It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you realize what you're missing when you watch Fox News/CNN, etc?? RE:Soldier killed in Ottawa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Canadian news broadcaster Rex Murphy gave a speech during his program which was eloquently put, describing the events in the Canadian capitol city, where a ceremonial soldier who stands guard at the war memorial was mercilessly cut down with gunfire.

Some other news outlets choose to describe the events as terror attack, and they very well may be best described as such, if you choose to demean yourself to that level.

Rex Murphy's words were poignant, respectful and classy, something that is lacking in all mainstream outlets today. He chose not to name the killer, instead simply to deliver the facts, and the total injustice of the actions of the killer, how deplorable the act was and how harrowing it must be for all those connected to the lost corpoal.

It's too bad we don't see more of this, to be honest.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I literally gave up totally on the media years ago. I'm in new zealand and the press is pretty bad out here. They will publicise anything if its salacious and damn the consequences. The press has a lot to answer for if u ask me.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

damit, some YT vids don't play for me anymore. Malaware me suspects. Was looking forward to see what Rex has to say, he's a real class act.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
We are missing a lot for sure. While Rex's speech was very well written,he missed something important as well. The soldier killed in Ottawa has been the main focus of the news,and while my thoughts go to his family,my thoughts also go out to the soldier killed in Quebec. It seems his death has been easily forgotten,and newspapers worldwide are not printing his name. That to me is sad. Just because he was killed under less that extraordinary and tense circumstances,does not make his passing any less noteworthy or his life not worth celebrating.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

I watched the piece when it first became available and was very impressed on the difference between it and all of the MSM coverage. His piece was journalism at it's absolute best. Every other station merely wants fear-mongering ratings, which means more revenue, and converts to dollars. Exactly why I don't even watch news stations at all anymore. I detest them.

When I talk to people about controversial subjects these days, it seems the majority only get their (mis)information from the MSM. It really irks me because they don't have their own opinions, and they can't even come up with a logical thought on their own. They only know what those raging idiots talk about on TV and it is embarrassing.

Sometimes I wish we weren't so reliant on those damn entertainment network(s) to bring us their "news". That is all they are. Entertainment for the dumbmasses.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Rex is CBC and the conservatives are trying to kill it. Peter Mansbridge interviewed Harper some years ago and Harper was not pleased with the pointed questions so has been trying to reduce the CBC's budget ever since.

CBC is good and bipartisan. They have a mandate to give the facts evenly and ignore party lines.

Rex is boss. The CBC needs to be saved from the Harper regime and his corporate backers which include Sun Media... the CBC's eastern rival.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: havok

I agree. However, there is always some mofo who's got something to say. Called Murphy an ugly sob. Thinks he's using the jedi mind trick on us. Thinks the whole thing was a false flag, believes the events are real but thinks a crowd of care givers trying to save his life is "suspicious". I hope the internet one day comes up with virtual slaps.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
We are missing a lot for sure. While Rex's speech was very well written,he missed something important as well. The soldier killed in Ottawa has been the main focus of the news,and while my thoughts go to his family,my thoughts also go out to the soldier killed in Quebec. It seems his death has been easily forgotten,and newspapers worldwide are not printing his name. That to me is sad. Just because he was killed under less that extraordinary and tense circumstances,does not make his passing any less noteworthy or his life not worth celebrating.

It seems to me that when the focus is on the hero's and not the crime, then there is more to the crime that what is seen on the surface. Any attempt to scrutinize the crime is shameful towards the heroins that gave their life to save our freedoms.... meanwhile our freedoms get taken.

Did any of you know that Parliament was supposed to table a bill that day to renew the CSIS act? And now the bill is off tje table till new additions could be made to the bill in light of our recent "domestic terror attack" ? And apparrently as one guest to the CBC (cant remember her name) spent some time explaining that the shooter had spent much time online researching conspiracies.

Where there is a hero, there is crime being committed and I believe this incident is no exception.

I think it is time I find another hobby.

top topics

join