It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Mysterious "Official" Visited My Home Today, Questioned Me

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Aqualung2012

I wouldn't have provided any information without positive identification. That is exactly how stalkers obtain information about their marks.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Spruce

Many excuses and would-be arguments come to mind in response to your reply there... but none can suffice.

You're right, and I am responsible for it. It's up to me to make a report with police and to inform my neighbors of what was asked, and what was said.

And furthermore it serves as a real-life lesson about not disclosing information that doesn't belong to me... especially outside of legitimate and legal necessity.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Most lawyers have their own on call PIs, you can hired one to do anything, you always think of PI just as what you see on tv but hey are out there and they are good at what they do.

The state uses them a lot in disability cases also, to see if they can catch the plaintiff faking injuries.

I remember a case when I was working for the lawyer in which one of his costumers was caught in video doing things that he should no have done because he was supposedly working in a disability claim.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

And that would exactly match the term "health research (that's all I can say")
That really does sound like what we're talking about here... Or at least I hope so.

We'll see once I talk to my neighbors, I'm sure. Unfortunate though, that our first conversation will be on such strange and private matters.

edit on 22-10-2014 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aqualung2012

And that would exactly match the term "health research (that's all I can say")
That really does sound like what we're talking about here... Or at least I hope so.

We'll see once I talk to my neighbors, I'm sure. Unfortunate though, that our first conversation will be on such strange and private matters.

I guess we all know that "health research" can be a euphemism for human use experimentation....
just sayin'.....

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I'd say you handled the situation 100%correctly.IF your neighbors are doing anything illegal let the police gather their evidence.Yes,police,not health official I'd wager.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

In certain occasions when somebody is under security check for a job the company doing the security check will talk with neighbors.

I know because my husband works in one of such jobs with the government and they revise the security every year.

Perhaps the person applied for a job with high security protocols.

Asking the neighbor if he or she did applied for a job will be more easy to do than asking if he or she is getting divorce.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Since your visitor said she would "stop trying during the day", it sounds likely she will come back in the evening.

So...if you keep an eye out, maybe you will see her car at your neighbor's house tonight or another evening.
Then you won't have to worry about it being something suspicious!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

The above two posts are great hahaha...

I appreciate all the input from people who know better than myself.

I'll post with any developments.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Please do so, I will love to know what happen.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
She might have been casing the neighborhood working with others to do a breaking and entering. I would have called the police myself. I wouldn't tell a complete stranger my neighbors have normal hours. I wouldn't tell them a god damned thing. I would tell the neighbors that someone was asking questions.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Stazi

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

You bring up a memory for me though... not too long ago one of those "electricians" actually snuck up on me in my back yard. He didn't actually "creep up" but I was singing a stupid song outside and suddenly: "oh, hi random person in my yard."

Probably was just an electrician... but that's how "they" operate... whoever "they" are.

If there is a utility pole in your backyard, then the guy was most likely an inspector such as myself. Those things do have to be checked for rot, stray voltage, and proper grounding from time to time.

I'm actually doing a data collection project in your area right now, so it might've even been me. So thanks for not shooting first and asking questions later. Folks in Illinois are paranoid as hell. I think its got something to do with all the chemicals "they" are spraying on your cornfields.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Identify yourself and there won't be a problem.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Haha, oh we had a good laugh about him catching me belting "Loving You" as I walked outside.

I'm not doubting he was a legitimate electrician, just remarking that the reply brought it to mind. (Although there are no power poles in the vicinity of my property)

And as far as people from Illinois being paranoid... well yes, we can be. Be it the chemicals in the corn, the chemicals belching from nearby Gary Indiana, the rampant gang activity, the most corrupt government in the nation or what have you... we do tend to be up in arms when compared to most other states.

edit on 22-10-2014 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Haha, oh we had a good laugh about him catching me belting "Loving You" as I walked outside.

Lol I imagine he did as well. I love catching people out of character like that, its the ones who are up to no good that scare the crap out of me.You wouldn't believe some of the stuff I've walked up on.

As far as the lady at your door, was it a recording device in her hand or more like a GPS? Portable GPS units look sort of like a smaller version of the old Nextel cellphones.

edit on 22-10-2014 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Best I can recall the device was matte black, about 4" x 5" x 3/4", all screen, with a stylus attached. Seemed more like an inventory tool as opposed to a GPS or phone.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Debt collector/process server.

In most states they are not supposed to call or knock on neighbor's doors but they do.
edit on 10/22/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I'm going with the guy on the front page who guessed census worker. Believe it or not they're still collecting info. One of my neighbors is never home and the same lady (not the one who knocked on your door) comes by at least once every 2 weeks trying to catch them at the house.

The device is to record their information and GPS the front door. That's my best guess anyway.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

A healthy supposition, but is deception in their job description?

Why not just say she's with the census?

edit on 22-10-2014 by Aqualung2012 because: word

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join