It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who really is Lucifer?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Lucifer, from lux, lucis (light, dawn) + fero, ferre (to carry), literally means light-bringer, also translates as Morning Star.

In greek mythology Prometheus stole the fire from Zeus and gave it to humankind. (knowledge)
In the bible the "serpent" (saraph or seraph - "burning one"), brings light (knowledge) to humankind (the act of eating the fruit).

So Lucifer or light bringer is the one that brought knowledge to humankind, will you consider that a sin? If it wasn't for that, we were not here at this moment in history.

Jesus is the Morning Star
Matthew 2:2 and asked, "Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star in the east and have come to worship him."

Revelations 22:16 "I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

The Exsultet:
”Flammas eius lucifer matutinus inveniat: ille, inquam, Lucifer, qui nescit occasum, Christus Fillus tuus, qui, regressus ab inferis, humano generi serenus illuxit, et vivit et regnat, in saecula, saeculorum."
“May this flame be found still burning by the Morning Star: the one Morning Star who never sets, Christ your Son, who, coming back from death’s domain, has shed his peaceful light on humanity, and lives and reigns for ever and ever.”

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Abednego

In nomine dei nostri Luciferi excelsi. ;p

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Venus?!

Seriously though I think its an "all of the above" answer.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

What IF we are ALL fallen angels?!

Maybe we come to earth only to rise with each incarnation in the physical world.

What if Jesus is the evolved "Lucifer"?

Jesus is said to be the "word". Words create knowledge and this is the fruit of the world.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ

Well, I have borne the light at times, so maybe all angels are capable of being light-bearing? I don't know. Are we all angels, or are angels peppered into the generations of mankind for their personal rectification? Who were the Erev Rav before they embodied the beings in Egypt? Who are they today? I think Adam was not simply male/female, but at least one other element, most likely more, it would be fitting for him to have been a four-part creature at least in Jewish mysticism, but I don't know what the fourth part would be at this point in terms that I can understand. I think it is possible that different souls come from different aspects of his shattered persona. (At least this allegory is useful to me). Some are male, some are female, some are epiphanous (brazen?).

In my cosmology, the epiphanous were placed inside his mind to guide him, to be the keepers of knowledge, but it was this serpent who led Adam astray, who led him to eat of the fruit of Carnality so that he might become free. It was the seed of knowledge planted at the foot of the tree of life which allowed the vines of fractal chaos to emerge, disintegrating Adamehaewah into septillions of parts. The serpent, trapped in the mind was disintegrated also. Is this the Erev Rav, that diverse many peppered into the generations of mankind to whisper the secrets of the past so that mankind might evolve more rapidly?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Lucifer is Enki(Ea), and was demonized by Enlil for his disobedience. He chose to protect his creation(humans), rather than let Enlil destroy them all.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Who really is Lucifer?

A literary device used by poets and authors.

Really.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I don't think any names matter at all. Because its your metaphoric Michael that must defeat your metaphoric satan inside. Its all symbols and thus names do not matter. For example, ISIS is metaphor for Mom in the light and love code, and Mother Earth, also for your pineal. I'm sure dark hats have their own codes. Names don't matter, they're symbols.

Evil is from within. And outer evil in the hologram is AI. TPTB are following AI. We're metaphorically in a computer reality and its a program for the bad guys or anything primitive, beast or body, or hard that must be overcome.

Now people , who we don't know the names of, do fall and get corrupted for a time, such as an evil entity, but they also get rescued over time as well, in this balance between healing and uplifting and free will.

Lucifer would be metaphor for the fallen angel or fallen light shoved into flesh that people in the tests are. But I suppose a person could focus alot of anger and fear and belief towards such a thing and create an AI version OR, some other fallen entity could cop that identity to scare.

But to me its all metaphor. And its best to not ever journey into seeing outside or in any group. You just ask Source/God/Goodness/Christ and Higher Self to guide you to see within and understand.
edit on 22-10-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Lucifer Son of Dawn (Hebrew: Heillel ben shahhar), simply means "shining/howling one, begotten of light", which is translated as "morning star" in the NT. Angels are beings of light, therefore they are begotten of light, hence morning stars. It is nothing more than a title for the elect angels, but the being that we know of as Satan, was the Covering Cherib. When he fell, he took 1/3rd of the morning stars with him. This left open seats for the title of "morning stars". To fill these seats, God created man with the intention of making Israel the "morning stars" under Jesus (the head of the morning stars). When Israel rejected Christ, the "morning star" covenant rolled over to the Church. Today, we are begotten of the earth (hebrew: ha'adam), but when the Church is Resurrected, we will be morning stars. For the moment, the Church are morning stars in training.

By turning Lucifer into a proper name, we eventually forgot the doctrine of the Morning Stars. It is not a direct reference to Venus, nor does it necessarily mean Satan (unless implied by the context).

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

So Lucifer or light bringer is the one that brought knowledge to humankind, will you consider that a sin? If it wasn't for that, we were not here at this moment in history.

Satan or Lucifer as you call him, did not bring knowledge, but tempted us into slavery. God was waiting for Adam and Eve to fully mature before giving us permission to partake of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. Since Adam and Eve ate from the tree prematurely, sin became our nature. Lucifer/Satan contributed to our fall.

The same principle can be found with the dietary prohibition on pork. Man was bound to the Law before Christ, now Christ fulfilled the Law, so the prohibition has been lifted.

God wasnt withholding information, He simply gave us the choice to grow up, and we chose not to.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
Venus?!

Seriously though I think its an "all of the above" answer.

Could be, who knows? There is an incredible paralelism between jewish tradition and Egypt tradition. The myth of Isis (mother), Osiris (father later known as Ra) and Horus (the son).
Osiris is the Sun (Ra), Venus Is Isis (only in the afternoon) she is looking for the dead body of Osiris that is already set. The moon is Horus (because the son always follows his father path). The moon dies eventually (when it set too), then Venus in the morning became known as the "Morning Star" (the son announcing that his father will rise bringing light to the a new day). Ancient people knew that as soon as they saw Venus in the east a new day is coming.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

The only reference in the Bible to "Lucifer" is from Isaiah, and it clearly is talking about the King of Babylon, not Satan.

Confusion that resulted in Lucifer becoming synonymous with the devil arose out of 18th Century Protestantism -- prior to that no one thought that Lucifer was the devil, and anyone who believes it now is wrong.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Satan or Lucifer as you call him, did not bring knowledge, but tempted us into slavery. God was waiting for Adam and Eve to fully mature before giving us permission to partake of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. Since Adam and Eve ate from the tree prematurely, sin became our nature. Lucifer/Satan contributed to our fall.

The same principle can be found with the dietary prohibition on pork. Man was bound to the Law before Christ, now Christ fulfilled the Law, so the prohibition has been lifted.

God wasnt withholding information, He simply gave us the choice to grow up, and we chose not to.

Ok. 1. Satan and Lucifer are 2 different things. Satan is a proper name, while Lucifer is a title not a person.
2. Satan use to hold that title, but he lost it as soon as he decide to neglect God.
3. Knowledge gives you power, it doesn't turn you into a slave.
4. The food prohibition was for Israel only, not the rest of the world. And is still in use.
and 5. If I want my kids not to eat apples, why have apples trees in my backyard?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ

What IF we are ALL fallen angels?!

Maybe we come to earth only to rise with each incarnation in the physical world.

What if Jesus is the evolved "Lucifer"?

Jesus is said to be the "word". Words create knowledge and this is the fruit of the world.

We are ALL a kind of Lucifer. I give knowledge to my kids, so they can survive the world out there. I teach them not only why, but how and when to use that knowledge.
Is in our nature.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Just to be clear in something.

I'm not a Satanist or a luciferian. I do believe that Lucifer is just a title not a name of somebody. I don't recognize Satan as anything, I believe in God.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Satan isn't a proper name. It is "the accuser" or prosecuting attorney.

Also Lucifer is not an angel, at least not according to the bible. There is no connection between Lucifer and Satan or an angel.

Lucifer represents the fallen priesthood IMO. The name Aaron means light bringer also. I believe Heylel is referring to Adam, the entire garden story is a mirror of the temple. Adam was the first high priest, he was in the garden, and the nations trembled because of him. This is echoed in the NT with the beast and the carnal mind aka the man of flesh/dust/death/earth.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Satan is a title meaning accuser or adversary. When the covering cherub fell, he went from Morning Star to Adversary (Satan).

Higher levels of knowledge require higher levels of maturity and mean more responsibility. A toddler is too young to comprehend and practice reproduction, but a matured adult is both ready and hopfully responsible enough for it. The same goes with driving a car. To the immature, higher knowledge is a hazzard.

The Law was given to Israel because they were appointed morning star/bride of Christ status. They refused that offer, and therefore the Law was fulfilled and a higher Law was given to the Church. The practicing Jews practice to OT law in vain. They are living in the past.

When I was a kid, my mom told my never to mess with the electical sockets, telling me that I would die if I touched them. Guess what, I didnt mess with them until I was taught how to safely use them. Thats pretty much what God intended.

Lucifer is our enemy, dont trust in him....trust in Christ instead, the true Morning Star.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ

on some levels it might be nothing more than a neverending novel

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Lucifer was a Satan. There are many Satan's. A Satan is a celestial entity who is a foe of God. An anti Christ is a human who is a foe of God. There are many antichrist's as well. Lucifer is only an identification of the leader of the Satan's who rebelled against God in the celestial realm. These celestial Satan's (angels) were then cast into hell (Sheol) and will remain there till the final day of punishment. Demons are not fallen angels. All fallen angels are in hell.

The garden episode with the tree of knowledge to do good and evil had nothing to do with the Satan (Lucifer). This Lucifer was in hell at this time. The tempter was the beast of the field. Adam, Eve and the beast of the field were the only perpetrators involved in this disobedience and the punishments were delved out according to these three only. There was no mention of a Satan or Lucifer in the garden episode.

Demons are the offspring of the union between human women and fallen angelic host from the second rebellion of Satan's. We have come to identify these children as the Giants of the union's between mankind and angels. These Satan's are also bound in the abyss. All fallen angels are prisoners in hell and the abyss. Demons are the spirits of the dead children of this union between human women and fallen angels. The NT calls these demons Satan because the interpretation from the interpreters did not fully understand. The 1948 dead sea scrolls verify this misunderstanding by the interpreters.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Lucifer is just another name for the "covering cherub"

Ezekiel 28:13 - Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone [was] thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

Ezekiel 28:14 - Thou [art] the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee [so]: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

Ezekiel 28:15 - Thou [wast] perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

Ezekiel 28:16 - By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join