It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America under (digital) Attack?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Has anyone noticed how much Youtube is down lately?
And my girlfriend says that Facebook is becoming a pain lately too.

These are 2 of the biggest sites on the internet.

Would this be caused by an outside attack from a USA unfriendly nation?
There are websites that track internet attacks...

Digital Attack Map
Look at all the attacks going into the States...

With all the downtime on the 2 sites i mentioned, are the hackers winning?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
i wouldn't go that far...yet.
They are probably implementing something to better spy on us...or some new feature everyone will cry about until a month later everyone learns how to use it and shuts up about it.
or maybe it was jennifer lawrence, she unleashed a pack of wild lawyers to get those naked pictures off the internet, maybe it's them

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Most major internet based businesses are American based so its hardly surprising that they'll be the targets and don't consider it so much of an attack on America from external sources as a lot of the machines used will be riddled with malware and other crap and are just dumb machines obeying the commands of someone who could be anywhere in the world and might even be in the next house to you

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I'd put my money on the US government and a handful of large corporations that are negatively effected by these social media sites doing this. It could also be some other government that has very good hackers working for them. I doubt if it is China, they want us to talk about good deals on products they sell so they can keep us buying. I doubt if Russia would be doing this either, they know the regular American people who use these sites are not much of a threat to them. Now, the Russians may attack the government sites, look at the Obama Care site though, the Russians know our government doesn't need help screwing up it's government sites. So who does that leave? Private corporations all over the world that are negatively impacted by what these sites are saying. But it is better if they hire trolls that discredit things using misapplied evidence.

So this kind of means, it is either our own government or just flaws in the programs that these social media sites are using. Upgrading their systems can result in new flaws erupting that were not thought of. Computer technology is expanding too fast, faster than they should. Much of this is in the software developed to show ads and to record our information so they can sell advertising to the right people.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
It's the ultimate trophy for black hats, that's why.
Governments wouldn't risk taking down a big site without notifying said business first, they pay too much tax and get too much personal information out of them.

top topics

join