It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Author says South should form new nation without gays and Hispanics called ‘Reagan’

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

Douglas MacKinnon, a former speechwriter for Presidents Reagan and George H.W. Bush, appeared Tuesday on The Janet Mefford Show to promote his new book, “The Secessionist States of America: The Blueprint for Creating a Traditional Values Country … Now,” reported Right Wing Watch.

He told the religious conservative host that southern states – starting with Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina – should leave the United States so they can implement a right-wing Christian system of government.

Not exactly a unique idea but one certainly worth some consideration.

MacKinnon did not specifically address during the radio program whether slavery would be legal in the new secessionist government, nor did he describe the status of black people living in Reagan.

But he made clear that LGBT people would be second-class citizens – or worse – saying that advances in their rights as citizens was a major factor in his call to break up the United States.

Whoa....Gay rights was a major factor in his call to break up the US.

Notice he also didn't say Mexican Illegals but Hispanics. That dude has some serious issues if he thinks he can move all the Hispanics out of Florida.

I think Hispanics were in Florida long before the WASPS.....

www.floridamemory.com...
edit on 22-10-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
There are bigoted morons every where.
We have our share.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I think it's worth a try. Texas has wanted to secede for years.

"Reagan".....got a nice ring to it!!

And the Capital city could be called......???

edit on 22-10-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Kind of ironic that the most ardent conservatives love to call themselves "patriots", but they are the ones that are constantly calling for secession and for the break up of the U.S.

In my book, they are the true traitors.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Sounds like the fundamentalist Christian version of Afghanistan.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I Don't Recall.
That could be the name of the capitol of Reagan.
Maybe rename Atlanta, Bonzo.
Florida will now be Trickle Down.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The American Taliban is a real thing. It doesn't look to the Koran for its guidance either.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Arseholio?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Kind of ironic that the most ardent conservatives love to call themselves "patriots", but they are the ones that are constantly calling for secession and for the break up of the U.S.

You may want to study up on the right of secession from history it may change your opinions.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
We are all citizens of the United States. Whether born or naturalized. That is our primary allegiance.

There is no "right of secession." The very idea is ludicrous on its face.

Secession is an attack on the integrity of the United States with the intention of destroying her.

Attacking the United States is an act of war, and supporting an act of war against the United States is Treason.

Period.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: guitarplayer

originally posted by: muse7

You may want to study up on the right of secession from history it may change your opinions.

If you really think it's a viable option; then man up and do it!! and take Missouri with you!!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You may want to study history a little, it was understood that a state could join the union or not. The states were and are sovereign. That is why the 10 amendment was written. If you think secession started with the south then you’re are more ignorant of history than your posts reveal.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Being a native here in the deep southeastern part the US, I can tell you right now: most folks that I know around here would never go for that (not under what this man has written).

There are may LGBT people that live around here, and they'd be heart broken if something like that came to pass.

And then there are Hispanics here that have bought a LOT of land around here, have carved out a niche, work very hard at their jobs that would not want to be leaving any time soon.

So please: those of you saying that we ("we" being the South) want to try and leave the union all the time: Give it a rest.

Most people around don't want to leave the union. They'd rather burn down the capital building and white house, and try to get some new people that really care about this nation back in there.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: guitarplayer

Even Conservative legal experts disagree with your assessment.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: guitarplayer

Pretty sure the argument was settled with the Civil War. You're free to argue 'it was originally intended as such and such,' but the fact is, the debate on state 'sovereignty' with respect to secession is over and has been for 150 years.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Did you even read the article?

I'm thinking not.

But for your reading pleasure, I offer you a link to the actual article.

townhall.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

A few people who happen to live in Texas have been vocal about seceding from the Union. Everyone has their crazies, unfortunately, idiots like this guy THINK they speak for all the southern states. Read my taglines.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I think it's a great idea. I say we let them do it.

I'm willing to lose a few states just to get rid of these morons. We can just move all the black, brown and Gay people out of there, wall it off and let them have their "Great White Homophobic Theocratic Paradise".

It's a small sacrifice to get rid of them once and for all in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Hmmf.

I'm guessing I'm the only one who read the actual article and not the hit-piece written about the author.

Oh well. . . . .

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Just in case you all are afraid to actually read it. . . .

Because of the recent independence referendum in Scotland, secession is all the rage. Both in Europe and even here in the United States. With that subject in mind, the Reuters news agency commissioned a poll and found that one of four Americans would be open to secession. One in four.

When you stop to realize that equates to about 84 million people, that’s a red flag number if ever there was one. Tens of millions of Americans are rightfully fearful of where their government and country are headed, and are quickly losing all hope.

Former Congressman, Presidential candidate, and Patriot Ron Paul just added to the growing controversy when he said there should be more Secession movements in The United States. Said Mr. Paul in part: “It’s something that I think is going to grow, because the failure of the federal government is going to get much worse…I think it’s inevitable people wanting to leave will be there, and the numbers will grow.”

He could not be more correct....

More at link:

townhall.com...

Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

edit on 10/23/2014 by kosmicjack because: edited big quote

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join