It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's a rock......right?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: proob4
If you mean dry, yes.
If you mean hot, no.
If you mean covered with dunes, not everywhere. But it does experience planetwide dust storms. That's a hell of a haboob!

edit on 10/22/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Ok....

Oh, what the hell...

Can you find these five "things" in the source image?

Rat
Beetle
Snake
Skull
Space ship

edit on 22-10-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
You are asking for the impossible. NASA has told you NOTHING is there. Yet you persist to see that SOMETHING is there when in fact no one see's anything but rocks. If NASA takes the pictures, why would they take a picture contradicting what they say. They control it right? So ya, impossible.

I am starting to think these pareidolia threads are to drive me insane.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
It looks like a layer of rock and your dark object is just the shadow. Like a step.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: nrd101

As Phage pointed out, even if it was petrified wood it would still be a rock right?

So why the hysteria?

I just asked a very simple question...

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyTrick

Ok. To me it appears as its casting a shadow, not in shadow itself.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I fully believe that at one time Mars did have an atmosphere and water capable of supporting life. I also believe that such life did indeed exist on Mars. Was there also "intelligent" life? I doubt it but it is not impossible.

HOWEVER...

With all that being said I have yet to see any concrete proof to support my beliefs. If there was life, even intelligent life, on Mars; the millennia and weather have done an excellent job of obliterating it; then creating random features that just look like something familiar to us over imaginative earthlings

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Given the direction of Sun's light (which is illuminating that dark thing almost face-on), the dark thing is indeed curious.

Looking forward to Mastcam and (hopefully) MAHLI images, as they will be in colour.

[Edit] just found a Mastcam image of the same outcrop, from Sol 780: mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Looks like a thin sediment layer with deep shadow underneath it.
edit on 22-10-2014 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Here it is from another angle, and with a different sunlight angle (MastCam; Sol 782):

Source:
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
a reply to: markovian

You are absolutely right. Forgive me for asking a curious question instead of making a wild assertions about alien weapons, giant statues or fields of bones.

In the future I will spend my time reading trashy gossip magazines or watching reality tv instead of casually exploring a distant planet.

What was I thinking....

Please do tell I star and flagged just for the title of your thread, anyways so what is it you see? I think I know what I see but don't trust my eyes just yet there dialated right now.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: markovian

and lets face it given enouf time nature could make a fully finctional house

I know what you mean.
I was out hiking in Arizona and came across this petrified cottage. Craftsman style, 3 bedrooms but only one bath.
Lousy neighborhood too. There was a sandstone crack house two boulders over.

Uh,

Ok...
It's a rock.
edit on 22-10-2014 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
looks a little bit like a footprint to me. i dunno

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Nice.
Thanks.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
I thought sedimentary rocks are formed by sediments - dirt trees, dead things - then years of compacting turn them into rocks. Action of huge amount of water is needed. All I see is wind eroded landscape. I don't think sedimentary rocks can form on mars. Also Is there wind on mars? The atmosphere is 100 times less dense than the earth. How can it generate huge wind storms with so little air?
As far as the face or whatever, all I see are rocks, igneous rocks.

edit on 23-10-2014 by jlafleur02 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

hi - could you please indicate EXACTLY what you re refereeing too ?

I just see rocks - but rather than make wild unevidenced claims of constructs and creatures - I sugest you look more closely at the rocks

because I see a possible sedimentary structure - which if true is far more fascinating than the garbage about skulls // statues etc etc

most rock starers are looking so hard they don't consider the geological possibilities of the rocks

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I came to this thread expecting to see a rock, Wasn't disappointed.

Interesting shadowing though.

I too believe Mars once had possible microorganisms in it's now extinct oceans. But so much time has passed and what NASA is looking for may just be buried too deep after Millions of years of Martian dust storms etc. It is the proverbial needle in the haystack.

Tiny itty bitty things now petrified bits in stone hidden on a planet of rocks. Who knows, they may get lucky and the rovers may just happen upon the right spot of exposed evidence someday, hopefully in my lifetime

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I suggest reading my posts, I answered this question three times..

Hint: petrified wood.....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join