It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolving Shared Dreaming.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
My second attempt to create similar post, first one was moved to off-topic. Mods if you don't want conversation on this subject to continue, just let me know. Thx.

I am participating in a group of lucid dreamers, we are exploring shared dreaming and other beyond dreaming stuff. So in this topic I will highlight some of the results that we had in our experiments.

For my self I already proved that Shared Dreaming does exist.
Many people are wondering, why nobody proves that shared dreaming exist. It is hard to prove because there is no fixed definition of this. This is a very complex process, there are many events that look like shared dream, but they have a logical explanation behind them and are not shared dreams. On the other part there are shared dreams where I see no logical explanation at all and I cannot deny those facts.
For example, when two people are communicating for a long period of time, chances for them to dream of the same event are very high. You may think that they dream of the same event because they talked about it, but not always. Then can dream of the same event that they never talked about to each other. Perhaps their conversation affects their thinking in someway that they are unintentionally desiring to dream of something similar. I cannot explain this phenomena yet, so I will leave it for future.
The other fake shared dream is a dream where one person tells to another about what he is going to make him dream of. This works especially good with horror dreams. Explanation of this is very simple, you dream of what you intent to dream. When somebody tells you that he is going to come and make you dream of 'A' and 'B' nightmare, you might to set your self for that scenario, depends on your level of understanding of dreaming and shared dreaming. In other words, he creates an intention for you. It is very easy to escape this if you understand lucid dreaming.
Whenever I see a similarity between our dreams, I try to take it as skeptical as possible. But results that we had are impossible to deny. When you both dream of the same location, you both do the same actions, same colors, same people. When dream subject/topic is insanely weird, chances of few people dreaming of the same weird event are so low and still we do dream of if together, sometimes 3 people at the same time.

However I never experienced a shared dream where we communicated just like in waking life. I was unable to go through all person memories of waking life or all of his dreams, just some of them or one of them. In the beginning it might sound like something simple. Its not simple at all, when you get into shared dreaming, you face one unknown weird event after another. Everything is hard to comprehend, you might feel relaxed or you might feel scared and unwelcome. But I am willing to improve this ability my whole life, there is a long way to go, but it is a very interesting journey. Remember, its not a switch, you do not turn that option in your mind, you have to learn, understand, experience and develop your shared dreaming.

These are some of the confirmed syncs that we got, located in different parts of the world.
I will put 'a' and 'b' as examples.
We had moments where 'a' dreamt of 'b' waking reality memories.
Where 'a' dreamt of 'b' dream and at the same time 'b' dreamt of 'a' dream. (or we both observed the same dream or one of us observed another's dream)
Where 'a' dreamt of 'b' past or future dreams.
Where 'a' dreamt of 'b' past or future waking reality memories.

I am looking for people with experience in this field, share your ideas and conclusions.
People who are new to shared dreaming are welcome, your reports of attempts and its results are very valuable.
Skeptics are welcome too.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
"Waking Life" is a great movie and one of my favorites. Along with the "Matrix" of course.
Problem with dreaming is that it is very hard to control, they could be astral projections sometimes but they could be much more than that. It's the time when subconscious mind escapes constrains of a conscious one. Most of the time I don't remember my dreams but even when I don't I have very strong feeling that when I dream I am at home and not in this reality...

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: alomaha

Dream control is not a problem as soon as you realize what powers do affect and control dreams. There is something what I call pure intention, intention does all the control part, if you understand and later feel the difference between power of will, desire and intention you will be able to have full control of your dream.

And yea, recall is something very complicated... I will leave a link at the bottom, some of my ideas and thoughts on memory and recall. You can have a read, it will definitely help you with your recall.

I understand your feelings on "home reality" very well.

some thoughts on memory structure and how it works

new topics

join