It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Valor por Tamaulipas Twitter Crusader Executed by Cartel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
For those unfamiliar with Valor por Tamaulipas (from Wikipedia):

Valor por Tamaulipas ("Courage for Tamaulipas") is a Facebook page that covers security updates in the Mexican state of Tamaulipas. It was founded by an anonymous user on 1 January 2012, and its goal is to share information with other social media users on the drug-related violence and risk situations all across the state. With over 500,000 likes on Facebook, Valor por Tamaulipas routinely posts messages and photos of crime scenes on its page. In a country where many journalists have been assassinated for writing about drug trafficking and organized crime, the page survives under anonymity, but it has not been immune to threats.

In early 2013, a Mexican drug trafficking organization issued fliers offering a reward of $600,000 pesos (US$46,000) for anyone that could give out information to locate the administrator of Valor por Tamaulipas or any of his family members. The administrator, however, openly defied the criminal organization's threat through Facebook. His wife and children reportedly fled to the United States after the threats for security reasons, but the citizen journalist stated on the Facebook page that he had decided to stay in Mexico and continue updating at Valor por Tamaulipas.

It goes without saying that to these remarkable people are taking an extreme risk in doing what they do which requires an immense amount of courage. In extremely sad news, one of the members of Valor por Tamaulipas, who tweeted under the handle @Miut3 and called herself "Felina," was tracked down by Gulf Cartel goons and executed a few days ago on the 16th.

From The Daily Beast:

Felina nevertheless continued to post a high volume of news alerts to the site at the hashtag #ReynosaFollow. Until early in the morning of Thursday, Oct. 16, when this message from Felina @Miut3 was posted:

# reynosafollow FRIENDS AND FAMILY, MY REAL NAME IS MARÍA DEL ROSARIO FUENTES RUBIO. I AM A PHYSICIAN. TODAY MY LIFE HAS COME TO AN END.

The next message, sent moments later, is supposedly her warning friends and family not to make the same mistake she did, using social media to report on organized crime, because “there is no point.” The message after that is a warning to her followers and to three prominent citizen journalists that the cartels “are closer to us than you think.” The last message sent from Felina’s account is not written but rather consists of two photos: in the first, a middle-aged woman keeps her hands folded in front of her and looks directly at the camera; in the second the same woman is lying on a dirty floor with a coup de grace bullet wound in the face. The founder of Valor por Tamaulipas confirmed that the photos are of Felina. Twitter has since shut down her account.

The founder of Valor por Tamaulipas has vowed to stay the course.
edit on 2014-10-21 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Only scum treats life with such indifference.

War on Drugs equals wealthy criminal cartels which can be ruthless murderous and just downright evil so politicians in beds with corporations can make more money.

Stop the madness - stop the war - legalize everything and then go burn these mother firggers to the ground and rid the world of their evil presence.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: csulli456

You have groups willing to execute people who dont agree with them.

Do you really think legalizing everything is going to solve the problem? Do you think these morons running cartels are going to pay taxes? Abide by safety standards?

If you think legalizing all drugs will resolve the problem you are as delusional as the cartels.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I lived in reynosa three years ago and used a few online sources like this to stay on top of things. I always thought they were taking a risk and being pretty brave.

I hope the rats that snitched on her get what they deserve.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I hate this place sometimes... I got nothing else to say...

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: csulli456

You have groups willing to execute people who dont agree with them.

Do you really think legalizing everything is going to solve the problem? Do you think these morons running cartels are going to pay taxes? Abide by safety standards?

If you think legalizing all drugs will resolve the problem you are as delusional as the cartels.

Not really.
Price wars will end their hold. Do you think that a cartel can sustain itself when the price of it's preferred product drops? Let's say the US was serious about the marijuana cartels...they could flood the market or just arbitrarily drop the price down to say...$5 an ounce. (They won't but let's just say that they do.) That would ruin profits for any dealers of marijuana to the point where they could not sustain the lifestyle that they have. So they would have to search for the next enterprise.

Yes they would have to move on. And that moving on would allow the legal drug dealers the opportunity to increase their prices afterwards.

Simple economics would tell you that it's possible to eliminate the drug trafficking. However, one would have to plan ahead and see what the next product that will be trafficked will be...my bet would be humans, as that is a very profitable venture.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

I am saying cartels are not keen on paying taxes. Their entire business is based on controlling their monopoly and making as much money as they can while killing those who get in there way / challenge their area control.

given how long drugs have been around the ability to legalize them have come and gone with no push from cartels.

To think these groups will all of a sudden comply with the law is insane.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I worked in Iraq, afganistan, and pakistan... I lived in Mexico for 4 years recently...

I wish I know a way to wake america up to the crimes against humanity that goes on each day there.

I only lived in Reynosa and Monterey .... I saw enough to believe that america is turning a blind eye to something monumentally wrong.

I have fought all over the world for example... but none of you could raise enough money for me to step foot within Jaurez... its a death pit unlike anywhere else in the world... put that in perspective... yes you guys could pay me enough to go back to syria.

edit on 22-10-2014 by ArmyOfNobunaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

I am saying cartels are not keen on paying taxes. Their entire business is based on controlling their monopoly and making as much money as they can while killing those who get in there way / challenge their area control.

given how long drugs have been around the ability to legalize them have come and gone with no push from cartels.

To think these groups will all of a sudden comply with the law is insane.

Who said that they would comply with the law? I don't think I did.

I said that the economics of legalization would put them out of the pot pushing business. And it will.

Any businessman will concede that when competition goes up and sales prices drop below the costs of production, protection, transportation, and the fair amount of risk that occurs in that occupational line....it's time to get out of the business.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

they could flood the market or just arbitrarily drop the price down to say...$5 an ounce. (They won't but let's just say that they do.)

your right, it will never ever be that low. especially when the other states see just exactly what Colorado and Washington make in taxes and save on law enforcement and prison costs.

the greedy bastards.

edit on 23-10-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

they could flood the market or just arbitrarily drop the price down to say...$5 an ounce. (They won't but let's just say that they do.)

your right, it will never ever be that low. especially when the other states see just exactly what Colorado and Washington make in taxes and save on law enforcement and prison costs.

the greedy bastards.

It doesn't matter how low they drop the price. If it is legal, a citizen can grow his/her own. Then what will the cartels peddle?

new topics

join