It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola in Venezuela and possibly more South American countries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
After finding out that Venezuela had 10 recent deaths with no confirmed cause there has been a lot of speculation... Then a black out of information. Indeed the symptoms of these patients reflect that of the ebola trend. Hemorrhaging with lung and liver failure. Skin rashes in the form of blisters. These symptoms in light of the on going ebola outbreak in Africa gave doctors the signal to sound the alarm.

The doctors claimed this is either ebola or a mutated form of the chikungunya fever. President Nicolás Maduro quickly denied these claims and claimed that these doctors were trying to cause hysteria. He threatened imprisonment and called the doctor who claimed it was ebola a "terrorist". The "terrorist" doctor fled Venezuela.

Obviously with this type of censorship the media and health care workers have gone silent. The tragedy of this event would lead to no autopsies performed on the 10 victims.

On October 14th 2014 Venezuela initiated their first Ebola training. This elaborate "training" required the use of helicopters and full hazmat teams. Not to mention "actors" that played the roles of patients. These "patients" were taken to remote areas unknown and were not taken to hospitals leading to further speculation.

I began this research unknowingly discovering many conflicting numbers that may shine some more light on the surrounding countries and their ebola status'. It has become apparent that the chikungunya fever has become the scapegoat of South America when diagnosing unknown ailments. The reported deaths and cases in each country are strangely conflicting by large margins.

In this source:
carpha.org...

You can see that Guadeloupe and Martinique have approximately 66,000 and 80,000 cases with 59 and 69 deaths respectively. As you will also notice the Dominican Republic has 280,000 cases with only 6 deaths. One could argue that their health care systems may substantially govern the patient outcome but in reality the chikungunya fever's fatality rate is accurately reflected with the Dominican republics results as seen in impoverished health care systems in Africa.

It is important to note also that Venezuela does not have chikungunya fever fatalities even though it was reported later that those 10 deaths were due to chikungunya complications.

What is increasingly concerning is the complete black out of information coming from these countries. As you can see there is an obvious unidentified disease (probably ebola) that these countries refuse to acknowledge or let the world know.

m.local10.com...

www.rexfeatures.com...
edit on 21-10-2014 by FerronMelwick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Could it be that entrovirus D68 that weve been hearing about?
Though symtoms don't match well...

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: FerronMelwick

There is a family in our county that just got back from Venezuela, the father works there for an oil company. They are displaying really Ebola like symptoms but the CDC ignores the local hospital because the family hasn't traveled to a West Africa country. This is really scary.
edit on 21-10-2014 by Longshots because: spelling

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Can we please stop the fear mongering, there is little reason to suspect this as Ebola.
I am in Venezuela at the moment and the title of your thread was a bit of a shock. The cases you are referring to ,that took place in the State of Aragua are strange . However the deaths are from more than a month ago.

This death raises to 10 the number of victims in Aragua, to the case of Juan Zurita, 60 years old, who died in the Clinical Razzetti add and Yuliana Lopez, 28 years old, who died in Pérez Carreño Hospital in Caracas. On the case of Razzetti, Nancy Perez Sierra Minister said the patient died from an infection. "It is detected. What is not known and is in pathologic examination • The infectious agent that made that person had a septic and has died. That being studied, but it is not a disease."

There hasnt been any recent news of the situation. I dont think this is Ebola, however I could be wrong.
There are a lot of tropical diseases here, it could be ckikungunya (however as you state the mortality rate is not high)

That said they may of mistreated the symptoms, gave aspirin or other complications. THere are a high percentage of old and young victims. It could be poisoning and the government are covering it up.

Ebola I do not think so , was over a month ago and no more news, even though some media control here people still have the internet and social media so information would of got out.

As for a practice drill for ebola, after the f ups in Texas, I think that it is a sensible idea for all countries to undertake and is actually one thing the government here are doing right

Reagrds

link

edit on 21-10-2014 by maythetruthbeknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: maythetruthbeknown
update
The 10 people died within 72 hours which does not fit with ebola , the last was reported on 20th September. There has been speculation of a cover up however there do not seem to be more victims. I dont claim to know what it was but am pretty sure it isnt Ebola.

www.entornointeligente.com...

www.reportero24.com...

informe21.com...

ATS thread by indigent on the disease from a month ago www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: maythetruthbeknown

"People with Ebola fever often die very quickly."
www.humanillnesses.com...

Read more: www.humanillnesses.com...

Once people begin showing symptoms of Ebola people do die very quickly especially without any kind of medical treatment. Some of your links go back to my question about the chikungunya fever and the statistics.

" The policy of the College of Physicians of Aragua , meanwhile , remained complaints over eight died of Acute Hemorrhagic Fever Syndrome , which ignore , even if it is caused by a virus or bacteria. Following the signs have emerged two new deaths reported by their relatives. It was learned that a group of doctors and infectious disease in their quest to discover the disease in question, which as noted causes deterioration of the patient within 72 hours causing death, presumed to be a more aggressive type of chikungunya"

Yet these cases were not recorded as chikungunya fatalities. Your previous source listed three people that died from chikungunya fever and yet they were not reported fatalities.

I understand that these deaths were from a month ago. I am simply correlating things now. I believe there is an obvious cover up and a relationship between chikungunya fever diagnosis and unknown diseases.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I agree that there has been some form of cover up, however it is more likely that it was to do with the inexperience of the hospital staff in diagnosing the correct medication for chikungunya or some other disease. Or could be poisoning of some kind.

It is strange that there have been no reports of deaths from chikungunya..

Area Vice President of Social and Education Minister Hector Rodriguez, said Monday that authorities have diagnosed 7,272 cases of chikungunya and dengue more than 52,254 in the country.
Rodriguez reported, so far there are no reports of deaths from chikungunya.

These are the recent figures although I am 100 percent sure the figures are wayyy higher, I personally know 3 people that have had the disease with relatively mild symptoms.

Well lets hope you are wrong
www.venezuelaaldia.com...
Take care

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
On a related note, there have been reports that people from Ebola-stricken countries have sneaked into the U.S. through our southern border. Who knows how many and where they ended up.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

Yes fox news and breitbart have been sayin that for months now. Wild speculation is wild

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
A big thanks to Maythe truthbeknown.....

This is ats finest feature......local reportage from unbiased sources....

top topics

join