It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Population Control

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
oops
edit on 22-10-2014 by paleorchid13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Logan's Run comes to mind. Every one, regardless of race, religion, or ideology were allowed to live...till a certain age anyways.

Not a world I would want to live in, but it does make a certain kind of sense.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I genuinely don't understand. If we, as humans, are so much cleverer than Nature, why don't we just quickly rustle up a new Nature that behaves exactly as we want it to? We could just install different methods of "population control" etc. If we humans are actually NOT brighter than whatever figured out Nature, then surely the most logical thing is to let Nature get on with it? Why don't we simply concentrate on relieving suffering, and just let Nature decide who lives and for how long? Nature appears to have done fantastically well for millions of years with every concievable species, what changed? When did Nature cock-up? Or was it arrogant humanity, with thier superiority complex, who cocked-up? Personally, I am 100% sure that if we simply did nothing to stop her, Nature would happily ensure that all populations - including humans - would fluctuate jus nicely within balance with the all of Nature.

What's so difficult about that?

Surely, if someone who tinkered with engines discovered a small governer thingabob in an engine some-one else designed, and found that if he broke or jammed it the engine would rev to 10 times what it did before, and have 10 times more power, but the whole engine blew up after half an hour, would he be classed a great inventor because he went round breaking all the governers in all the engines? Or would he be classed a fool becuase he was so arrogant he KNEW he was brighter than the bloke who designed the engine, and put the governer there in the first place to prevent the engine from destroying itself?

All very weird and nut's, the way humanity sees Nature - I just think people are well crazy, Nature has had longer than we ever will to figure out whats best for her life-forms, to simply ignore everything she has put in place is just the most foolish thing ever, but just about all of humanity thinks it's perfectly O.K. to act like a fool?

I just dunno........

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I dont know why this overpopulation thing comes up...

Fact 7 billion people put into one area would only be about as big as LA..

Give said people 1 acre of land it would only be as big as Texas..

got 1:55

And this seems ok..

edit on 10/22/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ThichHeaded

Space is but one issue when it comes to population. Resources to sustain said population is another issue. (Personally, I think the next major world conflict will be fought over potable water sources.)

As an aside, Eugenics as a whole gets a terrible reputation because of how certain groups have tried to use it. The general concept of improving the human population through an understanding of genetics and reproduction is, in my opinion, awesome. Before I get rude replies, I am aware of the whole "who decides what" type of argument, and I do not have an answer. That is certainly the tricky/grey area of eugenics.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TycoonBarnaby

Space is but one issue when it comes to population. Resources to sustain said population is another issue. (Personally, I think the next major world conflict will be fought over potable water sources.)

Actually no.. Remember that terrorist we killed in 2011? Whats his name.. Gaddafi or something.. As I remember hearing he made a man made river so that the people there would have water no?

Actually collecting rain water would work.. But you can be a terrorist to and goto jail..
Hydroponics would also work..

As for resources I believe if Africa were developed right we can all eat free forever.. Actually we can now but lets not talk about the 40 or 50% if food we throw away for 1 reason or another..

As for fossil fuels.. I love some muscle cars but.. We can run Tesla vehicles or EV1's(remember them?) and get around with them.. Well power crap they are battery.. Without depleting the sun of much needed rays...... I am sure solar would be the way to go... Germany gets 40% of their power from solar no? Sucks though.. The sun is dimming day per day because of it..

I am being a smart ass in some of this.. but you get the gist..(I was doing it for funny reference to..)

Eugenics: I can care less.. People can have whatever kinda kids they want... I think this is bs...

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThichHeaded

Actually no.. Remember that terrorist we killed in 2011? Whats his name.. Gaddafi or something.. As I remember hearing he made a man made river so that the people there would have water no?

Actually collecting rain water would work.. But you can be a terrorist to and goto jail..
Hydroponics would also work..

As for resources I believe if Africa were developed right we can all eat free forever.. Actually we can now but lets not talk about the 40 or 50% if food we throw away for 1 reason or another..

As for fossil fuels.. I love some muscle cars but.. We can run Tesla vehicles or EV1's(remember them?) and get around with them.. Well power crap they are battery.. Without depleting the sun of much needed rays...... I am sure solar would be the way to go... Germany gets 40% of their power from solar no? Sucks though.. The sun is dimming day per day because of it..

I am being a smart ass in some of this.. but you get the gist..(I was doing it for funny reference to..)

Eugenics: I can care less.. People can have whatever kinda kids they want... I think this is bs...

Man-made river from....

Collecting rainwater does have an effect on the whole of the biosystems in the area. Not that I think it should be a crime, but you should probably look into water systems/cycles. In short, if you take from one, you also take from another.

Food, I agree, we currently have enough land and resources to produce enough food for the current population, distribution is the issue (and it doesn't need to be).

I won't go into the, in essence, electric car argument, as many who support it (maybe not you) conveniently forget that the majority of the energy used to recharge is coming from coal.
edit on 10/22/2014 by TycoonBarnaby because: typo, forgor an 'r'

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TycoonBarnaby

Man made river.
I would add better but this will get you started..

The coal gig ya.. I work wit the railroad where I live.. well aware.. I am saying to use solar for things instead.. Electric for home running those cars..

Hell even a hydrogen cell would work.. You can use water and there is no adverse effects...

There are alot of ways of fixing alot of issues but we are so tied down to this bs of slave to the system and money is your god that alot of people do not want to see the bigger picture..

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I already knew where the river came from, and I think it is awesome. (We disagree that the person is/(was) a terrorist, unless you were joking.)

I love that you are doing your part, but the world is quite large. The current systems are mostly terrible. I 100% agree that solar is the way to go, but it needs further development before it will become the majority supply of energy for humans (discounting the fact that it already keeps us alive.)

I assume we can agree that we should be moving forward with technology (and not just for automobiles.)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TycoonBarnaby

If you read my post I said was was being kinda satireish...

And ya even at the loss of my job which I really do like.. I think there are other ways of doing things..

Like i said.. solar, hydrogen like in the video above.. I have actually been thinking alot about that video...
How to convert that little thing into something to make a car run...

I work wit the railroad so my specialty isnt that kinda thing.. but thinking about it maybe it will it me like a wave from the ocean eh..

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I did read your post. I would think my reply would be evident of such.

Forgive me for not knowing what was "kinda satireish" and what was not. Also, forgive me for not watching a linked YouTube video (as I will never regard them as a proper source.)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Actually it shows how to make a hydrogen generator.. he uses it to blow up bottles but running the same thing in a car shouldn't be all that much different.. You do know not everything on the net is a lie.. Just saying..

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I do know that not everything on the interwebs is a lie. However, anyone using YouTube videos as their only evidence/proof (regardless of whether it is true or not,) would be laughed out of academia (if that is your issue, private message me or start a new thread).

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Man-made river from....

Collecting rainwater does have an effect on the whole of the biosystems in the area. Not that I think it should be a crime, but you should probably look into water systems/cycles. In short, if you take from one, you also take from another.

Food, I agree, we currently have enough land and resources to produce enough food for the current population, distribution is the issue (and it doesn't need to be).

I won't go into the, in essence, electric car argument, as many who support it (maybe not you) conveniently forget that the majority of the energy used to recharge is coming from coal.

Viktor schauberger is the man, im reading his book atm which is fascinating but I can't find the link this tells you about him
www.panacea-bocaf.org...

He explained how we are killing the planet through changing the waterways and deforestation but it was ignored by the scum, I think the more you look at it how can the people that control us be from this world which is maybe why they are banging on about depopulation,
I dunno seems like we have all fallen under some insanity cloud or something and none of us seem to want to stand together to fight this evil.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

the implications of controlling who may and may not have children faces the slippery slope of eugenics.

We have eugenics right now- poor people live 20 years less than well off people in America, and in some parts of the world it's worse than that.

By not supporting population control you are in fact supporting massive human suffering as the entire planet becomes a third world hellhole.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Well if anything the EU has growth below replacement levels.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join