It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War on marijuana unconstitutional, doctors testify in federal court Monday

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Hopefully they legalize marijuana and outlaw Big Pharma's "PILLS". Those pills these doctors are handing out like candy nowadays do nothing but suck the life out of everyone taking them. If you disagree, please state why and I'll give you a reason why you should change your mind.

Edit: I wanted to add this article to this thread...check it out!

All The Reasons Pot Is Good For You
edit on 22-10-2014 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
If these candidates don't support legalization, don't vote for them.

edit on 1 f2014Wed, 22 Oct 2014 14:50:11 -05002201431 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

Probably half the people in prison past and present are because of small time marijuana charges. Just think of the lawsuits. Will they be reimbursed for time served, and legal expenses?

That's not the way that the law works. They are in prison for breaking a law that was legal when they willingly broke it. If this is ruled unconstitutional (see below,) those sentences might be commuted, but they don't have any recourse.

And, probably just nitpicky, OP, but your thread title is invalid -- doctors can't testify to the Constitutionality of something, they are not judges or legal experts. The Constitutionality of medical marijuana will be decided by a court, not by a doctor and, frankly, I can't think of any Constitutional basis for a right to marijuana.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I'll tell you why. If marijuana was legal, it would end a way the cartels and our government make money. Cartels make money off smuggling and the government makes money on the guns sold to the cartels. Operation Fast and Furious may have ended, but who's to say the government didn't just rename the operation and blacken it a little more. For all we know the U.S. government probably has numerous operations all over the world that work this exact same way. I've had government clearances and know they don't play by the rules.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: adjensen

Well I didn't write the article, but I see your point. You could say the title is a bit hyperbolic, but you know it does highlight how the government doesn't want to listen to scientists about things that science determines (how harmful or beneficial a substance is).

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Pharmaceuticalization of THC and CBD? This woman is either crazy or a shill for the pharmaceutical companies. Probably both.

That's exactly why there are so many legalization opponents in Washington.

The pharmaceutical giants don't want legal marijuana because it's too easy for people to grow their own. They want to sell you their medication for 1000% profit.

You'll NEVER find a pharma rep that will admit to medical benefits of marijuana and I'd wager a guess that all of the doctors making that claim are being paid well by big pharma.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

Hopefully they legalize marijuana and outlaw Big Pharma's "PILLS". Those pills these doctors are handing out like candy nowadays do nothing but suck the life out of everyone taking them.

It's a glorious business model... you get a pill for one ailment and it causes side effects that are managed by other pills. Before long, you're on 6 different pills whose main function are counteracting the side effects of each other.

Your anxiety pills give you insomnia. Your insomnia pills give you migraines. Your migraine pills cause bleeding ulcers. Your ulcer pills cause you to lose weight. Your appetite-increasing pills cause kidney problems. Your kidney pills cause...

It's a self-perpetuating revenue generator!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I'll tell you why. If marijuana was legal, it would end a way the cartels and our government make money. Cartels make money off smuggling and the government makes money on the guns sold to the cartels. Operation Fast and Furious may have ended, but who's to say the government didn't just rename the operation and blacken it a little more. For all we know the U.S. government probably has numerous operations all over the world that work this exact same way. I've had government clearances and know they don't play by the rules.

Oh, they're making the majority of their money from harder drugs and will continue to do so regardless.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Took the words right out of my mouth!

Then there's addiction, but that's a whole other topic in itself.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
War on marijuana unconstitutional, doctors testify in federal court Monday

“Although more than 30% of current therapeutic drugs are plant-derived, no one currently eats or smokes foxglove plants to treat a heart condition, chews cinchona bark to alleviate malaria symptoms, or eats opium poppies to relieve post-surgical pain,” Madras writes.

Gotta love the government talking out of both sides of its face...

I would have to say the reason people are not using opium poppies for pain is that it is a sceadual one drug and they will put you away for a long trime if you grow them.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Right. The hypocrisy here is obviously deliberate. They play possum to drag this around as long as possibly. We all know why Nixon started this war on drugs. We ALL know why these ridiculous laws are in place. Someone, somewhere is filling their pockets full of money and keeping their cronies on the side happy. We don't need physical proof to know this is true and is practiced every single day. The same reasons can be said for Hemp. These two plants can ultimately half if not end the amount of income big pharmacy and the lumber industry and cotton industries make. Henry Ford had a vehicle body made of Hemp fiber which was almost indestructible and lightweight. So many good things can come from these plants. Why do you think other countries hate us so much? Our leaders and the 1% only care about themselves, not the good of the people. We're being led by a bunch of whiny only children who didn't have to learn to share growing up.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

It's all about the money. It'll always be about the money. Politicians do not give a # about you, only what they can get out of it. How many cities are going bankrupt? How do you turn that around?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I knew it was illegal for ridiculous reasons but I am unaware there was a "War" going on against it. Then I guess my idea of War looks like something you`d see on the beaches of France summer 1944, the Khe Sanh offensive or the battle for Fallujah. Oh I need to start a Rant thread about that!

On topic: The government should not have any say in ones personal decision to put anything into their bodies, whatever and however stupid it may be. To me that is an infringement on personal liberties. However for those who do or have in the past partake/partook in describe activity will know that there are just some people that do NOT need to be anywhere near the smell of marijuana. They cannot handle it, it reduces them to a giggling, paranoid, lunatic that makes schizophrenic people seem normal. If you do partake and have not recognized this person in your group then chances are, YOU ARE THEM. Buzzkill may be a moniker of yours.

There does need to be a bit of personal responsibility instead of government oversight. I wouldn`t attempt to rebuild my car`s engine or suspension if unable to exactly remember what I was doing at the exact moment or torque numbers, sequence of parts etc, nor would I approach a customer with blood shot eyes and an inability to use short term memory.

However, once that engine was fired back up and the coil over suspension worked beautifully it might be time to celebrate. After long shift on my feet dealing with the finest idiots the general public have to offer I want to chill out and relax. How I do that is none of anyone's business so long as it is not a detriment to anyone else.

That being admitted I hope it will not be a reflection on any "credibility" one may have here. If any of you were to know me then I would hope I present myself at least little bit intelligent and articulate. I have NO, ZERO, A NONE EXISTANT desire to move on to any other sort of drug or illegal substance, Have I tried some yes, life is about experiences, but sometimes you have to know that experience rather than live it through some one else's terms.

But moderately, To much of a good thing doesn't exist.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

...until big Pharma starts producing their own and add all sorts of BS like the junk added to tobacco leaves. Legalization will most certainly lead to commercialization.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

This is good news but they shouldn't have to go in front of a federal to plead this case because it's obvious enough to most people. I predict no matter how much evidence is presented the federal judge will do what the Feds do and ignore all facts while embracing corruption and ignorance.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Oh I have, and too boot, this November the people of DC will vote to make marijuana completely legal, as seen in Colorado & Washington state.
edit on 22-10-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Of-course its unconstitutional. Almost everything that the federal government does is unconstitutional.

Where in the constitution does it say that the federal government has this authority? It doesnt.

Take the prohibition for example. The federal government at the time had enough respect for the rule of law to pass an actual amendment banning alcohol.

And when they finally realized that banning drugs (alcohol included) was stupid, they passed the 21st amendment repealing the 18th amendment.

edit on 22-10-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

It's not that the cartels and the government would lose much money. The cartels make most of their money from coke the government makes a little money from the taxes from the sale of pills. The ones that would most the most money is big pharma because it's kind of hard to compete against a medicine that people can grow in their closet.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: adjensen

I'm just curious... Can you think of a Constitutional basis for government to take a citizens rights to cannabis?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Good point!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join