It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Mysterious "Official" Visited My Home Today, Questioned Me

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Aqualung2012

One thing to note though… she didn't visit any of the other houses on my cul du sac... just mine.

I see. Thats different.

Any feuds with neighbors?

Anybody else get a look see in your hood? Tell everyone there that this happened, tell them a description, and what to look for in the car and whatnot in case they come back, tell them to call the cops for you.

If something happens its a way to get everyone on board with it.

Keep your head on a swivel for a while. Situational awareness is not paranoia, just being aware of your surroundings more than usual. Who's following you, who is sitting down the street, who goes through your garbage, opens your mail, talks to other family members or people , boss at work, tell the schools so kids are looked after.

Make sure doors and windows are checked for breaking or moved, missing stuff.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

originally posted by: tetra50
So, why are there two threads with this same story?
This is frequent hereabouts, but sheds some doubt, surely, on the voracity...
This happened to both members today, or what?
Who is making what up?
Of course, I think it possible that it's one person telling a real story, and another not...

Link to the other story please?

Okay, I seem to have egg on my face, or whatever appropriate expression, as I can't find the other thread I THOUGHJT I saw...
So, all apologies to the OP here.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The 'Office hours' information was more than I'd have provided. My first reply would have been " Who do you represent and why are you asking?" and if it was not important/official enough to be an interview under police caution they'd have got nothing from me.

...I'm not criticising though, life is all about learning, and I'm sure you have from this experience.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Yeah, I'll be speaking to my neighbors once they return home, and filing a report afterwards, unless they can pinpoint the visitor's intentions...

As far as the lanyard, and whatever else... I was not "fooled" by any of it. I was simply polite and offered nothing more than what could easily be deduced by simple observation anyhow.

You bring up a memory for me though... not too long ago one of those "electricians" actually snuck up on me in my back yard. He didn't actually "creep up" but I was singing a stupid song outside and suddenly: "oh, hi random person in my yard."

Probably was just an electrician... but that's how "they" operate... whoever "they" are.

edit on 22-10-2014 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I've had people come by, but I used to be in the Army and I've had ID cards for other things. One thing I forgot to turn back in. I wouldn't talk to anybody who can't ID themselves. I've known drug dealers and the like to do things like that digging for information.. Havn't had anybody except cops ask about neighbors though. I can ID a cop. They can have surface info. Anyone else needs to give me their angle. Otherwise I'm not interested.

Pull out a cell phone and say "Please tell me who you are working for."
Then go and check out her license plate.

I couldn't tell you who it might have been. Could be anybody. Don't let your guard down haha.

EDIT: just see your post above me there. Do talk to your neighbors. I'd personally tell you if I was your neighbor what was going on if I knew. And if I didn't know then we can both be suspicious together.
edit on 22-10-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I used to work for a lawyer a few years ago, it was customary in case of divorce for the lawyer to have a PI do investigations for issues of custody of the minor children for the better fit parent and also for cases when a spouse will have claims of the other spouse infidelity and so on.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

No feuds with neighbors...

No one else was with her, so I don't believe anyone else say inside...

I certainly will give this account to the neighbors, and of course keep an open eye around the neighborhood, along with filing a report with the local PD.

I'm very much a proponent of situational awareness, and I'm (apparently) not overly-paranoid haha. We are always sure to lock-up (I've personally gone and checked every window in our home not long ago)

We stay locked and loaded so to speak, so let come what may. But a report to the neighbors and the PD is definitely in order.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

But would it be customary for the PI to interview neighbors and create a fabrication like "health research procedure," when asked about their purpose?

(Not saying that would be out of the question, but sincerely, is that how they operate?)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Why would you even tell her anything if you didnt know who she was or where she was from?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I'd report her, too. And warn the neighbors. I'm hoping she's not up to a nefarious deeds ...I'm thinking not...after she spoke to you, she sat in her car for 5 minutes, giving you plenty of time to take pictures of her, the vehicle car, LP--or even call the police. She didn't know what you may or may not do.

Edited to add: I wonder if she was outsourced to do public health checks over the Flying Ebola Scare, and she was terrible at her job and/or her "official" capacity went to her head and she was pretending to be Nancy Drew.

edit on 22-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
The 'Office hours' information was more than I'd have provided. My first reply would have been " Who do you represent and why are you asking?" and if it was not important/official enough to be an interview under police caution they'd have got nothing from me.

...I'm not criticising though, life is all about learning, and I'm sure you have from this experience.

You're right, I have learned from this... regardless of whoever really WAS doing the asking and for whatEVER reason... There is definitely no legitimate reason one should just come up to my door, ask me open-faced questions about people I don't even KNOW, while refusing to be clear as to who THEY are and why they want to know.

Although I did ask, I was not satisfied... yet I continued to respect this person who lacked the same respect for me.

I do highly appreciate the input

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: drwill

I'd report her, too. And warn the neighbors. I'm hoping she's not up to a nefarious deeds ...after she spoke to you, she sat in her car for 5 minutes, giving you plenty of time to take pictures of her, the vehicle car, LP--or even call the police.

Cop types do that.. filling out paper work, or making reports. Your focus and consciousness shifts when you leave a situation. That aspect makes me more comfortable that it's not something more scary. MY paranoid side always thinks they are waiting for you to check to see that they have left, while they are still there to see you check that they are gone, so they know you are wanting them to leave.... Hahahha..

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I would be more inclined to think that it was you she was checking up on. I mean think about it , you are more than likely going to tell your neighbors after the visit so if she was trying to be sneaky about finding out anything about them they are going to know pretty quickly.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

I told her what I told her because I'm naturally a polite and helpful person.

For all I knew something was wrong, maybe a relative or theirs had died, who knows? But at the same time, I'm a discerning person, and did ask her purpose for coming to my door about this... When the answer was short and vague, so became the conversation. Actually, that's more or less where it ended.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Why did you not ask the woman why she could'nt just speak to the neighbours directly if she needed information about them ? Surely they could answer ALL the questions she needed answers to, right

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: sayzaar

There were dozens of things I could have said, you know? But I really had no interest in carrying on any farther with this stranger. It's awkward, and obviously I was dealing with someone who wasn't being open and honest with me... so why follow that logic trail?

Just gave the dog a bone with no meat and shut the door.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

If they don't want to tell their business they will used alias and other ways to get information, that is what PIs does.

Still last year way after I stopped working for the lawyer I got subpoena for a case of custody fight that I had no clue off but happen to live across the neighbor that had the dispute, I was call as a character witness nobody asked me just got the papers, the one that did the subpoena was the child services.

Lawyers used all kind of tricks to do business.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aqualung2012
a reply to: tetra50

Yes, please link.

This happened to me around noon, and I've described in the highest detail possible what happened.

Very interested in this second account of a strange visitor.

Perhaps you missed my post. I apologized to you, as I can't now find the thread. My bad, entirely. Very, very sorry. I am apologizing here, again.
tetra

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

So you'd go with PI? That's what I'm thinking as well.

But what sort of thread on ATS doesn't touch on every possible extreme facet of an event??

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

No worries Tetra, I saw the original reply, it's no problem.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join