It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's smartest dog. Wow

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Just saw this on my friend's fb and had to post it. Being the dog lover I am. Jumpy the dog has got to get himself an agent. Quick summary, dog pretty much knows English. Watch the video cause no summary will do it justice. You'll say wow too.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
Just saw this on my friend's fb and had to post it. Being the dog lover I am. Jumpy the dog has got to get himself an agent. Quick summary, dog pretty much knows English. Watch the video cause no summary will do it justice. You'll say wow too.

that has to be the best dog in the world. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
That is is a living creature not a toy, it will likely have hip problems about halfway thu its natural life and will require surgery. Dogs are intelligent but not so much as they know when they're keepers are just taking p## out of them.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
You see a lot of these 'click-bait' types of videos posted on FB and the like so I wasn't expecting much, but wow! That was very impressive and hat's off to Jumpy and the owner/trainer!

I remember being amazed at a skateboarding dog on a halfpipe I frequented when I was younger, but this little guy is something else

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: countingdown

Well from the dogs body language you can tell he is enjoying himself and not doing something he doesn't want to do so I can't see any major problem with this

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

This dog makes my dog look like she's mentally challenged. She's not the brightest dog, but she makes us laugh. This dog must have once been a human and is now reincarnated as a dog.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: constant_thought

I agree about the dog enjoying itself but it wont enjoy the pain when its hips are ruined from being taught to mis-use its hind legs

www.dog-health-guide.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">http...://www.dog-health-guide.org/doghipproblem.html

"The investigation of a dog hip problem usually involves tests for a genetic condition called hip dysplasia (CHD), which is the abnormal functioning of the hips, and osteoarthritis. A veterinarian will do a physical examination which includes watching how your dog walks. Hip dysplasia in dogs is common in large breeds, but can be seen in smaller breeds such as Boxers

Its a miserable life for a dog (or any animal) that cannot ask for pain relief

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
This owner/dog has more videos than this one. I have seen one that I watched at least 20 times, I was so amazed at what he could do!! I used to have it saved but can't find it now.

This breed of dog is extremely smart as well.

S&F for the share and I agree with another poster.... This dog makes mine look like he should be on disability, but we all love him more than most people we know, anyway.

Animals are amazing!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
he could easily replace a few of my co workers...

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: countingdown
That is is a living creature not a toy, it will likely have hip problems about halfway thu its natural life and will require surgery. Dogs are intelligent but not so much as they know when they're keepers are just taking p## out of them.

Hello,

I appreciate your concern and to a degree you do have a point. However, with owning many working sheep dogs here on our farm they get to half way through their natural life and are to " worn out " to keep up the place. They are then replaced with younger ones. The older ones become family pets for our family and are very healthy indeed.

Being working dogs they suffer all kinds of challenges, being kicked by sheep/cows etc, jumping barbed wire fences, and working in extreme conditions.

But they love it.

My point? They are happy at what they do, as is the smart dog in the OP.

Better a dog dying a happy life than dieing a long unhappy life.

That was such a treat to watch OP, thank you. My dogs are smart in terms of sheep/cattle herding, obey voice and whistle commands. Though, not as smart as this guy, and he just loves it.....look at him

Many thanks for sharing.

Spiro

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

And thats why Dogs are superior to cats. LOL

Damn I cant even imagine how many hours this guys spent with that dog. I have it hard enough trying to teach a dog the basic stuff. I cant even imagine how hard this was. Thats awesome though!

Nice.
edit on 10 23 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

S+F for this Totally Positive Thread!
That me Smile the whole way through!
What an amazing Dog!!
Thanx for the Share!!! Syx.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
These are smart dogs and he's very well-trained, obviously. Excellent video!

originally posted by: FlySolo
Quick summary, dog pretty much knows English.

I will bet you dollars to donuts that he's not responding to the verbal cues so much as hand signals and other body language. If you watch carefully, some of his behaviors don't really "fit" with the verbal cues. Nevertheless, he's very cool and has a great trainer.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: countingdown
a reply to: constant_thought

I agree about the dog enjoying itself but it wont enjoy the pain when its hips are ruined from being taught to mis-use its hind legs

www.dog-health-guide.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">http...://www.dog-health-guide.org/doghipproblem.html

"The investigation of a dog hip problem usually involves tests for a genetic condition called hip dysplasia (CHD), which is the abnormal functioning of the hips, and osteoarthritis. A veterinarian will do a physical examination which includes watching how your dog walks. Hip dysplasia in dogs is common in large breeds, but can be seen in smaller breeds such as Boxers

Its a miserable life for a dog (or any animal) that cannot ask for pain relief
That is not how hip dysplasia is assessed. It can only be effectively done by x-ray and utilizing a special x-ray machine at that. The vet looks at how the femoral head engages the acetabulum - ball and socket joint of the hip. Future issues with dysplasia can be determined in advance by x-ray and not by a vet looking at how a dog walks or even by manipulation of the joint. That would just be an "educated guess" by the vet.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Yeah man, only way to train dogs to this degree is through hand gestures or body language ques combined with verbal commands.

To them its all noise except specific sounds like clicking, shhing, or snapping. Words we think are being understood are just being heard for specific noises they can hear clearly and they then repeat learned actions upon those prompts. SIT, is "SSSSS"...law down is "OOOOWWWNN",.....ect.

Hand gestures help them distinguish between similar sounds like "sit" and "stay" which sound similar to them.....
edit on 10 23 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Agreed. I speak English to my dogs all the time and they respond, but it's because they know maybe one word in a sentence and/or they read my body language and actions and pick it up from there. They're SO sensitive to body language because that IS their language.

I've done the experiment a few times of not speaking to them AT ALL during an entire day. I take them out, to the vet, for walks and never say a word and they act exactly the same as if I was running my mouth all day. LOL

Just a word on hip dysplasia. My dogs parents were tested (x-rays) and graded for their hips. Dysplasia is mostly hereditary but sometimes environmentally caused. Usually, the environmental part is when they're puppies (under 2 years). You don't want your puppy to run or jump too hard because if their formative hips are damaged, dysplasia can result.

If a dog doesn't have hip dysplasia by two years old, he's probably not going to "get it" from doing tricks like this. If his hips were painful, he would balk at doing it. This dog seems very spry and happy to do the exercises, so I wouldn't worry about dysplasia.

edit on 10/23/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I would play verbals games with my dog like 'do....you....want... (ears prick up and head tilts)...to...go...for....a...WALK?

Loved that game. Always built up some anticipation before a car ride or a walk.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Greetings my good ole friend,

I just knew you would be in here defending the canine and so rightly so. Your posts resonate with me [as before] and I applaud your intelligence and indeed loving and caring attitude towards our dogs.

Cheers man, be safe be well

Spiro

edit on 23-10-2014 by Spiro because: someone pinched my dictionary

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

And this is another reason I keep asking for the Animals/Pets Forum!

First politely:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And then a rant:

But still nothing.

Be a great addition to it tho.

Thanks

Jude11

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

And this is another reason I keep asking for the Animals/Pets Forum!

First politely:

And then a rant:

But still nothing.

Be a great addition to it tho.

Thanks

Jude11

Te he, lets start a petition

Spiro

new topics

top topics