It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Mysterious "Official" Visited My Home Today, Questioned Me

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
At about noon CST today, while sitting in my living room watching CNN coverage of the shootings in Ottowa with my girlfriend, my doorbell rang. When I opened the door, there was a woman, about 35-40 years old, with a tan jacket and sunglasses standing there. She had some sort of small electronic device in her hand (not a cell phone), and wore a white plastic card on a lanyard, but I couldn't make out any specific credentials.

I said "hello," and asked how I could help her.

She literally said "I was wondering if you know anything about your neighbors?" And she pointed down the hill to my next-door neighbors house.

Now, I really don't know anything about them, as it were. All I know is that they are an older couple, white, who keep "normal hours," and that's exactly what I told this woman. I asked her why she would be asking, and for whom...

She said, almost hesitantly; "it's for a 'health research procedure," I need to speak with your neighbors, but that's about all I can say about it." She then thanked me for mentioning they keep "normal" hours, saying that she will "stop trying during the day." She denied my offer to take down her number/business card.

I noticed her glancing behind me during our conversation, as if she had been trained in observing details (like a private investigator would be.) After our five minute conversation, she went back to a blue compact car and sat in my driveway for another five minutes before leaving.

It was a strange visit, but I'm inclined to believe she is simply a private investigator persuing some business with my neighbors. There are however, these few details which strike me as strange:

She bluntly asked "Do you know anything about your neighbors?" Literally, she went on to ask if there was anything at all I could tell her about them...

She wore a card and lanyard, yet refused to identify herself or her agency, citing a "health research procedure," as her interest in them... (is this typical of your standard PI?)

Her general demeanor seemed highly trained, yet she herself seemed relatively unremarkable. She could have been anyone, really...

Our first thought was she was simply a PI, but those details make it seem like something else could possibly be going on. We entertained the idea she could be FBI, or maybe the IRS... but that comment about "health research" drew out the possibility of her being with the CDC or a related agency. Perhaps my neighbor is being tracked for Ebola or something?

Whatever the case, I felt it was worth a thread here. Maybe someone has some experience with this sort of visitation?

edit on 22-10-2014 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
you would be surprised what your neighbors are willing to tell someone.I know my neighbors don't miss anything.whether or not they're willing to share that information with a stranger I don't know.

+39 more 
link   
She could have been health department personnel. They can be somewhat aloof and secretive at times. I always make people identify themselves when they come to the door. If I don't get to know who they are, they don't get any answers, and I call the police to check them out.

+37 more 
link   
Without proper identification I would not have gave any information and I would also call the police and describe the incident to them. This does not sound very good for the elderly couple.

+23 more 
link   
Have you told your neighbors what happened?

That's bizarre.

Questioning you about the neighbors could have just been a way to get in your house and check you out!

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
...,Her general demeanor seemed highly trained, yet she herself seemed relatively unremarkable. She could have been anyone, really... ,,...

Sounds like a gov. spy.
And she wasn't interested in your neighbours.
As she looked over your shoulder, she was interested in you.
(Obviously not interested in your neighbours)

You really should ask to check her credentials before answering any question.
....and she was on your turf so she'd better produce them in a fast and correct manor.

Don't be fooled.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Sounds like a census worker. I've heard stories of them lying to gather info before. She should have told you who she was though if that was the case.

I noticed a new report was released today about grandparents living with grandchildren: www.census.gov...

Dunno if that's relevant.
edit on 22-10-2014 by Septimus because: added census link

+31 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Aqualung2012

I would have told her straight up, if you don't identify yourself and your employer with verifiable credentials, I'm not only going to refuse to give you information regarding my neighbors but I am also going to have to make a report to the proper authorities after you leave, I'll be taking down your LP number as well.

Seriously. I wouldn't have told her squat, what is this 1984? If she could have provided a de`cent reason for me to rat on my neighbors I might have divulged some info, but you want me to talk without so much as even knowing who you work for? Thanks but no thanks. And the fact you caught her staring at the inside of your house is a bit weird in and of itself.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: RunForTheHills

I agree with you. I actually sort of scoffed at her initial request of "do you know anything about your neighbors." But, the information I have on them is benign to say the least, so I really wasn't overly concerned. We live kiddy-corner to the police station, so it would take a very brazen criminal to attempt a burglary right here.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Maybe a PI working for an insurance company or something, investigating insurance fraud or something. I doubt someone like that would feel obliged to show ID or divulge who their employer was. Just a possibility.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Maybe one of your neighbors is on disability and she is an investigator for the insurance company? Perhaps she couldn't catch old Mr. Jones shooting hoops in his driveway with his "back injury" so she decided to canvass the neighbors.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

I haven't told the neighbors, only because they aren't home right now.

It is strange, but like I mentioned in the above reply, we're practically on top of our police station, so they'd have to be either exceptionally brave or exceptionally stupid to try something here.

ESPECIALLY if they think they can make an attempt at MY house

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: wtbengineer

Maybe a PI working for an insurance company or something, investigating insurance fraud or something. I doubt someone like that would feel obliged to show ID or divulge who their employer was. Just a possibility.

Doh! Beat me to it.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Daalder

Sobering advice, and I agree with you as well. This is why I post these things... I will be in here updating if anything else comes of it for sure.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I can't seriously be the only one who's mind jumped immediately to casing his or their (or both) house, am I? This strikes me as straight up target casing a joint....

I'd tell your neighbors ASAP, as well as letting the police know. Some theft rings are super sophisticated now, and she could easily be inconspicuous enough to do their initial info gathering work.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

You've said a lot here. It WAS strange. She didn't even mention their names... (which I don't even know)

Pretty spooky actually, but they really don't have any reason to bother with me

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I don't know that I would attach much importance to the vagueness of the first question.
I would guess that her real question was "when will they be in?", but there would be little point in asking that if you knew nothing about them. So it occurred to her to ask that initial question to pave the way for the main question.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit
That's a plausible theory, one of a few you guys have already brought up that could easily describe the encounter.

Regardless, I'm keeping my eyes open

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

The vagueness of the question was concerning, no doubt. It's KBG grade ambiguity. As you know, the main question was "when are they in?"

But why would someone with an interest in face to face contact with my neighbors refuse to leave any contact information? Any why wouldn't they have some direction with the questioning?

edit on 22-10-2014 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
meh, reeks of in.fra.garddog. to me?

Had a little digital recording device did she? Ask for consent? In a state where both parties aware of said recording?

Jehova's witnesses once asked me if I wanted to talk about my anger...?

It couldn't have been the newspaper delivery guy putting a blue circle sticker on my newspaper box b/c I canceled subscription?

Imagine you said to her that dude has a huge following of loyalists jihadis that meet and eat every sunday morning, and you break bread because you're his neighbor without any other affiliation...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join