It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Soldier shot at war memorial in Ottawa

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

There was just shots from I think the Peace Tower.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
...it always seemed obvious to me that these sort of "hit and run" attacks by small groups...

It makes the most sense. Instead of grande plans like 9/11 and others, why not have a "One Man Terrorist Cell" across the nation(s) doing whatever they can? Be it shooting people, running them over, suicide bomb, you name it? No need to plan, just grab a weapon and do it. If several do it frequently, it'll strike fear equally as much, if not more so, than single big attacks.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
Too many bleeding hearts. Too much political correctness. Kick them all out of the country, no more immigration. Canada better take a very hard stance on this religion from this point on or this will drag on and on for a thousand years. Harper, I don't like you at all but you better do something about this.

Like I recently said in another post, there isn't one person in political office that would even know where to start to do something logical about this issue. Politicians are beyond the most useless people on our planet. They are the ones who "steer" society in an aimless path of dysfunctional hierarchies which stratify us socially, causing such abhorrent behaviors as ideologically justified murder. Simply said: They are clueless - "god" help us all.

Believe me, if you want Canada in a lock-down, you will see nothing but a rapid spread of fascism, spread by fear, ideology and racism.

I have a feeling I'll be able to guarantee that whatever the CDN gov chooses to do, it will ultimately not be in the favor of the average Canadian OR human.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
Perhaps the Jihadi's have finally switched tactics.. For years, they've always tried to pull off increasingly complex attacks and invariably they are found out and caught - it always seemed obvious to me that these sort of "hit and run" attacks by small groups, maybe a car bomb campaign or something along the lines of Mumbai would be far more effective.

I believe that most nations have been focusing heavily on defending against a "Mumbai style" attack. It is one of the most threatening types of terrorism there could be, because it's so simple, so organic and so hard to fight against if enough people are involved.

I believe this is why we see immediate lock-downs in these areas, and why there is now such a massive police response when something seems to suggest that it could potentially be the start of something like that. Look at the beheading last month in London, completely unrelated to terrorism, but the style of it (seemingly unprovoked, in a neighborhood, irrationally violent...) immediately triggered a massive police response that you would expect from a terrorist incident.

I personally think this is related to the incident on Monday, and I fear this might be the start of a change of tactic for these extremists. I hope that this is a "lone" gunman and not part of a group. It becomes much more dangerous and unpredictable if there are more individuals involved who might be watching this and looking for their own cue to start action.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Yet another person being loaded onto a stretcher.
edit on 22-10-2014 by CraftBuilder because: of typo.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: VoidFire
This is very scary for me, because my dad is military and works close to the Parliament area in Ottawa... and my sister sometimes goes downtown with her boyfriend too.... It really worries me.

As they should be. It would seem that government and military are the intended targets for the radicals. I am sure they know to keep their eyes out for anyone suspicious. I doubt these are highly planned attacks....more like a guerrilla type approach with those doing the attacking essentially acting on their own but with the blessing of whatever Muslim leader they studied under at whatever place of worship.

The Muslim people that claim this is just radicals need to step up and ferret out the bad seeds if they are truly not all in favor of what is happening.

link   
a reply to: canDarian

Just to clarify - for myself and for others -

are you currently nearby on the ground?

link   
CNN just reported that a person from inside (a man) tweeted that the "lone gunman" is dead. It was verified from Bob Zimmer. "We are okay."

[CNN Link]

CNN talking to reporter there said gunman used the main door and got past armed guards on that door. That they took all the reporters to a room and told them to lay down. Said he saw "one body" that looked like a woman. Local reporter on phone also said dozens of shots were fired.
edit on 10/22/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Police have brought in and are positioning APCs.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
For those who aren't aware here is a Thread on attack against soldiers yesterday

Active scene still. If you're in Ottawa, stay well away from downtown as it will all be blocked off. No news of those hospitalized. I have not heard any news at all about the second soldier who was standing guard at the war memorial, if he is safe or injured or whatnot. Does anyone know?

Thanks for the pics CanDarian.
edit on 22-10-2014 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Police are still taking cover.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: canDarian

Video not working.....

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
They are looping the live feed right now.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
someone is tweeting...

Police say the shooter is on roof of building at Metcalfe and Sparks 1 block from Parliament Hill

CBC

link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe Yep gimmie a min The internet is brutal atm in Ottawa not sure if this is by design or congestion but uploading and posting is getting more difficult by the min

edit on 22-10-2014 by canDarian because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: aboutface

This is getting intense its time for boots on ground, we got to bring the fight to these idiots.

Is America going to Invade Canada now....Any Excuse.

No invasion needed...our GENIUS politicians signed an agreement making our military theirs years ago. The Canadian Armed Forces are a branch of USNORTHCOM.

USNORTHCOM

link   
This is related to the attack on two soldiers in Quebec .i have to admit ATS was ahead of the curve on this as there was a thread about an attack or some type of threat happening in Canada, we have been immune from this type of Muslim terrorism but this brings home what other country's have been dealing with for years from these assholes.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
It is on CNN in the US now.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join