It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The price of Gas, and the upcoming election

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Man, if only there was some graph or website that kept track of that sort of data... *cough*gasbuddy.com*cough*

If only my premiums weren't so high from Obamacare I could get that cough looked at.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Gas prices go down in the winter. In the US there are two blends of gasoline and winter involves using a considerably cheaper blend. That said, when elections are involved they always go a little bit cheaper until after people vote.

$3.04 in southern OH. If I cross the border and goto Kentucky it's $2.89.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
The Saudi's have increased production for several reasons. Primarily to corner the Asian market, the side effects are shale oil, tar sands, Iran, Russia, Venezuela etal. lose at thier level of profit and production; which means they sheilded from entering the Asian market at a profit. An "oil war" started in ernest September of this year.

mg

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Goes up in the summer and drops in the winter like clockwork. Never thought about elections.

We're ranging from $2.95 to $3.79 in my area. Bellevue (ish) WA. $3.50 seems average.

I just had to get a car that only drinks supreme and get's bad mileage. I forget all about that when I'm rowing through gears and having fun though.

Girlfriend drives a new full size, extended cab, mildly lifted 4x4 with a V8 and I only get a few more MPGs than her. Her truck takes regular. Ugh.

Really appreciating the rewards points from Safeway and QFC knocking the price down.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
2.99 here

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
We're down to $3.22 around here now.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: DonVoigt

I hope you're not implying that politicians have anything to do with gas prices!

(
)

2.84 Portland, Oregon.
OMG That's all I have to say.......OMG

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Watching it go down as we speak! It always happens this time of year. Supposed to make the POTUS look like a good guy.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
We are down to $3.15 here now.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Enjoy till Wednesday
Fillem up!

Although CNN JUST said (after I started writing this, I swear! being psychic rocks sometimes) it's because we're producing more gas. Mmmhmm.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Down to $3.09 around me

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I hope they continue to go down. I paid $2.65 per gallon here in South Jersey. Cheapest place around I think?? I'll have to read back to check....but, I DO hope they continue to drop & stay down for a bit.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
$2.54/ at the gulf station down the street today.

gotta use one of three gas cards else it's .10 higher.

still darn cheap, though.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
In calif the every time price would get too low there would be a major fire at a refinery.

And over the years the state fire marshal would require more automatic firefighting equipment and better equipment design so that the oil industry could not burn down parts of a refinery just to raise prices.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
$2.97 to $3.59 here. Pretty much the same. Top end is lower, bottom is higher. I need to turn that into a dirty joke.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: 12m8keall2c
$2.54/ at the gulf station down the street today.

gotta use one of three gas cards else it's .10 higher.
still darn cheap, though.

Nice! I just picked up a manual 91 Honda CRX and I'm averaging 45 MPG. A little freaky riding in a small low rider car but where I live there's no traffic so it's not too bad. The guy I bought it from said he could get up to 60mpg surfing with the semis. I'm not willing to do that. I'll stay happy with the 45mpg.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Ha.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Ha.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Yeah. jack the price of gas up to near $4.00 a gallon and when it falls just below $3.00 people will think their getting a bargain. Manipulation at it's finest. I think it would still be a rip-off at $2.00.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: korath
Yeah. jack the price of gas up to near $4.00 a gallon and when it falls just below $3.00 people will think their getting a bargain. Manipulation at it's finest. I think it would still be a rip-off at $2.00.

True story! Look at the price of a barrel of oil in the 70's and later. There's no justification for the high price of gasoline. The taxes don't justify the price per gallon in many states for a 3-4.00 per gallon.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join