It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Japanese Man Became the Firs Person to Get Prison Time for 3D-Printed Guns

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: okamitengu

Your wrong.

In an environment where it's respect or die people have a tendency to be more respectfully.

Don't believe me? Look at Japanese culture. Their history.

Also go if you and hang out with real mobsters. They have a culture of respect around them through fear. If you deal with gangsters you will be respectful.

i believe I have 30 years of experience in japanese history and culture that would suggest I am not wrong. I have even lived in japan. have you?
i am very familiar with japanese culture and history, and you are, as another user pointed out, using a very inaccurate view of japanese culture/history.

i already pointed out that only a small band of elites were permitted to be armed, and there was in no way more respect.
between the samurai, respect was enforced from the top down, but it did not stop dueling or deaths.

the politeness is that society is ingrained from fear of death if you did not show respect to those carrying swords.
in fact, a farmer was not permitted to even speak to an elite without being beheaded.

also, in polite conversation you don't start any counter argument with "you're wrong". its counter productive to making your points.

and finally, to go all grammer nazi on you, its "you're" wrong not "your" wrong... I don't own any wrongs...

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
a reply to: beezzer

Japan has a very polite society.....so yea, it does work in a small nation with a specific culture.

New Hampshire had 5 gun deaths in 2010, it has few gun restrictions and many people own guns.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I watched the video and I am amazed at how stupid anti-gun people are. Vice news is pushing a lie. 3-d printed guns are crap and you can not print a upper receiver or gun barrel,bolt. All you can print is the lower. And plastic crap is just that plastic crap.

Until they can 3-d print metal this is all nothing more than wannabe's messing around. CNC machining is the only way to make a gun that is going to last.
edit on 23-10-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

I watched the video and I am amazed at how stupid anti-gun people are. Vice news is pushing a lie. 3-d printed guns are crap and you can not print a upper receiver or gun barrel,bolt. All you can print is the lower. And plastic crap is just that plastic crap.

Until they can 3-d print metal this is all nothing more than wannabe's messing around. CNC machining is the only way to make a gun that is going to last.

ummm like this... ?

3d metal printing to become affordable

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

You need to understand metal. Unless this is as strong as steel it will not work. It could be used for a lower,or maybe even an upper but not a barrel.

I run a 4 axis CNC machine 7 days a week. I work with cast iron. Also read the article it says it replaced some parts that used to made in a CNC shop you wanna know why....................Steel is strong......powdered metal not so much.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

You need to understand metal. Unless this is as strong as steel it will not work. It could be used for a lower,or maybe even an upper but not a barrel.

I run a 4 axis CNC machine 7 days a week. I work with cast iron. Also read the article it says it replaced some parts that used to made in a CNC shop you wanna know why....................Steel is strong......powdered metal not so much.

i understand metal, I have dabbled in smithing previously. you are completely right, but things are changing and quickly.
it is possible something may be able to be 3d printed that could withstand the heat and pressure of a discharged round in the future, perhaps near future.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Now that would be cool could you imagine a 3-d printer that could print honest to goodness metal. With metal tensile strength and machining tolerance is king. Holding .001 is not as easy as you would think. Some of the specs I hold are .0001.

Tool and spindle run out are problems and so is resharpening. I use mills,endmills,drills,noburs,taps,form tools,gun drills,reamers,brushes,honing diamonds...etc.

For now CNC machining is still a trade but the future will bring a printer that will do the same exact job and all I will do is inspect the part. Truth be told they have technology that can take a picture and use laser a to check the part. It is similar to a CMM machine.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

You want to check out something cool check out metal imprex. It powder coats metal to take out porosity it also lengthens tool time and helps with chatter.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I think you might be confusing fear with respect..I suggest they are not the same thing.
About the printing im not sure what the fuss is about, as noted by others none of these parts are going to last and nothing remotly strong enough to handle chamber/barrel pressures.

edit on 23-10-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join