of my time and money so you can enjoy yourself while I’m slaving away? Would you assume you could come over and leave your broken car at my house? That I would just spend thousands of dollars on parts and several weekends fixing it and then hand it over to you with a smile – just because I’m a “good guy”? Would anyone expect that?

You do, apparently. You actually expect to waltz over to my cabin and receive – with a smile – thousands of dollars of food and other supplies that took me all my weekends to acquire and store.

So, my grasshopper friend (as in the story of the grasshopper and the ant), here is your official warning: if your “plan” for your and your family’s safety is to come to my place, you’re wrong. When you show up, I’ll ask you to leave. When you don’t, I’ll point a gun in your face. If you refuse to leave, I will shoot you. You are a threat to me.

You had years of time and very clear warnings to get ready. But you didn’t. Hey, I love football but haven’t been able to watch a game in a few years; I’ve been fixing up the cabin, buying supplies, and training with the Team. I spent a lot of money doing all these things so I haven’t gone on a long vacation in… forever. I have had several difficult times with my wife because of all the prepping I’m doing; I could have easily done what you did, which is just say “Yes, dear” and not prepare because she didn’t want you to.

I hope this message jolted you. There’s still some time. Go prep. Please understand that your plan cannot be “I’ll come to your place.” I don’t want to shoot you.

Find more here

Interesting and eye opening if not ‘jolting’ and - ironically - something more to just - talk about.

peace

edit on 23-10-2014 by silo13 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Here's something a lot of preppers/survivalists don't think of:

They spend thousands to build/bury bunkers, and laboriously gather many years' worth of food and water. Then I started reading about preppers/survivalists, with far-away bunkers/supplies, arriving to find them torn open and looted.

HINT: The U.S. has spy satellites now that can read license plates, and use filters to see thru forest canopies, and/or thermal imaging to see people working in one spot in wilderness areas. While I agree with this "my family first" letter, consider this: When the SHTF, the "shadow government" will know where all of your bunkers are located. And you may see a tank roll up that will make mincemeat of your $10,000-security-door.

Just something to think about ...

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I love this thread, star for you! What a great eye opener for some. I whole heartedly agree with this letter, and I have had friends who say this exact thing, which joking or not is met with a quick scoff by myself. I tell some this crap all the time, I guess some will never learn?

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

For all anybody knows if it was a real SHTF scenario the people making up the so called 'Shadow Government' will be in the same boat as the rest of us.

Not every SHTF scenario will conceivably work out in the 'Shadow Governments' favor.

Something for yourself to think about...

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

This guy almost sounds like he WANTS something to happen just so he can neener-neener at his 'friends'. Whether it would actually come down to that or not, we won't know until it happens. But in the meantime, why be such a smug jerk about it?

"I will shoot you". Seriously. What the hell is wrong with people?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

The ant and the grasshopper.

Some things just are never learned.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Interesting thinking...

OTOH those looking for help could be used for labor and if they prove trustworthy even for security.

Does one lone wolf survive an attack from a pack?

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The OP makes good points but didn't seem to address others. Lets pretend I am the OP's friend and I know that he/she has many supplies that could help my family. The same convictions from the OP to protect his/family are mine as well, only I am not as prepared. I will admit that but I would not expect my family to die from my lack of preparation so.... I'm coming for your *snip* well aware that you are going to protect it.

Word to the wise... never tell your friends about your preparations because they will be as quick to shoot you to take it as you will be to protect it.

Edit to add: if your going to brag to friends about your preparations unless you are helping them with theirs. It will not end well.
edit on 23-10-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
sounds a bit harsh but I get it. I would hope that people would be a little more discerning and compassionate. Not everyone would be a threat and in the long haul we're all going to need a little help and work together.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

Yeah, sometimes when reality needs be said - it doesn't sound so happy crappy.

Honestly, I don't get the vibe this guy wants to shoot anybody - if I did I wouldn't have posted his hate. What I do believe is he wants - right now - to use his words as weapons - to 'jolt' others into preparing so they're not left out in the cold.

As he said - he would take care of those who really need to be taken care of - just not the ne'er-do-well.

peace

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I know many people have a lot of money to spare but for me and mine thats not the case these days. So I have prepared simply by gaining the essentials and knowledge which is worth it's weight in gold. My shtf plan might be kinda light but I can feed my family of 6 for 1-2 months on supplies on hand and have enough hunting supplies to last quite the long time. Among many scavenged supplies and parts for generating power and day to day life, we would be ok. These days I might not be the most fit on the block but where I can excel is in the mind, and logic is 99% of survival in my book. I say bring it, I will miss my smokes and coffee though...

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Actually I find that stupid unless your friend is a lazy deadbeat.

Fact is there is survival in numbers.

Sure you shot your friends and the week after a big gang comes along and kills you and your family and takes your stash anyway.

What I have done is form a pack with my close friends to group together if SHTF

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

You said:

Word to the wise... never tell your friends about your preparations because they will be as quick to shoot you to take as you will be to protect it.

Laughing my butt off - THIS - is what I wanted to hear! Thank you!

I mean - yeah - the guy has a great point - but now he’s told the world he's ready??? Well of course he’s living in an undisclosed location and actually all truth be told he kept his ‘preparing’ even from his wife (which is a bit sketchy in itself) - but understandable. Yet still!

That being said too - there’s a NSA or Fed rule that has to do with ‘hoarding’ and food/water/health supplies. If you have more than two weeks worth for you and your family? They 'by law' can commandeer it for the masses. Think about it - So basically what we’re doing is all stockpiling for the government and giving them a right to take it aalllll and shoot/FEMA camp us all in the process.

Dang I have to find that article I read about hoarding so I can back this up with a URL!!!

peace

edit on 23-10-2014 by silo13 because: forgot the quote

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: gunshooter
I love this thread, star for you! What a great eye opener for some. I whole heartedly agree with this letter, and I have had friends who say this exact thing, which joking or not is met with a quick scoff by myself. I tell some this crap all the time, I guess some will never learn?

And me and my large group of friends come along out number you 10-1 and kill you and take your stuff.

Dont matter how many guns you got or if your freaking rambo 1 against 10 or 20 =dead.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad

Interesting thinking...

OTOH those looking for help could be used for labor and if they prove trustworthy even for security.

Does one lone wolf survive an attack from a pack?

Exactly

Survival in numbers. 1 man or 1 family wont survive long even if they have a stockpile of weapons they are still easy pickings for a group.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: gunshooter

And me and my large group of friends come along out number you 10-1 and kill you and take your stuff.

Dont matter how many guns you got or if your freaking rambo 1 against 10 or 20 =dead.

From your years of posting on here I know your intelligent and actually I'd say pretty damn intelligent. But there are to many variables to make that claim for the average person or group. I can think of many different ways 1 or 2 people could take down a large group from multiple angles easily. But point taken.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Welllllll, not really.

More people, more food, more recourses used, more left behind to trail, (possible) compounded peer pressure stupidity, greater potential for internal fighting especially under stress... I get what you’re saying but don't necessarily agree.

Point being - we have to all do what suits us. If you want/need a 'group' scenario when the PHTF? Go for it. Maybe you have more children to care for or the elderly, etc. Do what works for you.

Me? I want a small tight knit group with BRAINS and more brains. No matter how many guns or people you have - you got brains - and a little luck - you win.

Of course I say that just after watching Sergeant York and a VERY GOOD MOVIE = Enemy at the Gates.

peace

edit on 23-10-2014 by silo13 because: bold

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Everyone here has a great point. Everyone should prepare for SHTF, be it a natural disaster or government caused disaster, a disaster is a disaster.

But prepare in secret, hide your prep from even family members. If everyone prepares for themselves and family members, then when the extended family combines resources they are set for a very very long time. But telling others about your prep or keeping the items where anyone, even family can see it is a mistake. You can cause a family member not to prep for themselves if they see yours.

Always, keep secret anything you have done to prepare for disaster, from as many people as possible, and even from those you trust implicitly - because those will be the people who won't prepare and rely on you and raid your supplies.

Reading what others have written has changed my mind about prep and sharing prep with others.
It should be the most private thing one is doing.
And people should appear to others as if they think prepping is a waste of time and that you aren't doing it. Thanks for opening my eyes to this guys!

I see now that letting anyone know of your prepping is an open invitation to being killed and your family killed for the prep you have done.

edit on 12Thu, 23 Oct 2014 12:03:04 -0500pm102310pmk234 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: jaynkeel

Ok there are exceptions a ex army sniper with latest gear in a fortified position ect. But it is no certain thing still and will always be a close thing. Chances are still better as a group.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

Me? I want a small tight knit group with BRAINS and more brains. No matter how many guns or people you have - you got brains - and a little luck - you win.

Well thats the thing most my group are pretty brainy with a whole selection of skills from construction, engineering, agriculture to medical.

Id rather be with that group than on my lonesome with 200 stockpiled M-16 and 2 years worth or MRE rations.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join